5.0 out of 5 stars Water Aerobics Shoes
Published on June 7, 2011 by Jerrica B.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous on wet poolside tiles
I'm in my 30s and I've got a healthy respect for the intersection of gravity and my own skull. I don't run around or do crazy stunts around things I know are likely to be wet and slick. As a result, I'd never slipped and fallen next to a pool before -- not until I got a pair of these shoes.

The first reviewer must have been wearing them on a textured surface or...
Published on August 31, 2010 by Dena

5.0 out of 5 stars Water Aerobics Shoes, June 7, 2011
Jerrica B. (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speedo Women's Beach Runner Water Shoe (Apparel)
I purchased these for water aerobics class. The negative reviews regarding the traction (and safety) made me hesitate a long while before purchasing them but they are EXACLY what I'm looking for in a water shoe for class -- a flat/mary jane style shoe that would give me some traction and protect my feet and toes from the rough pool floor. But I wanted something light and flexible so I didn't feel like I was wearing sneakers in the pool. They're a good brand and the price is excellent for water shoes. They feel great -- skin tight but comfortable. They stay on my feet underwater and out. The insoles are removable (and yet not a bother while I'm working out). They dry really fast too. There are great water shoes! I LOVE them!

I wear a standard 7.5 shoe but I ordered the 7.0 thanks to the helpful reviews and they fit perfect. I got them in Ocean Blue and the color was just like it was pictured.

Regarding their slipperiness: Any shoe used on a wet surface that is flat (and shiny), like tile, will be slippery, even sneakers and bare feet. My club's pool has cement-like floor but has some line tiles as well and the shoe still gives me traction on those. Even walking across the basketball court or the tiled floor in the locker room, they feel rubbery and I feel traction across the floors. Of course I walk carefully, you're supposed to when you're dripping water onto the floor you're walking on.

Here's some additional product information I found helpful on another site (swimoutlet), not listed here.

Speedo Amphibious Beach Runner
Simple and sweet, these sturdy mesh water shoes are so light and comfortable they will soon feel like an extension of your feet! Perfect for water aerobics and around-the-pool safety.

* Durable TPR outsole for maximum traction
* Quick-adjust Velcro D-ring closure
* non-marking outsole
* Mesh construction allows for instant drainage
* water shoes provide protection for feet and traction when walking. As with any footgear, please use caution when walking on a wet and slippery surface.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous on wet poolside tiles, August 31, 2010
This review is from: Speedo Women's Beach Runner Water Shoe (Apparel)

The first reviewer must have been wearing them on a textured surface or something. They were fine when the surface was bone dry or when I was on carpet. Once I got them wet, though, all the physical properties of the sole's grip changed.

In the two swim classes I wore these shoes to, I fell from standing upright to flat on the concrete four different times between the locker room and the pool edge and lost my footing in the pool itself too many times to count. My hipbone still hurts from the impact with the tiles.

I took these back to the store I got them from, warned them that they might be OK for beach wear but were a hazard in indoor pool settings, and picked out a type with a different sole texture. (From my comparison at the store, these and the Speedos with the zipper on top have a very similar sole plastic and texture, and the pull-on ones with the drawstrings have a different texture. Here's hoping the different-textured ones turn out less hazardous to wear around wet concrete and tile.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Water Shoe, July 21, 2010
This review is from: Speedo Women's Beach Runner Water Shoe (Apparel)
I have a 7.5 foot. I ordered a 7 and it fits great. The shoes are comfortable and look good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Water Shoes, February 18, 2010
Jane E. Bernard (CINCINNATI, OH, US) - See all my reviews
The fit is generous. Grip is wonderful and enables me to do all the things I need to in water exercise classes,

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, Attractive Water-shoe, November 4, 2010
I ordered these shoes to wear in a water aerobics class. It was hard to find anything in stores, esp in the fall season. I have gotten many compliments on them.
I ordered a size smaller than I usually wear and with the velcro strap they fit perfectly. The sole helps me get traction when we are walking laps and also prevents stubbing toes on the pool drain covers. I noticed that the shoes are slippery when walking on the dressing room tiles, but are perfect in the pool. I'm very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Little Shoe, June 29, 2010
This review is from: Speedo Women's Beach Runner Water Shoe (Apparel)
I was very hesitant to buy shoes online because they never seem to work out. I bought these in a size 6 (my usual size), in aqua and it fit perfectly. If you have wide feet, the material is stretchable enough to accommodate for that. Physically, it is a gorgeous shoe and very, very comfortable. We took it whitewater rafting and it stood the test of class 4/5 rapids. My girl friend got hers in black/pink but I think the aqua one was much prettier. Look at the bottom of the shoes to compare their designs-- the aqua one is definitely more detailed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 17, 2010
Mary (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speedo Women's Beach Runner Water Shoe (Apparel)
I love these shoes. They are comfortable, stylish, fit well. I used them a lot on a very rocky beach. I literally had to climb over rocks to get to the water. I thought traction was great, they definitely saved my feet. In addition, I used these shoes for hiking on a very rocky/sandy trail along the beach. After hurting my foot with some other shoes, I was unable to put on my gym shoes for hiking, so these were a better option than flip-flops and saved my feet once again for that hike.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for walking on the beach, February 20, 2011
I bought these shoes to take on vacation for a white water rafting trip. Not a good idea after all. They were perfectly fine for walking around on land and sand, but you would be better off going barefoot. They would fall off when ever I would lift my foot out of the water, and I almost lost one when I tried to swim back over to the boat. They did have two things going for them they were comfortable to walk around on land with, and they were cute. Other than that I would not reccomend them for use around water.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!, August 3, 2011
This review is from: Speedo Women's Beach Runner Water Shoe (Apparel)
I feel like I may be reviewing a different shoe...I bought this to wear at a water park where the ground was hot. Hot or not, the insole came out after 1 hour. I then walked 30 more minutes with out before throwing them in the garbage. What shoe can't even last 2 hours?

1.0 out of 5 stars Very DANGEROUS shoe, October 28, 2011
Diane O. Goellner "WildPony99" (Bloomingdale, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speedo Women's Beach Runner Water Shoe (Apparel)
I have been taking water aerobics class for 8 months now and didn't fall wearing my old 'rubber' soled water shoes. I wore these Speedo Beach Runner shoes ONCE and fell on the pool deck, hitting my head on a metal pillar. The soles of these shoes are very slippery when wet. The last step I took was like walking on ICE, no warning, just as if there was NOTHING under my feet to grip the wet tile surface. If you buy these shoes, only use them on sand or dry boardwalk. Avoid restrooms if floor is wet.

Speedo Women's Beach Runner Water Shoe