Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Spelling Star
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on April 1, 2011
I like this game. I Have always been a good reader but a rotten speller. I bought this game hopeing it wouldimprove my spelling. I haven't used it long enough to know if it will or not, but I can tell you I'm haveing fun playing it. I would say this is good for all ages.
on May 19, 2011
This is more of a grammar and vocabulary game than a spelling game, but it's still enjoyable for those of us who love words. Unfortunately, whoever created it should have had an English teacher review some of the so called "incorrect" solutions. In sections where one must identify parts of speech, they include words that can be more than one part of speech and count the answer wrong if the player selects a different part of speech than they were considering. "Cries" can be either a noun or a verb, but I got marked wrong when I identified it as a noun. The format of the game where the player unscrambles words is not well designed. Each letter is boxed off with lines between, and those lines add clutter that makes it harder to visualize the correct word from the letters. It also lets you move too many levels at a time. I quickly ended up in the 90's, and it's not much fun now because the words are too difficult. I still do well with the parts of speech because I know which prefixes and suffixes tend to go with the various parts of speech.
on June 9, 2011
I don't consider this a spelling game at all; actually, it's more grammar-related than spelling. One of the categories has you choose the right spelling, but none makes you come out and spell any words. This is a fun game, but doesn't challenge my spelling skills at all. Very deceptive title.
When I ordered this book I wasn't sure what it was I would be getting. It was delivered on my Kindle from amazon.com. Such a great way to get almost any book you want at great prices. They also have a very good selection of books in Spanish that both my husband and I order. We both have Kindles and are delighted with them.

Spelling star was not at all what I expected as I in general am not a game player and less so if a time limit is involved. However, I noticed with my advancing age (77) that my memory isn't what it used to be. Well, you all know the old saying "use it or lose it?" That referes to me.

I started playing the games and challenges and voila! At first I was at a probable third grade level. Gee, maybe not so low afterall. I am a retired teacher of English as a second language. Nevertheless, I found that dedicationg an hour once in a while I have greatly improved and as a real bonus my memory has improved a great deal. It is always disconcerting to realize that our mind is slowing down. there is a solution; Spelling Star.

I am delighted with the book and highly recommend it to anyone who thinks they know it all and really don't. It is a huge challenge, very cute and on top of that a lot of fun. I am remembering a lot of things that had been pushed far back in mind. It is good to take on the plane or traveling in general

bookwormetc.
on March 20, 2013
My youngest son is dyslexic. This app was so helpful in integrating phonics into an educational system that values sight reading! Know what you're dealing with!! Highly recommend... made it fun for him!!
on April 8, 2011
love this game... easy instructions and age appropriate my daughter likes it too...give it a try if u like words n spelling...
on May 17, 2011
I enjoy this spelling game, because it keeps me on my toes. I enjoy spelling, and this is relaxing for me.
on January 10, 2012
The spelling star an - in principle wonderful - device, turned out to constantly disrupt the functioning of my kindle, which was also the reason that I deleted the item.
Amazon's advice was not very helpful.
on December 20, 2011
But, like I've said for a lot of these kindle "applications" they are not the most intuitive or easy to use. My kid got a little bored with it after a few uses. Happy it was free at the time!
on May 1, 2013
This game is great! It puts you at a level based on your age and it was easy to move up. I'm now on level 76 and have never heard most of the words before. It is really fun if you like words!