Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on May 18, 2011
I have been using Speedo MP3 player for the past 4 years and it worked fine.
The Player is great, contains 2G of songs and although there is no shuffle feature, it is still a great accessory for swimming.

The problem starts with its earphones:

The previous generation was uncomfortable, but, had a good sound and the ears were sealed completely from the water.

After few years, when the first pair was worn out, I bought a pair of new earphones, which are a downgrade form earlier generations:

1) The outer frame was redesigned, into a round shape, which makes it harder to grab and aim into ones ear.
2) The earplugs do not seal the ear anymore, water are coming in, making the sound blurry.
3) and the worst of all, after 3 swims, the left earphone stopped working.
I actually replaced the first pair for a new one (with the help of Amazon's great customer service), but, the second pair suffered exactly from the same problems and was unusable after 2 swims.

I didn't buy any other earphone since...
44 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2013
I am now purchasing my third set of earphones for the aquabeat. I read with great interest the reviews that keep on mentioning that the headphones break after a period of time and it IS ALWAYS THE LEFT CHANNEL. Thought I was crazy ( and that may still be the case) but this is the third set of headphones were the left side has gone out
I notice the same complaint on three other reviews

wazzup?
on August 19, 2010
I loved the concept of swimming with music. Bought the Speedo player which only loads MP3's and not directly downloadable from itunes. The earphones are a joke. A bad joke. Takes forever to tweak them correctly and I have yet to complete a single lap without one or both of them falling out of ideal position, giving a tinny or waterlogged sound. I'm looking for a better headset to go with my adequate player.
on August 31, 2010
I have used the speedo waterproof stereo headphones a few times now (we're just finishing winter here) and I love them. It takes a little adjusting to begin with but once they're in place, the sound is really good. It's the concertina style earpiece that holds them in place. You kind of have to shove them in, but they stay in nicely and no water gets in. It does take ages to charge the player in the beginning, although it still worked when it wasn't fully charged (I got impatient and wanted to go for a swim). It sits nicely on the headband of the goggles and is easy to use. Once they're in place, I find the sound fantastic, particularly with my head below water. I recommend them!
on March 15, 2013
The sound quality is good but unfortunately I had to return this product since it was defective. The connection at the MP3 player was loose causing a short and the music to stop in the left ear. I was a little disappointed with Amazon's return policy since I couldn't replace the item and had to order a new one. It also cost me to ship the product back even though it was purchased through Prime.
on February 4, 2013
I bought these to go with my waterproof ipod shuffle after trying pyle brand headphones. These were a great improvement for me in fit. I no longer had to stop every other lap in the pool to put them back in my ear. These just stay put...usually. I started putting them on before getting in the pool so I could use the mirror to make sure the cords were even. I will say I love that the cord on these is short and has the coil section. The other pyle brand had all this excess cord that would get in my way and usually cause them to get pulled out. These are definitely designed for swimming and I don't have to secure them to my goggles. The sound is fine. I'm not expecting high quality sounds while swimming. I do think the sound is better than the pyle brand I had before. I can hear just fine over all my bubble blowing and splashing. If you're an audiophile I would suggest going home and listening to your turn table instead.
Overall, these are a great cheap headphone for swimming!
on February 2, 2013
I just ordered 2 set of these headphones. For that price is unbeatable. I have used before with my Speedo aquabeat mp3 player for 3 years. Still working, but I bought a waterproof IPod shuffle from audioflood and I wanted a new set with short cable. Because my experience with the old one and the good price, I decided to buy these headphones. I had a 40 minute swim with the new one. Great sound, no leak. First thing I did , I get rid of the plastic around the ear. Maybe it works for somebody, but for me it was uncomfortable and harder to put it on. Also you have to push the ear buds in your ear until it almost hurts. You'll get use to it. It will stay in your ear and you can enjoy your swim without any problems. Also no distractions from the cable because is short. No regrets. Under 15 dollars worth every penny.
on March 7, 2015
Sound quality is ok on these. The length is excellent but they can become a bit uncomfortable when wearing after a few laps. I've also experienced them slipping off my ears when i get into my timed laps.
on December 13, 2014
This sounds like a great idea for a product with the over the ear pieces and the coiled cord for expansion but, the cord that comes out of the earbud itself is placed in a bad spot and the earbud never really sits properly in your ear.
on January 23, 2015
I have tried and tested many earphones and I can say with certainty that THESE WORK.

They may hurt the ear a little bit due to the rigidness of the earbuds but they stay on and don't let water in during the entire session. But please be careful, if you push them too deep, they may get stuck inside the ear and you may have to use a small stick to pull it out. This the only reason I give it 4 stars.

I was able to listen to music for the ENTIRE WORKOUT and I'm a competitive swimmer so that means they endured fast swims and flip-turns.
I recommend