5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining
We bought this game for our son's 10th birthday--not knowing what to expect, but the entire family (including our eight year old daughter) really enjoyed it. The concept is incredibly simple. Pick a card, place it on your (supplied) head band so that everyone except you can see it and begin asking questions as to what you are. "Am I an animal?" "Am I a food?" etc. Once...
Published on September 5, 2010 by John R. Prince

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but hard to play
The premise of this game is to guess what picture is over your head. The picture is visible to everyone else but you. In a way, this game reminds me of something called "Indian Poker", where everyone but you sees your card.

Anyway, the idea behind this game is good, it's like a 20 questions, where you ask questions and people can say "yes/no". The...
Published on November 18, 2010 by Mitchell M. Tse

‹ Previous | 1 2 368 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars 20 questions revisited, November 30, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Let's start this review with 1st impressions. The box and graphics are pretty cheesy/low-end looking. Retail price of this game listed on amazon.com is $34.95. If this were in a retail store and you saw it at that price, you'd still be seeing it there for the next thirty years! This game lover would not have looked at this game if priced over $10.

Okay, now we're opening the box. Everything is just scattered throughout the box, no inner box organization of the cards, banz, etc. We're not improving much on my first impression...have just dropped the price point to $8 as the max I would pay for the game. There aren't even 70 cards in the deck which means there isn't much longevity to this game either (although as you read, our family of four adults wasn't able to guess any of our identities without getting clues so a deck could last us a lifetime if we only worked on questions!)

Now we have the pieces out. The banz are nicely made for what they are and they fit all of our heads from my small one to my husband's huge one (a first!) and they aren't uncomfortable at all. We're laughing at how ridiculous we look already. We each have a card in our banz and have started the game. After two rounds of frustration and no one guessing their card, we toss the useless timer which adds nothing to the game. Our primary entertainment is our ADD future daughter-in-law who can't remember her own questions for more than a couple of seconds. My son, who is thoroughly bored already has taken to acting out everyone's card but his own. We are all ROFLOL at this point.

We make my son leave as he simply cannot refrain from enthusiastically acting out his charade version of the game. We want to give this game a fair shot! We try very hard, but it just doesn't happen. We lose my husband in round four after no one has guessed their card yet. DIL and I hang in another couple of rounds before we give up and grab Farkle.

Summary, we have SO many fun and engaging board, card and video games that I honestly can't see this ever being used in our home. At the price listed on amazon it would never have entered our home. I am going to give this to a friend with three small children and will update review once they play with it. I have a feeling 1st-4th graders will enjoy it a lot.

Note: This is basically as fun as what we normally have done with putting something on a sticky note or index card taped to our back and guessing in the same fashion. Waaaaaay cheaper, more fun, and the cards are certainly more creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love this, December 7, 2010
This review is from: HedBanz Game (Toy)
My 9 year old son and all his friends love this. You can find plenty of helpful reviews on here, but I wanted to let you know that the $[...] they're charging for it here is outrageous. Walmart has it for less than $13 (that's the regular price, not a sale price) and Target had it for less than $17 (again, regularly priced). I hate seeing people get ripped off.

5.0 out of 5 stars We had a lot of fun playing this game, November 18, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first got the Hedbanz game to try out for our family, I was not sure what to expect. Our family has a hard time finding games that we all like to play, the most recent hilariously fun game we like being Lunch Munch.

Hedbanz is a simple game which can be played by the whole family ages 7 and up. It involves the players each putting on a plastic head band and then putting a card on the band so that everyone else can see it except them.

The play goes that you turn a sand timer over and you have until it runs out to ask as many questions as you want to about the item you are supposed to be such as "Am I an animal? Am I a food? Do I move?" etc.

Then if you can not guess what you are, play moves to the next player, and they repeat the procedure. Once someone guesses what they are, then they take a new card and continue to guess until the timer runs out and they put a chip in the bank. If they give up at any time and do not want to guess any more, they have to take a chip and a new card is dealt them next time.

The game comes with enough for up to 6 players.

My family really had a lot of fun with this game. I was a bit frustrated at times, because I was tired and impatient when we played it, but once I calmed down and was patient, I enjoyed it more. I say that because if you have someone like me in the family, you might run into some tension for a while.

This game is simple and silly and fun, gets everyone laughing and talking, which is what makes it a good game to play in a group.

This would even be fun to play with adults at a party to break the ice depending on the group, of course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here's the scoop..., November 18, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this game for something we could all play, and it was absolutely true. It's similar to idiot poker, where you put the card on your head and everyone can see but you. My 8 year old LOVED this game. It helped her learn to reframe things into categories. "Am I an animal? "Am I a person?" "Am I a food?" We all have enjoyed playing, although we don't stick to the rules. We just all answer the person asking the questions, instead of going around and asking each person. And we keep asking until we get it instead of watching the timer.

The timer tends to run out kind of fast. Supposedly you can get as many cards as you can in the time, but none of us have ever solved 2. Practice makes perfect? We're not here for the competition anyway, so we stopped using it. My first card, for example, I couldn't get for a long time and it took two rounds.

The headbands are reasonably comfortable and sturdy. They hold the card well. As a side note, we played in the evening near a window and you could see it in the reflection. So once everyone saw the card of the child facing the window, we had her take it off to not give it away.

For thinking skills, particularly for the children, this is a great game. And for family fun, where you sit together and all ages are enteratained, it's great. They are words everyone will likely know. Stapler, hairbrush, egg.

You'll know if you're child is ready to play...or maybe they need to play an alternative version if they're too young. Like you describe to them what is on their head until they can guess it.

So have fun with your family. It's a game you can play for short periods--get a round in 20 minutes if that's all the time you have. Which is great in our busy world!

4.0 out of 5 stars OVERPRICED!!!!!, December 7, 2010
This review is from: HedBanz Game (Toy)
The price listed here is outrageous..i almost bought it here but found that it is sold online at walmart and target for less than $15.00..

5.0 out of 5 stars A great game for all ages!, November 29, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is hard to find a game that my entire family can sit down with and enjoy. Either game is aimed at the younger members or our family, or it is better for the older members. Usually the grown ups have to give in to the kids. But now we have Hedbanz and we all have a great time playing it.

The rules are simple: ask questions of the other players until you guess "what you are". Older players will tend to ask better questions, but younger players will have much sillier questions and answers that can really throw the adults off track!

Of course, it is hard not to be silly when you have a card strapped to your forehead by a bright blue plastic band. We all had a blast! Sometimes it pays to be only 7 ask simple questions that lead you right to the answer. At other times, an adult can get themselves way off track. It was a ton of fun and this is our new game night favorite.

We do have one complaint though: it only comes with 75 cards. You'll probably only go through 20 or so cards in a 4 person game, but this still means that you will start seeing the same cards after your 3rd game. No such a big problem for kids, but if you have 2 adults playing the games could start to get repetitive after a while.

Overall, I highly recommend this game for a family or group with a broad age range. Everyone will have fun and can play at their own skill level.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun twist on an old favorite; more cards are needed, November 3, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Hedbanz is a modern twist to the popular, no-accessory travel game 20 Questions, but with a time limit instead of a question limit. It's also more difficult because players have to retain the information they've learned about their own mystery words while answering the other players' questions during their turns!

To win, a player must guess a minimum of three words, based on asking questions that can be replied to with "yes" or "no." If a person gives up on one of the cards, s/he must add on to his or her number of words guessed to win. The speed of the game and the fact that each player has to guess one word after the other makes it challenging to keep all of the clues straight!

Though there are 74 cards total, six of the cards are identical suggestion cards with lists of questions players can ask, so there are really only 68 word cards. The game calls for up to three cards per person per game, and potentially more than that if players keep giving up on their turns. Depending upon the number of players, it's possible to go through the deck of cards after only several games (we went through all of them within a few weeks). If they remember the cards, those who play the game a lot may eventually be at an advantage over other players.

The stiff plastic headbands are uncomfortable, so instead of using them on our heads, we keep them snapped into their circular shapes and use them as stands placed in front of us. The cards can be seen through if a room is too bright, so it helps to place a question suggestion card (there are enough for each player to have one) behind the card in play in the headband, with the questions facing the player, and the word card facing out. In this way, it's easy for each player to see a list of sample questions, while the other players see the card in play.

Here are a couple of rules we changed:

We ask the questions not to individual people going around the table, but to the group as a whole. That way, it's less likely to receive incorrect responses. Some of the questions may be a bit difficult for players to answer, and this helps lessen inaccurate replies and also results in quicker responses to questions. (For example, I was told that a mushroom is a vegetable!)

Also, I recommend giving a piece of paper to anyone who has a difficult time playing the game. It can be used to jot down notes and sketches and help with memory recall as play progresses.

Hedbanz is lots of fun, educational, and challenging, but a 68-word card deck is too small for this type of game. Don't be afraid to tweak the game a bit in order to play--it's worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the whole family., December 15, 2010
This review is from: HedBanz Game (Toy)
I work in a store that sells baby gear and toys. Once in a while when a bunch of new games come in we have Game Nights where we learn to play all of them so we can recommend them to our customers.

I picked Hedbanz. I thought it would be easy for me to explain to everyone, but I thought it would be kind of boring for a bunch of people in their early to mid 20s. Well, we ended up playing this game so long that we forgot about the others!

We had so much fun playing. It got to a point where we thought the time allotted to guess what you were was too short; so if we didn't guess the first time we could keep that card until your next turn.

This is a game that parents or older siblings wouldn't mind playing with younger kids. I think everyone would have fun playing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for the 8 year old crowd, November 9, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 7 year old niece, 9 year old nephew and I had great fun with this game. It's a sort of 20 questions guessing game, made incredibly hilarious by the fact that you have to take the card that contains your "answer" and wear it around your head. The nine year old pretty quickly learned what was on all the cards so was able to guess easily. The 7 year old had a little bit of trouble figuring out that the questions need to start out general and then you narrow it down. But we laughed a lot!!! I suggest the manufacturer add a lot more cards in future editions to avoid the problem of a kid's learning all the cards and then winning too easily. Also, the cards could be on heavier stock--they get bent corners very quickly. But overall a great game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very fun, February 6, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HedBanz Game (Toy)
I thought this game would be loads of fun, but it just isn't. Very rarely does a person ever guess the card on their head in the amount of time on the timer(without the timer, it takes too long and is extra boring). Also, some of the questions are confusing. For example, a picture of a turtle or snake... question, "can you eat it?" Some are answering no, and some are arguing, yes you can. another example, a picture of a hippo... question, "Is it brown?". The child answers no because the hippo in the picture is blue. I could go on and on with the confusing cards, questions, and answers. The game is just frustrating and not very fun. We still play it now and then though, but I cringe when this one comes off the shelf... I know there's going to be some arguing ~sigh~

‹ Previous | 1 2 368 | Next ›