It's quite simple, really. Jeffrey Kosh is one of the best. In Spirits and Thought Forms, he educates you, makes you think a little deeper about masks and what spirits await you behind them, then he sends chills up and down your spine in terror. Mixed together, it makes for all the necessary ingredients of a deliciously frightful read. Jeffrey Kosh also writes about making wishes...at your own peril. Well, here's one: I wish I may, I wish I might; Jeffrey Kosh, you SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME tonight! Put Spirits and Thought Forms on your list to buy, read, and enjoy, but don't forget to look under the bed before you go to sleep.
on June 25, 2012
Once again Jeffrey Kosh gives you a glimpse of how dark his mind can be and how the darkness of Prosperity Glades can find it's own way to imbed itself within the darkest parts of your imagination.

In this book you get some background into a dark and fearful world where you can never quite tell who will be taken captive by one of the many spirits that inhabit a small Florida county that has been inhabited by evil for as long as the land has been there. Every story within this book will make you want to learn more about what is happening in Prosperity. What will you believe when you finish reading? Well I'll tell you that you will learn how your own mind can feel the fear and you will be left with a feeling of uneasy.

This is not a book for the faint hearted but you don't have to be a hard core horror fan to enjoy it. I will let you know that there are parts of this book that involve children and tackle the taboo subject of child abuse but everything is very tastefully written and nothing in Jeffrey's writing is ever anymore uncomfortable to read than it is intended to be. Every detail is just enough to let you feel the emotion that is happening at that time in the story, weather it be pain, fear, hate, sadness or even pleasure that can take a life of it's own from a woman's lust.

A must read book for all horror fans, but I would like to advise that everyone read Feeding The Urge before reading this one to better understand the characters that take a life of their own in both of these books.
on September 17, 2012
This book delves into the realm of spirits and thoughts where when a thought is thought it births a creature and spirits are manifestations of those thoughts. Some creatures are benign but most are born of fear or hate or other strong emotion and are fed by those emotions. In the first tale, Niyohonteh, an evil spirit possesses an ancient tribe of Native Americans living in what is now Florida. The spirit in her way protects the Moon-Eyed people from outsiders until one mariner escapes their grasp. This tale is about greed and lust and revenge. I was totally unprepared for the way this story ended. A good chilling read. Story #2: Kamp Koko By Night:This story introduces the reader to a young Axel Hyde and who he feeds his Rider as a young boy. It is creepy and sad; a right of passage for innocence and a life-time of being at the mercy of a monster; this story made me cry and creeped me out at the same time. I enjoyed this story so much I read "Feeding the Urge" immediately after it so I could get to know Dr. Axel Hyde better.
Story #3: I Will Get Her: The story of a father who believes in monsters and tries to protect his precious daughter from them. In his own way Ethan Chandler does that but the way he does it dooms him and his family in a totally unexpected way. Again we catch a glimpse of the estimable Dr. Hyde and his insight into Ethan's plight.
story #4: Road Off: This rather fascinating story is a conjecture of what happens when objects like roads become forgotten paths to nowhere. How life itself is sucked out of it as it sucks the life out of any who travel it. Two people are caught up in this road to nowhere and they become nothing themselves. This story made me think about some of the empty roads I've traveled in my life. Loved it.
Story #5: She Was Waiting: I loved this story of how one woman's fantasy becomes her lover for just a few minutes. All her needs, wants, and desires are met met in one fantastic evening but not with the man she intended to spend the evening. Made me wish my needs, wants, and desires could make a man like Roxanne created out her deepest desires and needs. A good way to end this book. Spirits And Thought Forms: Tales From Prosperity Glades