Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Spider-Man 3: Meet the Heroes and Villains (I Can Read Book 2)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

VINE VOICEon December 2, 2008
Movie tie-in books like this are like chewing gum. They lose their flavor quickly.

My sons, ages 6 and 4, are die-hard Spider-man fans. However, there aren't many superhero books my sons can read and enjoy that are age appropriate. Most comic books are written for teenage and adult audiences. And I don't let my sons watch the PG or PG-13 rated superhero movies (Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four).

I bought this book hoping it would feed their interest in an age-appropriate format. I now wish I had my money back.

Negatives:

The book is a narrative not a story. The author, Harry Lime, introduces us to Spider-Man, Sandman, Venom and the New Goblin but the characters do not interact.

Steven Gordon's illustrations are horrible. With so many comic book artists available I can't understand why the book looks like an insurance pamphlet.

------------------

Here's a list of Spider-Man books I recommend instead:

Spider-Man: The Amazing Story (Level 1 Beginning to Read)
Spider-Man's Worst Enemies (Level 2 Beginning to Read Alone)
The Story of Spider-Man (Level 4: Proficient Reader)
Spider-Man's Amazing Powers (Level 4: Proficient Reader)
on February 16, 2008
This is a great book for Spiderman fans. My four year old is obsessed with good guys and bad guys so this book was perfect. Nice explanation of heros and villians.
on March 30, 2009
EASY AND QUICK READ FOR YOU. NOT TOO IN DEPT FOR THE LITTLE ONES. FOR A 3 1/2 YR OLD WHO IS ALL ABOUT THE SUPER FRIENDS RIGHT NOW. NOTHING TO EVIL FOR THE IMAGINATION BUT KEEPS THEIR INTEREST.
on May 7, 2010
My kid loves to read and enjoys her new spider man books. They seem great for beginners. She just turned 5 and can read so this helps keep her reading.
on October 18, 2009
My four year old loves everything Spiderman so these little books are perfect to read to him.
on September 3, 2014
Great Seller! Shipped As Promised!!!! Would Definitely Recommend!!!