Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

The Spiritual Meaning of Your Life Challenges

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 25, 2007 11:09:00 PM PDT
Samantha says:
I am very interested in hearing people's thoughts about whether we plan our lives before we incarnate. I believe that we plan our lives in great detail for purposes of spiritual growth.

Robert Schwartz
author, Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?
www.CourageousSouls.com

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2007 2:20:28 PM PDT
Not sure what the truth is, but I notice how the answer gets used politically:

If we choose our experience, then it is not necessary to care for those who are suffering - they chose it. Conservatives like this answer.

If we are dropped without choice into our experience, then those who suffer must of course be cared for -
Liberals like this answer.

In my opinion, seeing how complex the rest of the universe is, neither one of these positions could be fully true.

My two-cents worth, and worth every penny!

Birrell WAlsh

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2007 2:40:08 PM PDT
Not sure what the truth is, but I notice how the answer gets used politically:

If we choose our experience, then it is not necessary to care for those who are suffering - they chose it. Conservatives like this answer.

If we are dropped without choice into our experience, then those who suffer must of course be cared for -
Liberals like this answer.

In my opinion, seeing how complex the rest of the universe is, neither one of these positions could be fully true.

My two-cents worth, and worth every penny!

Birrell WAlsh

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 9:08:54 PM PST
Pamela Wells says:
Hi Robert,
I think what is most relevant is the application of the idea of having a sacred contract gives the Seeker a map to follow. Of course the "map is not the territory" but they are very useful for deepening self-knowledge. As far as matters of God are concerned, I think we all have a personal relationship with God (or spirit or whatever you want to call the divine) and each of us will have our own unique perspective of the divine which is just another map. The actual experience of God can only be talked about so we are limited when it comes to trying to explain how we experience who God is. http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/x-locale/communities/discussion_boards/post2-glossy._V47082004_.gif

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2009 7:01:22 PM PDT
Pamela Wells says:
How about we co-create our reality with the Divine?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2007
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential by Caroline Myss (Hardcover - Jan. 2002)
4.1 out of 5 stars (264)