5.0 out of 5 stars 5th Suit

3.0 out of 5 stars Revised Review
Published on February 9, 2012 by AAOD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 5th Suit, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Speedo Women's Race Xtra Life Lycra Super S Back Swimsuit (Apparel)
This will be my 5th suit of this kind. I actually plan to purchase two or three, because I am afraid Speedo will discontinue it, much like running shoes. Once you find something you really love...they stop making it!!! I use the suit to swim laps, whenever I get a chance. (I am a stay at home mom, so some weeks it is once and others it is 4 or 5 times, it all depends.) I love how comfortable the suit is! I often swim outside, and I appreciate the minimal tan lines. I am between 5'4" and 5'3" and weigh about 110 to 115 lbs (You know how the weight goes). Anyways, the 32 is perfect for me (although it does ride up a bit on the hiney, when I am dry, but then most speedos do), because once it gets wet, like most suits it begins to loosen up(then I just pull it down over the hiney and it stays perfectly in place). I do think it is a size larger than the size chart, so I would take this into consideration, when purchasing. Besides, I am not trying to squeeze into any racing suit, so I want it to be comfortable, and that it is. Hope this is helpful!

3.0 out of 5 stars Revised Review, February 9, 2012
AAOD (Chapel Hill, NC US) - See all my reviews
Great suit. I had read all of the reviews about sizing issues. Depending on the brand I am generally a 4 or 6. I ordered a Size 38 suit which seems BIG but it fit perfectly. It fits well and with the design of the straps you can even get out of it without a bother which is nice for a change. There is no extra padding/lining/shelf on the top as others have remarked. Will have to see how it holds up with the chlorine.

11 Months Post-Purchase-
I swim 3-4 mornings a week for 1 hour and had two of these suits that I rotated. Both suits fell apart. The elastic straps on the first one completely snapped. This second one took only 11 months. It is now gray and way stretched out; in general, it did not hold up well. I would not purchase it again or recommend purchasing unless, one were not a swimmer, but needed a suit for short term physical therapy. It looks so homely, but I have to use it until the new one comes in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best swimsuits, October 6, 2012
Whenever I have to buy a new swimsuit I always go for speedo. In my experience they last the longest. The only hing is that in this case I had to buy it one size bigger. According to the size chart on the web I was a 34 but had to exchange it for 36. I recommend you have this in mind. Buy a bigger size than wha you'd be!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, May 21, 2013
My daughter used to like endurance. But it is too stiff and sometimes hurts her skin. This product does not last as long as endurance but is a lot of flexible and soft. She loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ordered the wrong size., April 2, 2013
After listening to all the reviews I ordered a suit a couple sizes bigger than what I would normally have gotten. I usually wear a size 4 or 6 and have a completely flat chest. I bought size 36 that corresponds to size 10. The suit physically fit but the proportions in the chest and shoulder straps were off. So I am now returning it for a size 34. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Because it is a race suit it's suppose to fit very snug so beware of ordering too big if you are used to that type of fit. I love the style and placement of the straps however. I've never seen a lap suit like this! So I am very excited to see how the smaller size fits. And as always Amazon made the return process a breeze.

1.0 out of 5 stars Suit was small, February 19, 2014
I got my size and it fit small but it was so tight that my top started spilling out. I had to return since I would not been able to do swim classes without feeling I was coming out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedo Women's Race Xtra Life Lycra, October 24, 2013
I bought this suit for my 11 yo daughter who swims year round on local swim team because the Speedo brand always seems to fit comfortably and well, look great, launder fine, and hold up for a long time. Since my daughter is swimming at least 3 days a week for hours at a time, her bathing suits are really important to her overall comfort and fun. This Speedo suit was all that we expected it to be. It looks very sleek in black. Arrived quickly by Amazon Prime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Suit, October 9, 2013
I've worn it all week to my masters workouts. Very smooth fabric and thin straps. It's a great cut and doesn't expose too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fit, August 24, 2013
Love the cut it is great for exercise. It is not your standard circle back and I love the back of it. I feel confident when swimming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection Thanks to a review I read here!, August 9, 2013
102riley posted her size and it is about the same size as my wife. Thanks to her my wife has the perfect suit. So thank you for your review of the suit, my wife loves it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›