5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Size
Published on August 24, 2011 by N.H. Old Guy

2.0 out of 5 stars Personal review
I ordered these shorts in size Med in the Classic Blue color. I received the item only 2 days after placing the order. The color of these shorts is very nice, we didn't get the black due to the heat of wearing black in the summer. However, the construction of these shorts leaves a lot to be desired. I expected much much more from a name brand company like Speedos...
Published on June 18, 2012 by Skye

5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Size, August 24, 2011
N.H. Old Guy (Concord, NH USA) - See all my reviews
This suit is sized correctly. I'm glad that I did not order a size larger as was suggested elsewhere for Speedo suits. It is not the "longs" that go to the knees or below that younger guys seem to think of as shorts. I'm 66 years old and remember when shorts were indeed shorts! Remember what basketball shorts used to look like! Now they're almost basketball pants - not much shorter than the warm-ups! So, if you are older and remember what shorts really are, you'll love this suit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great swimsuit, July 7, 2010
This review is from: Speedo Surf Runner Volley Short (Apparel)
I'm an older guy who never got used to baggy, knee length swimsuits that cling to your legs when wet. Compared to the swimsuits I had been wearing, it seemed pretty short at first (the inseam is only about 3") but it reminds me of the swimsuits I wore as a teen. I do like the shorter length and I especially like the feel of the fabric, its lack of cling and the quick drying of the water repellent fabric. So much so, I've ordered a second.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Speedo Roofer has pockets, June 3, 2009
This review is from: Speedo Surf Runner Volley Short (Apparel)
John, what you want is the Speedo Roofer, Style number 7320167. It has two normal front pants-type pockets and a right rear hidden zip pocket, perfect for a drivers license, credit card and perhaps a bit of cash wrapped around it.

Otherwise the style is nearly identical to this one. The store that sounds like a 1 cent coin used to stock it every year, but this year they're carrying something a little longer.

Update: Now the Rally V Volley is the Speedo Trunk with two front pockets and a zipped back pocket. The Roofer has been discontinued. I think the Volley is 1" longer than the Roofer (19" vs. 18", sigh.) Why do folks think that shorts should hang down to the knees?

Dec. 10, 2012 Update: The Rally or Rally Volley, both style number 7840110 is now the model with two front pockets and a zipped rear pocket. The inseam is still 19" instead of the Roofer's 18". The Surf Runner (7320256) has a 14" inseam. If only it had pockets. Sigh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all around swim short @ decent price, July 11, 2011
I buy two pairs of these each summer and swim in them practically every day all summer and then several days a week the balance of the year. They perform great (casual and workout) as they are cut short enough that they don't get in the way of a strenuous swim; yet are comfortable enough to wear around the pool and not feel like you are wearing a speedo (if you know what I mean) even though you are. They also keep their color and hold up very well. At the end of a year you will notice your suit is a few shades lighter from the chlorine in the pool and frequent was cycles. Great short -- decent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit and looks great!, February 15, 2013
It was hard to find a nice fitting swim suit, it seems all that is out there are baggy sloppy looking shorts that go past the knees. This one from Speedo has the traditional look and fit I wanted. I wear size 34 pants and the Medium was a perfect fit. Quality is top notch, I am ordering a second one. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorfast and durable, February 28, 2011
This review is from: Speedo Surf Runner Volley Short (Apparel)
This is a great suit for someone who doesn't want a speedo brief. No pockets to create drag if you swim distnace.
The polyester is colorfast and one of the only suits that I have gotten that doesn't rot in < 3 months of daily use, in either salt or clorine pools.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Speedo Surf Runner Volley Short (Apparel)
This is a nice quick drying suit for the guy who isn't trying to show off his package but likes to swim laps without feeling like he is dragging a diaper.

2.0 out of 5 stars Personal review, June 18, 2012

First, the shorts aren't as short as I expected them to be. Measured from the waist to the bottom of the leg is 14 3/4" on the outside of the leg and 16" on the inside.(I bought these because they are short for unrestricted swimming. However I did expect to have to hem them a little for my husband). He is 5'6" and they are mid-thigh on him. This part wasn't a big deal since I already expected to have to hem them.

The worst part about these shorts is that they are quite baggy in the butt area and the legs. (at least twice what is needed). When swimming, they were super annoying to my husband because they would balloon up and if he was standing still but other people are swimming around him, they would constantly feel like something was taking off with his shorts.

In addition, the external crotch area hangs extremely low, almost two widths of my husbands hands and it is sewn nowhere near the internal crotch lining. This was also something that annoyed my husband. The internal crotch area in the lining is perfect and I could see the external crotch area being slightly lower but not two hand widths.

I am only keeping them because I can fix them with the sewing machine however, if you are not interested in hemming them, you may search for another product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Men's speedo bathing suit, June 18, 2008
The swimsuit is a fine for a conservative man - which I am. My big complaint is that is doesn't have a pocket of any kind, either side or hip. There is a key holder inside the suit, but nothing on the outside.

It should have one side pocket, and a zipper close hip pocket large enough to hold a waterproof wallet device, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and feel., January 22, 2014
I'm so tired of the down to the knees look. They cause allot of drag when your swimming. These swim trunks are great. They give you more freedom and you can get some tan on your legs also.

Speedo Surf Runner Volley Short