* The hood is convertible. When not in use, it folds back to form a super-warm collar. (It would have been nice if there were snaps or velcro to hold hood the in place when it's functioning as a collar, but this is a small quibble.)
* A snap flap conceals the full-length front zipper. This helps to give the Spiewak Bennington more of a coat-like as a opposed to a parka-like appearance. To me, this makes it more businesslike and suitable for the office.
* There are elastic bungee cords that allow you to adjust the waist and create a less bulky appearance. * Clever stitching at the waist and back also works to reduce the bulk of the coat.
* The two side pockets zip, so I'm less likely to lose my keys.
* The cuffs have a stylish design and each has a snap that allows you to adjust the sleeve length, if necessary.
* The fill is 80 duck down/20 feathers. (Most coats I've seen in this price range are 60/40 or 50/50).
One thing I didn't like about this coat was the color. I ordered it originally from Amazon in Black, which was a lackluster shade. I then re-ordered from another seller in Northeastern Fog (A color that most of us would describe as dark charcoal -- it's a more fashionable better color -- it feels fresh and smart.)
I was looking for a long down coat, that is not too puffy and bulky, light weight, doesn't make noise, and warm enough for 30-40 F weather. Being fashionable enough to look good while being functional. I don't like bulky, puffy and ugly down coat. Everything about this coat is what I expected and wonderful.
I fit size M, but chose L as I usually do for a coat. I'm 5'5", and it covers my knee comfortably. Not too long nor not too short.
What I like about are: The weight is ultra light, and not bulky to carry around. The waist is adjustable so that I can make it princess shaped coat with light or tight close underneath. The sleeve is also adjustable. When it is very cold, I can make it longer so that it covers the back of my hand. Pockets are two inner ones and two outside. The collar/hood! when folding it , it makes nice big high collars that wraps around my neck that I can show off my bright colored scarf. The very dark brown is not bad at all. And the price! :)
Was this review helpful to you?
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again