5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Swim Bag
Published on November 20, 2010 by PracticalMom

Buyers of the large Speedo Pro Backpack black/gold please beware!
I am a member of a local Seattle area competitive swim team. I purchased this backpack in October 2012 because it matched our team colors.
Published 14 months ago by swimseattle

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Swim Bag, November 20, 2010
I bought 2 of these backpacks. One for each of my daughters. They love these swim bags! My daughters are 8 and 10 and can fill these backpacks up and still comfortably handle the packs due to great design and padded back and straps. They can put 3 towels, change of clothes, cap, googles and snacks for meets. A typical practice includes their boots, winter coat, clothes, towel, suit, water bottle, cap and googles. They LOVE these packs and I love the quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Been looking for awhile, this fits more than i expected!, January 2, 2011
I workout and shower at my fitness club 3-5x a week, all season long. I needed something big enough for two towels, shoes/boots, toiletries, hairdryer, dry clothes, wet clothes, phone, ipod, wallet, food, drink, etc. I had been hunting for a long time! this bag is absolutely perfect. it has multiple compartments, inside and out, some with mesh, some with solid closures, and most have different size pouches for different purposes. the shoulder straps are wide and very comfortable. most of the zipper enclosures have two zips so you can pull from either end, based on what side you're facing the backpack. the pink is bright and happy too! i highly recommend this bag. for $43, you really can't beat the size, quality and functionality of this bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Bag, February 7, 2011
This bag is huge. I am a rather large man, and I can fit my swim trunks, beach-sized towel, workout clothes, and my shower items in the interior pockets. Once I'm done with my workout, the "wet pocket" can hold my trunks and towel and I still have enough room in the other pockets to fit my dry workout clothes and my hygiene items. The straps on the outside are very sturdy and actually adjust large enought fit my shoulders comfortably.

I was pleased with the number of smaller outter pockets, but a couple of them are just too small. The other thing I was disapointed in is that the acutal color of the bag (red) isn't as dark a red as displayed on the computer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Team Speedo Pro Backpack - Do not purchase this item, the zippers will break immediately and Speedo will not refund your money!, May 1, 2013
Buyers of the large Speedo Pro Backpack black/gold please beware!
The zipper that closes the large compartment broke within 4 weeks of purchase. Within 8 weeks of purchase 3 of the four outer zippers were broken. The zipper "teeth" fell out.

I have been to many swim meets since then and I have met many people who also purchased this product. All of them had broken zippers.

Speedo will not replace the backpack nor refund my money. I bought the backpack on this site through an online swim shop. I was told that because I didn't purchase it from Speedo directly, they will not help me.

Everyone that I have met that owns this backpack, has been unable to get Speedo to replace or reimburse them.

Please note that I have seen this backpack in many different colors and the black/gold seems to be the only color with zipper problems. It seems as though the plastic zipper is different on the black/gold than the other solid colors.

I will never again purchase Speedo products.
Don't throw your money away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bag, March 31, 2011
Roman Zinder (Brooklyn, New York USA) - See all my reviews
It's a perfect sports bag. Big enough to fit everything you need for two people to go swimming, with plenty of pockets to separate wet and dry.
Note: the bag a bit too big for the average lockers they install in most GYMs/swimming pools. Once it's half empty, it fits fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speedo swim backpack!, January 21, 2010
Great price, great product. My daughter can fit all her swim stuff in here. Probaby even herself! Its huge and just what we wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars the colors?, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Speedo Performance Pro Backpack (Sports)
Our entire swim team has these bags so naturally my kids had to have them. Everyone else writes about quality so I'll write about the colors I've seen in person and own. The red looks darker in person, not so candy red (my son has the red).The blues are very close to the photos. The lightest blue looks a little more like powder blue in person. The pink is a lot nicer in person not as rosy but still a med pink.(my daughter has the pink). The yellow is more neon in person.The neon lime is a lot brighter than the photo. The maroon,purple and forest green are really dark boy type colors in person. Maybe out in the sun they would look like the photo but at an indoor pool they look darker.The neon orange is the color of a hunting vest. I almost got it because in the photo it's more of a tangerine, in person it is very neon hunting vest orange.

The bags are a shinny material but not as shinny as the photos. My kids are both 8yrs. old and small for their age. The large backpacks swallow them whole but they need room for more clothes/towels in the winter. If you have year round swimmers that go to meets this is a great bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedo Performance Pro Backpack, Purple, January 8, 2010
This backpack is great -- my daughter was very happy to get one. Now she will have everything she needs when going to dive practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this backpack, January 4, 2010
This is a great backpack for swim team. There are separate compartments to keep wet stuff away from dry stuff. My girls can fit all their suits, clothes, towels, and swim meet necessities in this bag and everything stays dry, even on the wet deck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Swim Bag, January 23, 2011
A. White (Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased a bag for my two grade school-age children as Christmas gifts, after seeing other swimmers using them. They are very nice looking, well made and designed, and hold everything we need for meets. The water-proof pouch at the bottom is perfect for keeping wet goggles and caps away from dry books and clothes. I wish I'd purchased these bags years ago, as they are perfect for our needs. The variety of colors allowed me to choose a bright color that let our bags to stand out and made them easy to find. I highly recommend this bag for anyone who has to swim gear to manage.

Speedo Performance Pro Backpack, Red