Concerning the river of life, there are two ways to approach it, one is to sit on the bank, clinging to the side and watch the river as it passes by.
The other is to jump in, navigate your own way down the river and enjoy an invigorating journey!
Developing your higher consciousness and using your inner-knowing will point the way toward greater fulfillment in your life.
Spiritual Intelligence is the ability to use a multisensory approach to problem solving and learn to listen to your inner voice. The work of respected scientists, psychologists, spiritual pathfinders and ancient wisdom and mythic traditions under girds the theory of spiritual intelligence and pedagogy. Dorothy Sisk and E. Paul Torrance have gathered a foundation for a theory of spiritual intelligence that suggests in many ways that SQ encompasses all the intelligences.
By using your spiritual intelligence you can create the life you want and with others like minded individuals the world we want.
In Spiritual Intelligence: Developing Higher Consciousness, you will have an opportunity to examine what Sisk and Torrance call Spiritual Pathfinders, individuals who shaped their own lives and the lives of others to make a difference, and learn about the characteristics of spiritual intelligence. You will learn how to tap into your intuition and visualization, as powerful means of using your inner knowing.
Whatever we teach or do, ultimately we teach who we are.
Have you ever:
· thought about someone and that person called you
· felt an overwhelming sense of oneness with nature, a sense of flowing into life
· visualized how life could be with such detail and emotion, it appeared real
· saw something you dreamed about actually happen
· sat quietly and a solution to a problem popped into your head
· felt so deeply about a problem that you were almost incapacitated
· wanted to bring spirit back to education
· expanded your ego and gone beyond limitations of space and time
· used imaging and meditation to solve a problem
· wanted to resolve an ethical dilemma
· wanted to focus on what is ultimately important in life
· wanted to nurture a deeper sense of self in your children and in your self
· wondered about the meaning of life
· wanted to honor your students or childrens quest to find what gives a life meaning and integrity
· felt questions were as important as answers
· felt deeply connected with nature, others and the cosmos
· wanted to build stronger ties to your community
When we bring forth spiritual intelligence in learning, we will help students honor lifes most meaningful questions. Spiritual Intelligence: Developing Higher Consciousness will show you how teachers can best transform curriculum and classrooms so students can connect with their inner selves, other individuals and nature.
We dance round in a ring and suppose,
But the secret sits in the middle and knows.
By separating the intellect as we know it from our inner knowing, all our intelligences suffer. Ways of knowing that include imaging, meditation and intuition allow us to pay attention to our uniqueness and be fully present, trusting our responses, our ways of knowing that arise in the moment. It is a new way to be a problem