Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 5, 2009
My son loved this toy. We used it one grocery shopping trip and the pen slipped out of its holder without my knowing and was lost in transition from the cart to the car. Since the pen tip is specifically designed for this version of mat, the pens sold as replacements don't work as their tips are too thick and too much water is absorbed onto the mat which then doesn't dry in enough time to make this toy fun anymore. I contacted the company and they have great customer service. I would still buy other versions of Aquadoodle toys, but this one has a design flaw I hope they fix so the pen is somehow attached.
on June 28, 2009
Great for intertaining a toddler, the only problem that when you ran out of water for the pen, you better not let them see how you refill it or you end up with water all over and the other is that the pen it's not attach to the book so he keeps loosing it.
on March 25, 2010
We received this as a gift for my son. He enjoyed creating designs, waiting for them to dry and then creating new designs. If the company were to redesign this, I would suggest that the pen somehow be attached to the toy with a string of some sort (like the doodle pro). It has a carrying strap where you can insert the pen, but it needs to be more secure. Once when we were in the car on a trip my son accidentally dropped the pen, and it was also impossible to locate it without having to stop the car. I think we have since lost the pen, so we now have a mat with nothing to use to draw.
on March 26, 2008
My Two year old loves this....I start with a circle and he tells me what to add (eyes, nose, mouth, hair....). I draw different silly faces each time. My five year old pulls it out in the car and at church and just draws....by the time we are finished with one "page" the last one had dried. This is a GREAT toy and a GREAT gift for places where they need to be quiet. Keep one in the car and in the toy bag that goes to restaurants, church etc!
on October 30, 2009
im an adult who uses this product..
im a student of the japanese language and this product has saved me loads of money.. when you study japanese you have to learn 2000 kanji(chinese characters) to be literate.. you learn them by writing each of them them hundreds of times.. that adds up to a ton of paper and lots of pens that run out of ink.. plus it often helps to write big when you first learn a new character.. this product is a life saver.. its so convenient.. when i finish writing on one side the other is already dry and ready for more kanji practice.. because of this product my japanese writing is neater and more ledgable than my english.. sometimes just to cement kanji vocab word i draw out the meaning next to the kanji character.. its very helpful.. plus i get alot fewer of paper cuts.. i might be the only person who ever thought to use this product for this purpose.. i love how little waste there is with this product.. its just water.. and i dont have to worry about messy cleanup (i used to use markers and paper and the markers would seep through and i would have to scrub my desk after.. ugh..

i must admit i also use this product instead of scrap paper for quick math problems that im trying to work out..
on July 28, 2008
My daughter is almost 2 and she loves to scribble. We practice writing "A B C", and I draw pictures for her to point at and learn (bunny, dog, cat, etc)
Great for in the car and at restaurants. She can't draw on the walls or floor with the water pen, and the aqua book is better than having paper scraps everywhere.
on January 31, 2010
My daughter likes to draw and since we were going through a ream of paper every month and it was starting to litter up our vehicle, we got her this portable aqua doodle. She enjoys drawing on it and it saves on messes.

The only down side is that the you can't save some of the "masterpieces".
on February 8, 2008
Nice little toy to bring on road trips or long stroller rides. Very straightforward, what you see is what you get and my kids enjoy drawing with it.
on May 9, 2011
I loved the idea of this toy. I bought it for my daughter to take on the plane when we went on holiday. Unfortunately you needed to be Superman to even get the top off the pen to add the water and then if you press too hard (as many kids do when drawing) the nib gets stoved up into the inside of the pen and you can't get it back out. So after literally 10 minutes of use, we have a mat and a useless pen (and no spares are provided). I think the concept of this is great but its a shame the quality doesn't back it up. And its not exactly give away either - would stick with a colouring in book and box of crayons which would cost less anyway. Shame though as it could be great.