5.0 out of 5 stars Great gym bag, but shoes >9 (US men's) won't fit.
Published on July 12, 2010 by K. Noble

1.0 out of 5 stars This bag is so small!
I was ordering this bag to use for swim practice, and I didn't want to carry around something huge. I saw the dimensions for the "small" Speedo bag and when I measured them, it seemed like a good size. But when I got the bag in the mail, it was tiny, the size of a briefcase! The measurements and the picture are the wrong for this size bag, so get the medium if you want a...
Published on September 8, 2009 by M. Guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gym bag, but shoes >9 (US men's) won't fit., July 12, 2010
I bought this as a gym/swim bag, and it's the perfect size for that. Very sturdy construction and quality materials, and it looks good too (I have the maroon bag). I use the main compartment for clothes/toiletries, mesh side pocket for swim gear and anything wet, long side pocket for keys/wallet/misc., and the far side pocket for shoes/sandals. The only problem I can see with this bag is that if your shoes/sandals are larger than a US men's size 9, they won't fit in the side pocket and you'd have to put them in the main compartment along with your clothes... yuck. But otherwise, this is a great bag.

EDIT: I'm upgrading to five stars because this bag is SUPER DURABLE!! After 2 years of constant use and exposure to chlorinated water, it still looks new. The design is excellent, and the construction is top notch. Highly recommend!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but small, March 18, 2011
I've had this bag for about a month now and it seems to be holding up well. At first I was concerned with the seemingly cheap plastic clips and zippers (but for the price...). I stuff this bag full everyday and it seems to withstand my beating. So far.

Which brings me to my next thing...it is smaller than I expected. Also, on the pic it looks as though both "pockets" on the end were seperate compartments. But actually the "shoe" compartment sits INSIDE the main compartment. I was disppointed by that.It does take up a lot of your room. With that said, I am still able to fit all of my gear. Just.

What I am able to fit: 2 pairs of running pants (one for rain), long sleeve running shirt, half-zip jacket, extra "roll-up" rain jacket and running shoes in the shoe compart. This pretty well fills the bag. I can get my hat and gloves on the other side pocket. However I do sometimes run into trouble trying to fit my work clothes in the bag after I change into my running gear(run after work and don't have a locker or such to put my street clothes in). If I happen to be wearing a sweater that day, I often can't get that into the bag.

All in all I'm happy with my purchase. I was looking for a bag smaller than my large double. I do love how light-weight it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than discribed, March 29, 2009
Lab "Chocolate" (Anchorage, Alaska United States) - See all my reviews
Speedo Small Pro Duffle is better than discription. It has a seperate compartment for shoes, one for wet suit, one for wallet ect, and large area for clothing stuff in middle. Made of great material and good crafting. Worth the price and I looked at a few bags at the store. This bag is top notch. And just the right size for work out bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can only recomment it, November 8, 2013
After hesitating between the two sizes, I eventually chose the small Speedo Performance Pro Duffle Bag. It is bigger than expected (21.5" x 10.5" x 10" actually fits a lot), sturdy and has quality zips. One inside pocket (e.g. for keys) would have been nice, but not indispensable. There is an attractive color for every taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice swim bag, January 31, 2010
This bag was exactly what I was shopping for. My kids are little and it pretty much hold everything they need for a swim meet. If you are shopping for an older swimmer (with larger clothes) you may want to buy a bigger bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT SMALL ALL PURPOSE GYM/DUFFLE BAG, August 20, 2012
Dr. Chris Gelenter (Jonesboro, Arkansas) - See all my reviews
I received this bag and used it twice within the last few days. It has a wet compartment for a wet swim suit plus another end compartment and a large main compartment. I wear size 12 1/2 shoes which fit in the main compartment if they are turned face up and down and crossed over each other. I was also able to fit a towel, change of clothes, and soap/deodorant. It's worth the money. It has a durable bottom that is similiar to a rugged canvas. The main portions and zippers/straps of the bag are well made. It is a heavy nylon type material. It isn't heavy to lift but it isn't parachute thin either. The SPEEDO LOGO is well displayed with a classic look. I bought this for myself for those days when I travel to an indoor pool to swim. But this classic bag could be used for overnight trips and even some some shopping/errands trips. You will enjoy owning it or giving it as a gift to an active person. There are many color selections. Mine is blue and I'm very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gym bag, June 12, 2012
I have this in neon orange. Great bag, waterproof and has a decent amount of space. Front compartment has built in sections for credit or Id cards, money, bottles etc. I love the shoe compartment because I hate for my sneakers to touch my clothes when i go to the gym. I dont use it for swimming but I like the waterproof and separate compartments that regular gym bags don't have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bag ever!, October 9, 2011
I got this bag for swimming at the gym and it is the perfect size and build! It has a place for my wet clothes and for my dry clothes. I twas exactly what I was looking for- and the right price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Speedo swim bag, March 20, 2014
I like the water tight compartments for loading wet suits. The bag is bigger than I would have liked. I was looking for something to contain googles, hood and suits with some accessory pockets. This is more of an overnight bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Masters Practice., November 11, 2013
Perfect size and functionality. Was what I was looking for in a smaller swim work out bag. Could accommodate all gear (towel, suit, paddles, fins, and buoy) . Designed for a swimmer in mind. Appears a good durable quality design.