Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 20, 2005
Speedo makes great swimming suits and this 1" model (the one inch being the measurement of the material at the side of the hip), is designed for friction-free swimming. It is very "brief", and covers only the essentials. Please men, if you have a roll of fat or a huge rear end, this is not the suit for you!

Relatively inexpensive at around 20 bucks, this suit has just one drawback - it will fade in color and get thinner as it is exposed to chlorinated water. To make it last longer, always rinse the suit out in cold water after swimming, this will slow the wearing of the suit. There are other suits that are of heavier construction that will not thin as much as this Speedo, but with the heavier construction comes more bulk and more friction - so choose your enemy (bulk and longer-lasting, or a faster more comfortable suit but wears out quicker). Most of my suits last about a year, and I swim about 3-4 times a week.

I do recommend Speedo suits and most Speedo products for they are made for both the recreational lap-swimmer and the competitive swimmer. When you jump in the pool with one of these babies on, the rest of the swimmers know you are there for business and not a casual dip!

Jim "Konedog" Koenig
on July 7, 2005
I swim 3-5 miles a week and I have been wearing this suit for 3 years. Excellent fit with great support. The higher leg cut allows more movement without bunching up. Like all swimwear, I do have to replace it after 4-5 months of continuous wear because color fades and material thins. But that is expected with the amount of chlorine exposure. One way I have found to prolong its life is to soak it in ice water for a few hours after use.

Some reviews have stated that the sizing is on the small side. I believe the sizing is intended to be slightly smaller than regular clothes. Because the material will stretch a bit after a couple of uses, if one gets a size larger (which I did once by accident), then the streamline fit is lost.

As for the color, as a serious swimmer, I personally prefer the darker shades (black or navy). I assume that I already get plenty of attention with the 1" cut that I do not want to draw even more attention with a bright red or yellow suit. But if that is your intent, go for the light colors.

Bottom line: great fitting suit that is perfect for workouts and highlights a swimmer's body
on July 14, 2006
I'm really not one to order swimsuits online. I prefer to look at and try on my suits first, as they are all sized differently in their various styles. This year, however, my swimsuits style of choice, the speedo, has been very hard to find. I've had this style of suit before, so I felt safe ordering it online. When I got the suit, I realized just how small the style of suit actually was. The cut is fine, the fabric just right, but this suit isn't for the squeamish or shy. The 1" measurement is for the hip measurement, and it realy is only 1" wide there. The suit has a full back, but due to the small cut of the suit in general, it seems smaller. The front is fully lined, and both front and back have seams down the middle. Really, only confident, fit guys should have this suit, as any physical flaws will be magnified by a suit of this type. If you have low body fat, good self-confidence, and want a good tan, go for it!
on April 25, 2006
I have several of these bikinis and have never had a problem with them. Recently picked up the new white version and even though it is fully lined (front & back) it is completely see through when wet. Maybe not a bad thing?
on May 13, 2007
I own three, a black, a navy, and a gold. Now, I do have a couple of others from another manufacturer which are extremely sexy (at least to the women I've met) but I wouldn't recommend swimming in them.

Now, Speedo with their 1" bikini (Solar) style is perfect. It fits, looks good, stays on in the water, and I get compliments on my tan line. The gold shows the outline of all that is man so I don't wear it around kids. But the dark ones are perfect for the public pools and beaches so I usually get those. I am planning to buy a white one for the tan I'll get later this year. :)

Speedo is my favorite. I order one size smaller because it stretches after a few wears but seems to stop at the right size.
on January 11, 2006
The picture doesn't show you much. It looks different on real people. It's also easier to see in other colors. This suit has a center seam in front and back, which is something I don't like. The picture also doesn't show that there is somewhat of a V shape in the middle of the front, which I think doesn't look right. For some reason, Speedo phased out their old 1 inch bikinis some years ago and replaced them with these Solars, which I think are inferior. The old ones did not have center seams. I think this cut is only popular because it is the only 1 inch men's bikini suit that is readily available in this country, and from the best known brand, to boot. It's a shame that Speedo killed off the old ones, and a shame that Tyr killed off their great 1 inch suits as well. However, you can buy suits that look much better than these Solars that are made by Arena. Someone in Singapore called Accentix on that auction site that begins wih an "e" sells them. The only problem with the Arenas is that their pouch is a little bit too narrow, but really not that much. They come in some great colors too. They are about the same price as the Solars, and are even cheaper if you include shipping, even from Singapore. They are well worth hunting down.
on January 11, 2007
This suit fits perfectly. It is brief-flatteringly so, and to allow freedom of movement-without being tacky. Very comfortable...I ordered a second one.
on July 29, 2007
it is impossible to top the review from rebecca who bought this for her husband to wear in the bedroom, so i will just say that i swim 14 km weekly and the usual lycra-poly suit (including Speedo's 'endurance') lasts 2 months for me. now after 2 months using the 1" solar, it shows essentially no signs of wear and has not lost its shape. it is does not, unfortunately, make me swim any faster. but the comfort, quality, and good looks make my daily swim more pleasant. i agree with the review that suggested 1 size down from actual, i.e. if you are 34" waist, choose the 32" solar, but this is only a suit for fit and athletic men.
on January 20, 2007
The best Swim suit that I have ever seen in the US

I strongly believe that this is the best Speedo suits that I have ever bought in this country. The swim suites being made of very soft and elastic fabric, it does not cause the itchiness on your waste, hips, and crotch, which usually happens when you put on small Speedos like this. The suits actually have only one inch cloth on the sides, you may move your legs in the water very easily, and it makes your swim performance far better than the other Speedos. Another good feature of this suit is that there are many variation of color. I own white, black and dark blue one. I personally do not recommend the one in white and very light color, since it become absolutely see-through when wet.

I know there is one big concern when men wearing this suite. Here is my comment to someone who does not have confidence to wear them in swimming pool: To be frank, my friends told me that the suits are little revealing since those have high-leg cut and made of thin fabric. In fact, even in the darker colors, shape of your"manhood" will be somewhat revealed especially when wet in these suits. (But not see-through) However, don't you think it always happens when you are in any Speedos as long you have the "organ?" it is absolutely more strange if that part was completely flat. In addition, any swimming suits have more or less this feature. If you are a person who thinks that is unfavorable, you may want to stop swimming in pool and do the other work outs. In other words, people might see you package occasionally since it has high leg cut and adhere to your body. However who cares, stares, and makes fun of it all the time when you are in swimming pool? The suites cover only essential part because it was made to swim fast, but absolutely not to reveal your manhood and pull attention from others. Don't you agree?

I recommend you to try it at least once if you are swimmers who seriously want to swim fast. The price being around $20, it is affordable as the second swim ware. I realized that the actual size of the waist of this suite might be a little bigger than the jeans or pants. Therefore, you will feel more comfortable if you buy a one size smaller. Like myself, I usually ware jeans or pants in the size of 29. Therefore I chose 28 and perfectly fit me. The fabric being elastic, it stretches a bit. However, if you worry about the size, just buy the exact size. I love this suit and ware it all at least once a week. As other people wrote previously, the color fades relatively fast in pool water. Therefore, I would suggest you buy two pairs and wear it in turns.
on January 9, 2007
I have been wearing the solar speedo for years. It fits perfectly with the center and rear seam. As a fitness trainer, I have my corporate logo put on them as well. Having a built body, with a suit designed for a man who should be wearing a speedo only helps to boost my business. I would recommend this Speedo to any man who wants comfort on the beach, or competitive swimming in a pool. The look is great, the look is confidence. START WEARING THEM!