5.0 out of 5 stars great swim cap for long hair
I have mid-back-length hair that is very thick, and most swim caps just pop off my head. This one actually covers my entire head, forehead to nape (including ears) and has plenty of room for my hair.

Published on September 11, 2008 by Beth

1.0 out of 5 stars Split in half...........
This item split right in half after only 2 weeks of use, using it every day for about 2 hours each day. And yes, directions were read as to how to 'properly' put it on.......

Definitely NOT an item I'd recommend.
Published on March 26, 2010 by Shadowsmom42

5.0 out of 5 stars great swim cap for long hair, September 11, 2008
This review is from: Speedo Silicone Long Hair Swim Cap (Sports)

It stayed on during my whole workout in the pool, and it's easy to put on and take off. Since there's no elastic band (like lycra caps have), it didn't leave a red line on my forehead. Basically, it's everything I'd want in a swim cap.

Some reviewers are interested in whether it keeps your hair dry, and the answer is that it mostly keeps water off your hair (I use a swim cap to avoid chlorine damage) but I wouldn't trust anything short of a magical force field to keep hair totally dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent swim cap, July 22, 2007
This review is from: Speedo Silicone Long Hair Swim Cap (Sports)
I have long hair down to my waist and this cap fits me great. I ordered two other speedo caps that don't fit any of us here - long hair or no, and they seem too small so I'm wondering if they are defects. This one fits perfect, keeps my hair dry, and I have very long hair. If chlorine ruins your hair, get this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedo swim cap, December 19, 2010
I have very long and thick dreadlocks and could never find a swimcap that fits; this one is perfect. Covers all of my hair, isn't tight or uncomfortable and keeps the water out

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good swim cap, November 23, 2007
It's been years since I wore a swim cap, but I'm pleased with this one. The edges of my hair get wet, but not the bulk of it, which I put up in a ponytail and then cover with the cap. Doesn't pull my hair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Split in half..........., March 26, 2010
Shadowsmom42 (Chino, Calif USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speedo Silicone Long Hair Swim Cap (Sports)

Definitely NOT an item I'd recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, love it!, August 30, 2012
This review is from: Speedo Silicone Long Hair Swim Cap (Sports)
I like to incorporate a 30 minute swim in my exercise routine daily and was looking for a cap to keep my hair dry. I normally wash my hair every 2 days, so washing my hair everyday was frustrating, not to mention the chlorine was ruining my hair and making it feel kind of nasty. I originally bought the normal speedo cap (unisex) at Modell's. It was way too tight on my head. I do not have a large head, but I do have very thick hair. My hair did not fit into the normal cap. After researching, a few people recommended the long hair version of the same swim cap, so I bought it.

This cap does a great job! It fits just perfect on my head, not to tight, not too loose. I am able to tie my hair into a bun and slip this over my head with no problems. On the top of the cap is extra material to fit your hair. Make sure to follow the directions on the box (curcling your fingers inward to avoid ripping the cap) and it should last you awhile.

But does it work for keeping your hair dry?

In short, yes, if you use it correctly.

I've tested different ways of swimming with this cap. The first time, I did my normal routine of backstrokes, breaststrokes and the like. My head was never totally submerged in the water other than my face as I swam. With this cap, the only part of my hair that did get wet was the fringe in the back of my head and perhaps the small strands of hair that surround my face. The rest of it stayed completely dry.

I also tried diving and swimming more underwater. The cap, unfortunately, failed to keep my hair totally dry this way. When I got out of the pool, my hair was mostly wet, sparing the top of it.

If you are searching for a cap that keeps your hair 100% dry during a swim, it doesn't exist. This speedo cap however does a pretty great job of keeping it relatively dry. Swimming caps aren't made to keep your hair dry. They are made to eliminate drag in competitive swimming. However, I think that as long as you refrain from submerging your head in the water, your hair will stay dry. I highly recommend this swimming cap!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hair all fits, but doesn't stay dry, December 27, 2006
If you're looking for a cap that will hold pretty long hair, this might be the one for you. I found it spacious enough for mine (lots of below-shoulder hair), but it does NOT keep the water out. My hair wasn't as soaked as if I hadn't worn anything, but it was fairly wet, not just damp. I'd like to find one for long hair that has the ribs on the inside edges, which seem to keep out water better (like windshield wiper blades), but haven't found any in a cap that's large enough for my volume of hair.

4.0 out of 5 stars really works, June 20, 2011
I was really surprised by this head cap. I wear my hair in locks and was really skeptical about whether this would be able to accommodate my hair especially when they are up. I stayed about 2 hours in the ocean and at least 90% of my hair was dry. It started slipping off in the front and my hair line got wet but that was it. I will order another one as back up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, February 24, 2009
I really didn't think I could get a swim cap that kept my hair dry but this cap changed my mind! This cap keeps all my shoulder length hair dry. It is easy to put on and doesn't pull my hair in the process. The outside of the cap dries very quickly so it never goes into my gym bag wet. It is very durable and I do not worry about ripping it while putting it on or taking it off. It is a great cap at a great price.

1.0 out of 5 stars If they only had minus reviews, May 8, 2012
I have very thick long hair and as I placed the cap over my head (1st time out of the package) the cap ripped!
Material looks great, feels nice, but failed terribly - waste of money!

Speedo Silicone Long Hair Swim Cap