5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for a brand name timepiece
Published 21 months ago by TankerHC

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed.
The watch looks awesome, sizing the bracelet was easy, and I got lots of compliments about it.

Published on June 11, 2012 by Gene Wie

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for a brand name timepiece, December 5, 2012
This review is from: Men's Rose Two Tone Speedway Diver Chronograph Tachymeter Black Dial (Watch)
I own a LOT of watches. Everything from a $40 Timex Ironman to a Breitling Aviator. Ask any good Jeweler and they will tell you, when you buy any watch you not paying for a time keeper, a cheap Timex will keep just as good time as a $7000 Breitling or Rolex, and if taken care of will last a long time. When you buy a high end watch (Or even a lower end watch for that matter) your paying for the Jewelry and appearance. The local Jeweler that I take my watches to for repair (He is a small shop but rated number two in the state), has this exact Invicta on a shelf. The asking price is $315, the retail is $450. Now I know you can get Invicta's even at Walmart for under $100. But this particular model (The 6932) does usually run around $250-$350. But what you get for this price is pretty good. Dont let the fact that it is made in Japan deter you, the Japanese have moved light years ahead in recent years when it comes to precision time pieces.

First, the flying wing is Invicta's, but it is clearly a knockoff of Breitlings design. It is slightly different, but it is a nice touch to a less expensive watch as it gives it a more high end look.

The bezel and crown are 18k Gold Plated. That is something you usually see on a more midrange watch. On lower end watches, a lot of times they will use Gold "Color". If you look at some watches, like the Marc collection sold at Saks, they go for around $250-$300 and that isnt Gold, thats Gold Color. This is Gold. Plated yes, but still Gold.

The rest of the watch is Stainless, unlike some of the cheap pot metal or tin that is used in watches in this price range.

The first thing I did when the watch came was take my watch tool and pull the back off to look at the movement. I believe its pretty intricate and is going to last a long time, and even if it stops or breaks would be worth fixing. I compared it to my Seiko SBDC001 (A $600 watch) and one of my Hamiltons, I am no Jeweler but they appear to be near identical movements and the two I compared it to are both $5-600 watches, I think for the movement, this is a great value.

Another thing I always consider is "When would I wear this watch?". I rarely wear my Breitling, its way too flashy to be walking around with on a daily basis, I wear my Ironmans, G-Shocks and Seiko on a daily basis. But the Timex Ironman and the Casio G-Shocks I wont wear if I have to go to a function, Ill usually wear either my Seiko or a Movado I own. I put this watch like my Seiko, I can wear it daily, in jeans, or I can wear it out to a function. Its one of those just right watches, not cheap looking, but not over the top either.

The bottom line as far as I am concerned, on this watch is "This is the best $600 watch your going to get for under $100". Period. If your looking for a watch for yourself, and dont want to spend a lot of money, this is a good choice. If your looking for a Husband/Son/BF or other male gift of a watch, Im pretty sure anyone would be happy with this on.

And no, I dont work for Invicta or Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., June 11, 2012
Gene Wie (Irvine, CA USA) - See all my reviews

The problems? The chronograph function was totally DOA. Pressing the buttons did nothing at all, the the hour hand advanced continuously on its own erratically, independent of input and with no consistency in time. Also, the hands don't "tick" on the minute markers at all, it seems that they are almost 2 or 3 degrees off from center. Is that really that difficult to get right?

This is my second Invicta watch, after the 8926. I wear my 8926 every day, and it works a lot better than this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars This watch is a winner!, June 21, 2012
I purchased this watch three years ago. It is a beautiful quality watch. I had the band adjusted and it doesn't feel heavy on my wrist at all. It keeps perfect time. I haven't had to replace the battery in it yet. I get compliments on it all of the time. The band and watch are truly made very well. It keeps perfect time. I would recommend this to anyone. I have a number of Invicta watches. After all this time, the band still looks brand new. All of the functions are still working and it is accurate to a fault. This is a real beauty and great piece of work!

5.0 out of 5 stars it is worth more than what you have paid for it, September 16, 2010
Am a watch collector and I bought this watch , at first I thought I'll got what i paid for but it was better than what i paid, it's really worth, it will exceed all expectations. it's just like Rolex design but invicta price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, March 24, 2013
Brian Smith (IOWA CITY, IOWA, US) - See all my reviews
No complaints whatsoever on this watch purchase. Works fine. Second hand doesnt hit on the numbers but keeps good time. Stylish watch with many compliments from other on the great look.

4.0 out of 5 stars love the rose color, May 14, 2011
I love this watch, it has a nice rose gold color to compliment my suede jacket and the face isnt big like all the other invicta watches. Also goes great with a black suit. Great watch great price thanks AMAZON.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not the color I expected, March 10, 2014
Nice watch. the dial face was a light Grey and not much contrast against the gold. The picture appears as if it is a dark charcoal color.

4.0 out of 5 stars it's pretty good, February 18, 2014
It's nice I just wish the crystal had more clarity and the colours were more vivid in little. Good enough for the price

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like the picture, January 27, 2014
This is a nice watch, but it doesn't look anything like rose gold. It is a very bright, shiney yellow gold color. I wouldn't buy it again based on how it looks. However, it is a very nice watch and seems to be well constructed. Just disappointed in the color.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful looking watch, not so beautiful at keeping time, January 22, 2014
This watch is gorgeous, fits comfortably, and I get compliments on it every day. The only problem I have had with it is that it will occasionally stop, seemingly for no reason, and then start again a few hours later. I am no watch expert, so I have no idea why it would act like this. Other than that though, it's a great piece

Rate and Discover Movies