Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

I've had this tool set for about 4 months and the following has occurred.

The chain tool broke in two different places. First the brace you pop the chain into snapped off. Then the pin that you screw into the chain link became bent and regularly becomes disconnected from the tool.

The shimano locking too buckled under regular pressure and the stabilizing pin went crooked effectively making the piece useless.

The tire removal tool snapped upon some heavy pressure.

Basically the metals used to make this kit are cheap and I wouldn't recommend this set at all.

Bottom Line: You get what you pay for and I think with bike tools at least, its worth sticking to the higher quality brands like Park.
on July 27, 2008
I've recently started mountain biking (freeride/dh) style.
Sure, I have a roll-away toll box, packed with tools, but I
didn't want to hazzle gathering tools from it, just a ride.

This tool kit has everything I need to perform a field repair AND I
can leave it in the vehicle after a ride.
on May 11, 2010
I bought this kit because I wanted to do a full tear-down/ overhaul of newish road bike. All the tools necessary to do so are are in there. I had no problem taking apart and rebuilding my bike. Where I started to have problems is when I began building up an older road bike. Some components on there were on pretty tight from disuse over 30 years or so, so I really had to torque on the tools. After awhile I noticed that the tools (most noticeably the integrated bottom bracket tool, the cassette lockring, and cone wrenches) were beginning to stick inside of the components I was removing after tightening or loosening them. This says to me that either the tools are not machined to a very good tolerance, or the metal was warping when I was applying heavy leverage on them. Neither situation is good. I had to physically pry the bottom bracket tool out. The cassette lockring no longer fits. I bet an actual bike shop would render these tools unusable in about a month.
Bottom line:
if you need to tweak some stuff from time to time, this kit will have everything you'll need to do so, but if you're going to do any actual heavy wrenching, you're better off shelling the money for park tools.
on January 16, 2010
If you're a entry level rider like me and most people... I would strongly recommend this product. I have had it for almost 3 years and no problems so far.