5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Soundtracks I own
This is a very solid soundtrack. There are very few songs that i have to skip. Only get this soundtrack if you love alternative music though:
1. Spiderman Theme- 4/5 Not my favorite, intro...but its cool.
2. Chad Kroeger & Josey Scott- Hero: 5/5 The reason I bought this soundtrack! I love this song, i'm sure you've heard it.
3. Sum 41- What We're All...
Published on July 4, 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, mediocre soundtrack
Published on May 20, 2002 by Kolors

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Soundtracks I own, July 4, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By (Audio CD)
1. Spiderman Theme- 4/5 Not my favorite, intro...but its cool.
3. Sum 41- What We're All About: 2/5 The beginning is awesome...before they start singing/trying to rap. I do not see how this song has anything to do with the movie.
4. Black Lab- Crawling: 5/5 This is just as good as Hero. This should be a hit on the radio. Very catchy song with good lyrics. Totally ties in with the movie.
5. Bleu- Someone else: 5/5 Song has a theme of belonging in it...totally reflects on Peter Parker.
6. Alien Ant Farm- Bug Bytes: 1/5 To me this is worst than the Sum 41 song. I don't like Alien Ant Farm so maybe you'll have a different opinion.
7. Default- Blind: 3/5 This is a tolerable song....sounds Deny, Wasting My Time...nothing new. Its about when a friend backstabs you like Peter's friend kinda does.
8. Corey Taylor- Bother: 5/5 This is the guy from Slipknot and even though I have never listened to Slipknot and do not think I would like them anyways...THIS IS AN AWESOME SONG. The guys has a good voice for someone who screams. Its a very dark, but beautiful song. It sounds different from the rest of the album.
9. Greenwheel- SHelter: 4/5 I like this song also. Its your normal alternative song that stands out from the rest. Sound like a song about evil (William Defoe).
10. The Strokes- When It Started: 5/5 I love this song because it sounds differet....I like the retro-ness of it. This is the only song I have liked so far from The Strokes,
11. The Hives- Hate To Say I Told You SO: 5/5 Yet another awesome retro song...they're retro like the Strokes but they are a lot harder...more alterantive. The guy's voice is stronger.
12. Theory of A Dead Man- Invisible Man: 4/5 Regular run of the mill--yet good alternative song. SOunds like another song about the darkside or wanting to belong.
13. Pete Yorn- Undercover: Ok this is one of my favorites on this whole soundtrack. Its soft, yet alternative. This is the first song I've heard from Pete Yorn and i love him. Explains the love story between MaryJane and Peter.
14. Macy Grey- Nut Meg Fantasy: 4/5 i had to grow into this one...its a catchy song when you get used to it. This was in the movie!
15. Injected- IV-V: 5/5 Hmm...I think that's how you spell it. I had to get used to this song also. I love the chorus and the lead guy's voice. Very catchy song when you actually listen to the whole thing.
16. Jerry Cantrell- She Was My Girl: 5/5 Very interesting song. Explains the love triangle in Spiderman very well.
17. Danny Elfman- Main Titles: 5/5 This is like the musical score. Its the when they show the cast's names in the beginning of the movie...very good song.
18. Danny Elfman- Farwell: 4/5 This song is kinda slow...it gets good at the end...repeats melody of previous track alittle.
Bottom line is...there are some extraordinary songs on here. So it is so worth getting this soundtrack if you love alternative music. The songs relate to the movie and are not useless soundtrack filler to back up the movie hit. SO GET IT TODAY!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, mediocre soundtrack, May 20, 2002
Kolors "Jimmy" (Pocatello, Idaho) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By (Audio CD)
Granted, there are some very good songs by some very good artists on the Spider-Man Soundtrack, but there is just so many plain and utterly boring tracks that follow and come before most of them. After the almost comical original Spider Man Theme, Chad Kroeger and Josie Scott pull off a very powerful song. I'm not a fan of either Nickleback or Saliva, but "Hero" is working nicely from both singers of those two bands. After that we have an annoying song from a band I could careless about, Sum 41. The chorus of their song rings "Rock! It's What we're all about! It's what we live for! Come on, shout it out!" This is more less a cross between wannaba punk and a rock-rap song. The fact that the guitar player for Slayer is featured hardly makes it rock. After that we have some tediously boring songs from bands like Black Lab, Bleu, AAF, and Default. These songs I've probably heard 3 times at most. After that we have the soundtrack's high-point. Corey Taylor (Singer of Slipknot, yes, Slipknot) lays down a mellow and emotional track called "Bother". For all you who say Corey can't sing, he just screams, well, you can sit down now. What a great song. After this we have decent songs by Greenwheel, The Strokes, Theory of a Dead Man, and Pete Yorn. These songs are pretty good if you're in the mood. The next good songs come from Jerry Cantrell, scores from Danny Elfman, and a cover of the orginal Spider-Man Theme by Aerosmith that surprisingly works. That's 10 songs from a 19 songs soundtrack. Not exactly worth my 16 dollars, but does have some good songs that are worth having.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Music to Accompany An Awesome Movie, April 30, 2002
This review is from: Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By (Audio CD)
The Spiderman soundtrack is stellar in the choice of artists who are talented and not to overcommercialized by "popular" music. Though one reason enough to buy thi cd is the first (Theme from Spiderman) song a classic old-school rendition of an old favorite. Sum-41 is a great band but they feel out of place on soundtrack. Track 4, Black Lab, is a mellow song with a very spiderman feel, the song called "Learn to Crawl". With other artists ranging from the Strokes, Alien Ant Farm, and Pete Yorn, the cd shows various ranges of emotion, that could have easily been another collection of popular artists singing songs released on other albums. The music from Danny Elfman is very deep and makes me wish i could see the movie tomorrow to see how Raimi and Elfman work. The kicker of this whole cd is the Areosmith rendition of the Theme from spiderman, without making it sound like they just added rock music. Of the 19!! tracks on the soundtrack, only one seems out of place on an incredibly well rounded and presented cd. And if you bought the holographic collector card edition you can pretend you're watching spiderman swing. Wohoo!!

3.0 out of 5 stars DOES WHATEVER A ROCK RECORD CAN, May 21, 2003
This review is from: Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By (Audio CD)
OK, so I forgot to send my order card back in time to a certain mail-order record club and I'm stuck with the "Spider-Man" Soundtrack. It's not so bad. As movie soundtracks go, it's a little tough for a collection of songs to resemble Spider-Man, but these teen-oriented, rock driven testements of the day are as fun and entertaining as your favorite second string Super Hero. Just try not to sing along to the vocal anthem joy of rock and roll in Sum 41's "What We're All About". The sensitive "Bother" by Corey Taylor reaches dramatic tuneful plateaus, and The Hive's "Hate To Say I Told You So" sounds like old recharged Kinks records with a 2003 mega production team. Infected"s "I-IV-V" is a diamond in the rough and tough modern rock sound asking the unlikely question, "What's your favorite color?", and standing out like a whiz kid in a classroom of degenerates, and Jerry Cantrell's "She Was My Girl". the album's best track, is as rock and roll monumental as say, Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear The Reaper". Almost everything else sounds like Stone Temple Pilots or Pearl Jam to me, but so does most of rock radio. The movie themes by Danny Elfman are like clouds in search of a celestial melody and it takes forever for them to roll by. The final song, Aerosmith's "Theme From Spider Man" is a bit uninspired in the midst of these teen beat rock records and it's like pulling up a chair for Grandpa who commands both respect and boredom.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where is the score? Why must we put up with "songtracks"?, May 4, 2002
This review is from: Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By (Audio CD)
For those of you seeing Spiderman, there's very little on this album that makes it worth listening to. It is yet another "songs inspired by the film" "songtrack" that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVIE.
The only redeeming aspect of this release are the two tracks by ledgend film composer Danny Elfman. Most of you will know him from his scores for Tim Burton such as "Batman", "Batman Returns", and "Edward Scissorhands" (those are just 3 examples - he's done over 60 films). As it goes, there's a touch of "Batman" in this score, but Elfman is obviously trying to move away from old style and motifs. "Main Titles" and "Farewell" are beautiful themes and will (hopefully) earn Elfman another Oscar nomination. This album is just a teaser for score fans like me, and there will most probably be a full score release, but until then we must put up with this. Don't listen to anything else on the CD except tracks 17 and 18.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yorn makes the album, February 1, 2004
delynnium (United States of America) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By (Audio CD)
After reading almost all the reviews (trust me, my eyes hurt seeing all those exclamation marks), I knew I had to speak my mind out.
I'll keep it short and simple, don't worry.
This soundtrack is only good because of the song Undercover by Pete Yorn. This song is fantastic. Yorn churns out lyrics like "We are one inside these walls, undercover" and you just know that he means it.
The others? Rather tepid - with an exception of Corey Taylor and Bleu.
Buy this album if only for Pete Yorn.

4.0 out of 5 stars I give it a four..., February 9, 2003
This review is from: Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By (Audio CD)
because I like the majority of the songs. I would have been happier with the true soundtrack but this actually has some good songs. If you can get past the horrific input from Macy Gray (whose voice should be labeled an environmental hazard) and Aerosmith, (whose remake of the theme from the cartoon is atrocious), it is actually quite good.
But if you are looking for a true soundtrack, this is not the CD for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars I've been spoiled by "Superman", November 8, 2002
This review is from: Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By (Audio CD)
I suppose it's not the fault of the "Spider-Man" guys that this soundtrack will inevitably be compared to the music used in movies like Richard Donner's "Superman," but knowing that, you'd think they would have put forth the effort to do a better job. I'll be honest. We comic book fans are spoiled. John Williams composed what, in my mind, is the greatest theatrical score in history for that 1978 film. We now crave a good, distinctive score for each superhero, and that's not what we're getting here.
This album has two tracks from Danny Elfman's score on it, and while it's not a BAD score, there's nothing special about it. 20 years from now, no one will hear a snippet of this music and think "Spider-Man!" the way they do Williams' Superman score or even Elfman's own "Batman" from 1989. It feels very generic.
The rest of the disc is just so-so. It opens with the theme from the Spider-Man cartoon from the 70s and closes with a cover of the same song done by Aerosmith in a version infinitely inferior to the one done by the Ramones a few years ago. In-between are a sampling of songs, some good, some bad. The only ones that really stand out are Chad Kroeger's "Hero" (which is a good song, although we've all heard it 17,000 times by now), and the surprisingly good "Somebody Else" by Bleu, which I think really sums up the Peter Parker character very well. Those two tracks I can listen to over and over again. The rest of the disc -- I can take it or leave it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, one of the best soundtracks ever, September 5, 2002
Cormack Glass (Merrick, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By (Audio CD)
WOW... thats all i can say. This soundtrack is one of the best rock/alternative soundtracks i had ever heard. At first i HATED this soundtrack because they're not many songs you'd hear on the radio on here, atleast not when it came out. I began only listening to "Hero" and the Sum41 song. But then my friend showed me "Bother" by corey taylor, who i had never heard of (hes the lead singer of slipnot) and I fell in love. This song is amazing. After that i gave every song on the cd a chance, and they're all really good. "When it started" is a great retro song by the strokes with a really upbeat feel to it. And of course everyone knows the hives "hate to say i told u so" which is an amazing song. All in all, BUY THIS!!! its soo great once u give it a chance. Whether you like spidey or not this ones amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard, pounding music makes for a fun ride..., May 6, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By (Audio CD)
Although many of the songs are heavier than what I would normally listen to, I do enjoy this cd. I have been a long-time fan of Spider-man (both the movie and the comic book character in general), but I will try to keep my bias to a minimum while writing. Anyway, like I said, many of these songs are very heavy, with loud guitars and rich, deep vocals. In fact, when you watch the movie, you don't really get the impression of the songs being so heavy. Still, whether you enjoy heavier, borderline metal music or not, this cd will definitely pump you up. The theme from the 1960s Spider-man cartoon starts off the cd, and it is a nice little treat. Aerosmith closes out the cd with their own version of the cartoon theme song. I must admit that I enjoyed the Ramones remake of that theme a little better (unfortunately it does not appear on this cd), but Aerosmith gives a valiant effort and still manages to do that classic song justice. The more symphonic music by Danny Elffman is brief, but enjoyable. His two songs are instrumental, and rather dark as well. They do maintain the pounding rhythm, however.
Basically, you can just imagine Spidey swinging from building to building with every track. Peter Parker's (Spider-man's alter ego) teen angst/frustration/confusion meshes appropriately with most of the songs heavier, at times more angry tones.
If you liked the movie, give the cd a try. It may take a little getting used to (it did for me), but you may open yourself up to some new music. And, if you don't like the cd after all, just go watch the movie to put yourself back into a good mood!

Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By
Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2002)
Rate and Discover Movies