5.0 out of 5 stars Good product
Purchased this product for my 2 year old at the recommendation of my daughter's occupational therapist. It is made very well and I like that it does not have any bells and whistles (ie flashing lights or sounds). Would definately recommend this product to another parent.
Published on October 3, 2007 by Computer illiterate in Chicago

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT MADE LIKE THEY USED TO
Published on August 31, 2012 by yeemee

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, October 3, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage fun, July 21, 2007
cam (Lexington, KY USA) - See all my reviews
This is the same kind of basic sit-n-spin we grew up with in the 70s. There are no bells or whistles as in the interactive ones. No TV character marketing. For our kids this is just fine and just as fun. The spin how and when they want. Our children were able to use this as young as 16 mo.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great!, August 9, 2007
desfrank (Bunnlevel, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I got this for my daughter's 2nd birthday. I chose it after reading the bad reviews on the Sit-n-Spin. This toy spins beautifully, even on carpet, no goofy characters on it like Dora or Diego. A+++ from this family!

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories, September 5, 2007
I'm just me (Raiford, Florida) - See all my reviews
I bought this after looking at the reviews for the Sit n Spin.(the real Sit n Spins don't get great reviews) I chose this particular model because it was like the Sit n Spins used to be when I was a kid-I loved them, surely my children would love it too. They do like it. In fact, sometimes they fight over who gets to ride it! (Guess I should have bought 2)

To me, it's not as fast as they used to be (or maybe it wasn't that good then but I was a kid and it was cool anyway), it's not very good on carpet but then I'm not riding it. (Please let me know when an adult size is available :) )

Overall, it is a toy that my kids really like and really I would purchase again.

UPDATE: All the fighting over it took it's toll. They broke the column that links the handle to the seat dispint the durablity (I have really rough children). So I called Kaplan, to see about a replacement part. They were so great that they sent me a BRAND NEW ONE!!! They didn't even charge me shipping. I would definatley recommend this item and Kaplan Learning Company.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than sit n spin, July 18, 2007
This toy is like the classic sit n spin. It is round, durable, battery-less, and spins well. I tried a new sit n spin first, returned it, and bought this. As my 2 1/2 year old daughter said, "This one works!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember Sit 'n Spin?, December 28, 2007
This review is from: Spin Around Sit and Spin (Baby Product)
When my children were small in the mid-late 70's I bought them the toy then known as a Sit N Spin, one of the very best toy investments I ever made. There is a similar product out now but has an oval seating area that does not work nearly so well as the original so my daughter and I have searched for something closer to the old product. This is it! I bought this for my 15 month old grandson, anticipating that he would take some time learning to "spin" it; he has grasped the concept very well already and is having great fun with it. His older sister, age 4, is having even more fun and the two can sit and spin together, if arranged just right. Excellent toy, much fun, and teaches coordination...and sharing!

4.0 out of 5 stars I had a genuine Sit-n-Spin. This is close, but not quite the same., December 25, 2008
This review is from: Spin Around Sit and Spin (Baby Product)
My 20 month old daughter received this as a Christmas present and, though she hasn't fully grasped how to use it, she understood the concept quickly enough to do little "half spins" within a few minutes of sitting on it.

What every parent wants to know: Assembly! The unit comes in four parts (base, center pole, and lower- and upper-half parts of the "dish" - the yellow thing in the product photo) plus a small bag containing seven screws (three large, four small). The center pole secures to the base with one of the large screws, and to the lower half of the "dish" with the other two large screws. The upper half of the "dish" is screwed to the lower half with the four small screws. All said and done, assembly takes less than five minutes with a Philips head screwdriver.

For those who never had one of their own as a kid, the premise is simple: This is basically a Lazy Susan with a handle on top. Your child sits on the base and pulls himself around via the "dish" (which is, by the way, nicely contoured for finger grips all the way around). Then your child gets really dizzy, stands up, staggers around a bit, maybe starts feeling queasy for a little while, and then when he starts feeling better be gets back on and does it all over again. Lots of fun.

This toy requires a solid (non-carpeted) floor so if your house is wall-to-wall carpet then your child will be unhappy.

Here's my complaint: I had one of these when I was a kid, and it was still in my mother's attic up until just a few years ago. The one I had as a kid had a larger base and was SUBSTANTIALLY beefier than this one, using super heavy-duty plastics and real METAL ball bearings and bearing rails. As an adult, I could have easily stood on the base and spun myself around without so much as a groan from it. The "dish" was virtually unbreakable, made of the same plastic as the rest of the unit.

In contrast this "Spin Around" toy is much cheaper in construction, with a smaller base and virtually all-plastic construction. I was able to "lock" the spin by pressing down on the base with moderate pressure. The "dish" flexes very easily and I could easily see the thing breaking apart if, say, it was dropped down a staircase by an overzealous child. It is a testimony, I believe, that my 30+ year old Sit-n-Spin was still functional. If my daughter uses her Spin Around half as much as I used my Sit-n-Spin, I can't see this toy lasting for more than a couple of years at most.

If the true measure of a toy is how much silly enjoyment the child gets from it, this "Spin Around" is tough to beat. I would only suggest that this one be used only when adults are around, and only when they can see the warning signs of a toy starting to reach its limits.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT MADE LIKE THEY USED TO, August 31, 2012
This review is from: Spin Around Sit and Spin (Baby Product)
This Sit-N-Spin is ok. $30 is pretty steep for something that isn't as well made as it was in the late 70's when I was a kid. I bet if I still had the one when I was a kid, it would still work better than this one. The plastic is thin and flimsy. It serves it's purpose though of "sitting" and "spinning". My child only weighs 32 pounds and sits on this properly when spinning, but the toy still tips and doesn't spin as easily and the one from the old days. You can find it a little cheaper at Target so if you wanted to try it and didn't like it, you could return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, June 18, 2007
NoeZoe (Spring Lake, NJ) - See all my reviews
My 18 month old daughter loves this toy. I was a little worried she wouldn't be strong enough to spin herself around, but she proved me very wrong. The only thing you have to be careful about is that your child doesn't turn it into a 'stand and spin', which for younger children is probably more of an issue. My cousins also have one and they love it, too. I have also read that the spinning motion is good for a child's vestibular system, and helps develop coordination, balance and learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we wanted, February 17, 2008
This review is from: Spin Around Sit and Spin (Baby Product)
This toy is exactly what we were looking for since the Sit N' Spin out now isn't the same. It's well-built and sturdy. Back to Basics Toys provided excellent service. Recently we received a discount for a future purchase since some customers had problems over the holiday (we didn't) and they sent to everyone. Great value, and not overpriced. Do not buy it from Toyzz. Their prices are predatory.

Spin Around Sit and Spin