Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Speedo Women's Race Quantum Splice Super Pro Swimsuit
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 3, 2009
As a former competitive swimmer, I'm accustomed to Speedo products. Regardless, I ordered a size larger than I normally do, due to the reviews listed here and had to return it. I wear a size 8-10 in regular clothing. A 40 swimsuit was ridiculous on me. I needed a 36 for a comfortable practice suit-NOT competition tightness.

Ladies, proper fitment of a Speedo swimsuit may not be what you are used to. The legs are cut extremely high-a couple inches away from your natural waist. It does not follow your hipline. Hike up that suit! I promise you wont fall out or have a super wedgie.

Once you get the legs in the proper place, the rest of the suit should feel snug. That's a good fit for a practice suit. A competitive suit will be 2 sizes smaller than snug. ;) As soon as the suit gets wet, it will stretch. It will also stretch with frequent wear. If you order a suit that feels comfortably loose while dry, it will become saggy and loose in the pool. This will cause drag and discomfort as you feel the suit swish around your body while swimming.

This is a great suit with an extremely flattering design. After gaining a few pounds since my competitive days, I will say that this suit makes me look fantastic. Any extra "pooches" around the waist are rendered invisible by the dark background, while attention is drawn to the lighter areas, visually slimming you down.
33 comments|320 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2012
I am 5.5', 125 lbs, 34B/28/38, wear a size 6 in clothing and usually wear a size 8 in swimsuits. After reading the reviews here that this suit has a tighter fit, decided to try size 10/36 and 12/38 at a local store and thought both were comfortable but the 12/38 was a bit loose around the stomach. So, decided to buy 10/36 and I'm happy with this size (I do laps for around 2 hrs at a local gym). It has a snug fit and I definitely look slim in it .... no sagging or bunching anywhere.

I think this a good suit for me, doesn't hold much water too. I feel I'm swimmimg much better in this suit compared to my older one. The older one sagged and I felt a drag when I swam in it. This suit doesn't have a padded bra ( I think someone had posted this question) but it has a double lining, so the coverage is adequate and it holds everything well. I also like that one can choose from different colors. I would buy again and try a different color next time.

UPDATE: After 3 months of usage, the suit has become quite loose, so I'm going to order another, one size down ie., 8/34. I have lost a little weight, so I don't know if the suit has become loose because of that or it's due to usage (I have used it almost daily at the pool). Also, the black color has faded and turned silver. I still love the suit, so I'm going to order another in a different color :)

UPDATE: Got size 8/34, weight now is 122 lbs. It was a little difficult to get it on at first but once I did, it fits perfectly and no discomfort while swimming.
0Comment|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2010
This swimsuit is excelent!!! I am 34-26-40 so my size is 38. May be this helpfull to others costumers!
11 comment|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2013
This is a fantastic suit, classic Speedo quality and flattering design.

If you've read all the reviews and are wondering what's going on with the sizes, here's what you need to know:

1. It is cut for serious swimmers, not to wear while sunning yourself on the beach. That means it grips tightly around the straps and leg holes. If you're muscular, you won't notice. If you're less muscular, you might bulge a bit. That doesn't mean the suit is too tight!

2. The sizing is accurate, that is a 36 is a size six (which is what the chart tells you it should be). I'm 141 pounds, 5' 5", 27" waist, and wear a size 6 jean. The suit fits me perfectly.

3. That said, I expect it depends quite a bit on how you're built.

If you're pear-shaped, with a narrow torso, you should be fine. My butt is 39" (39.5 on a bad day) but my rib cage is only 29" or 30", with a bust size of 35" fully expanded. My shoulders are big, but basically: the parts of me that are INSIDE the suit (stomach, torso, chest) are relatively petite. The parts that are OUTSIDE the suit (shoulders, butt) are where I carry a lot of my weight.

If you have a thick torso, big waist, or large bust (as one of the other reviewers noted), the suit probably WILL be tight for you. I could see where someone with a 34" or 36" rib cage (or a 38" or larger bust) could run into problems.

So if your butt or shoulders are largish--no worries, get the suit. If your waist, chest, or bust are on the large size--consider going up a size or two.

Hope this helps!
55 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2012
I understand what everyone is saying about needing to wear the suit tight and agree. I ordered a size up from the size I would normally wear I found it very tight but great for swimming laps.

One thing that did NOT work for me was the fact that the sides are quite generously cut. If you look carefully at a couple of the photos you can see that the back is cut quite deep. I'm pretty busty, and I found that coming up for a break after a couple laps I was trying to quickly tuck things back in! I'm a 36D so I'm not even abnormally large but this suit is best for ladies with small busts. Will have to buy another suit now. :(
33 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2009
I bought this for lap swimming ~once per week. Definitely agree with those saying it runs small. I'm a size 4 and thought I would take a 34 but I couldn't get the suit on. Exchanged for a 36 which was still tight but you don't notice once you're in the water. I followed the care instructions and the suit lasted me a good two years. Looks good too. Will buy again.
on April 23, 2013
I struggled immeasurably--after reading the wildly disparate fit comments on this item--with what size to order. So I'm making it my afternoon's mission to give you an incredibly helpful review. Returns undermine my instant-gratification fetish, so I spent an hour agonizing about sizing, with reviews saying this suit is "so small I gave it to my daughter" and "order two sizes up."

I decided, after reading all reviews, to put my faith most in the reviewer who was, like me, a competitive swimmer, and I'm very glad I did not size up as others advised. To help the process move faster for you, I'll tell you exactly my build and give my fit notes:

I'm 5'9", broad-shouldered with a typical swimmer's build (narrow hips...think adolescent boy, but with a bigger bustline.) I ordered what has always been my Speedo size, 36. The fit is tight, lean, and absolutely as expected/standard for a competitive Speedo.

Narrow-cut bustline: One reviewer mentioned fears of "falling out" of the suit in the chest area. Another reviewer responded that this is not a low-rider suit and hiking it up will solve that problem. Bits of truth in both comments. It is a high-rise suit for sure--goes a good inch or two above my hipbones (not all Speedos fit this way). But even hiked up, it's a narrower cut in the bust. It's hard to say whether sizing up would help, but if you are very wide or very busty, or have considerable extra cushioning under your arms or at the bustline, I'd say to pass on this suit.

Rise: I would not order this suit in a 36 if I were much taller than 5'9, and even 5'9" is pushing it; it feels like I've just reached its sweet spot with height and I suspect it wouldn't fit prettily if I were taller.

Overall fit: Uniform, and snug, but not racing-tight. You want it snug because it streamlines you. It does flatten my bust a lot (and again, that is by design). Update: I've been swimming in it for the last week or so and I LOVE IT! I have shaved two minutes off my mile, whoopee! No real unsightly bulges, but I think if I'd worn this when I was more out of shape last year, there would be some back-fat bulges at the racerback strap area.

It doesn't ride up or bind strangely. Its higher cut exposes more of your rear than the hipster swimsuits and I find that flattering. For more coverage, I'd choose another style. The same is true if you're incredibly busty, though going up a size might help that.

Racerback straps are wide and comfortable. I bought the gold and black, and absolutely love the angled-chevron gold stripes and the way they point downward and in; accentuates the swimmer build and visually slims the waist, which I haven't much of really.

My guess is that this suit would be great for lap swimmers of a moderately heavier build between 5'5"-5'7" or a slender build up to 5'9." If you are much curvier or plus sized, I do not think this style will be flattering; Speedo's more casual one-pieces are more slimming, in my experience. If you are looking for a recreational suit and haven't worn a "fast" (snug, streamlined) swimsuit, this will likely feel tight to you at almost any size. But it's worth it if you want a lasting, quality suit. Remember that it loosens in water!

I sincerely hope this helps anyone with the deliberation process. Cheers!
on February 6, 2013
I ordered one size bigger than usual based on other reviews. I suggest going up two sizes. The suit fits nicely once it is on but is pretty difficult to get on and even worse to get off.
I am 5 '3 and weigh 105 lbs. I ordered a size 32 and could have worn a 34 easily
on October 14, 2010
I am 5'7", 125lbs, in size 4. I order this piece at 10/36. Received and tried, and decide to exchange for 12/38.
I used to be a swimming champ
I strutted round the pool
Now that time's gone marching on
I'm rated as "old school"

But still I like to reminisce
To when I was the best
Winning loads of medals
With the "Speedo" on my chest

Now I have to teach my son
(A very daunting task)
I want to wear a racing suit
(Is that too much to ask?)

I won't be seen in public with
My midriff in full view
I'll never wear a granny suit
That has a brassiere too

No two piece suits or thongs for me
No skirts or macramé
I'll live and die a Speedo fan
No matter what folks say

This suit is perfect for the job
The straps are nice and wide
The legs aren't cut way up to there
It hides what needs to hide

The racer back sits really well
I love the purple trimming
I chose the black because it is
Aesthetically slimming

Now when I dive into the pool
The suit fits like a glove
No longer champ, I am but a
Facsimile thereof

Amanda Richards, May 29, 2008
3030 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse