Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 16, 2012
There is always more to a situation (issue/challenge) than meets the "eye." First appearances of a matter are just a way of bringing your attention to what needs correcting in your life. Instead of staying at the "level" of the problem, rise above it and try to see what message is being communicated to you via the situation at hand. Deepak Chopra does it AGAIN with "Spiritual Solutions." When I thought that even HE would run out of steam, there came "Spiritual Solutions" with all the answers to questions ruminating in my mind. According to Deepak, there are three levels of awareness about a problem or situation: 1. Contracted Awareness, where you stay at the level of the problem 2. Extended Awareness, where you begin to sense/know that there is more to the problem than meets the eye. 3. Pure Awareness, where you are able to recognize the situation for what it is and respond from a higher level. "This is the level where no problems exist," Chopra writes. "Every challenge is a creative opportunity. You feel completely aligned with the forces of nature."
The book was thoughtfully presented, getting to the heart of the "spiritual solutions" in the beginning by offering right upfront the three levels and how we can identify where we are in terms of "awareness." I especially felt soothed to know that there is a reason for my "sometimes" impulsiveness and also my irritation when people HIDE their "agendas," with me immediately distrusting/disassociating from them. The third section, Q&A, is a great offering. Questions were thoughtfully chosen so as to provide comprehensive insights (answers) into questions challenging many on a daily basis. The fourth/final section was awesome: Creating Your Own Solutions. This gets to the heart of the matter of spirituality, i.e. all answers lie within ourselves and that our "true self" always is communicating with us. "Strongly Recommend" for those on spiritual path!
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2012
This is the first book by Deepak Chopra that I have read. I am not familiar with this author's work and I found some of his concepts difficult to understand. Part of it was the terminology. I did like his idea that a problem can be transformed into a creative opportunity. For me it is a new way of looking at problems that I have not thought of before.

Chopra talks a lot about consciousness and awareness and how to expand it. He also talks about the "true self" and I am not exactly sure what that is. According to this author "There is no greater power for success and personal growth than your own awareness".

For me, the most useful part of the book was the section called "Dear Deepak: One on One". In this section the author shares letters from people about some problem or dilemma in their lives and he answers their questions. Seeing how he applied his principles to real world, everyday problems was quite helpful. I may read some of his other books. -- Valerie Lull, Author, Ten Healthy Teas
on July 26, 2012
Dr. Chopra is quite simply very cool. The reason he has such appeal is beyond his style is a genius of a man who has spent his life studying what makes for a high quality of living, both physically and spiritually.

In Spiritual Solutions Dr. Chopra continues his pursuit of helping people recognize that health and healing need to happen in the invisible as well as the visible.

As Chopra has shared in discussing fascinating experiments with placebos (such as cancer patients receiving a placebo and being told it was a powerful drug that had balding as a side effect and then went bald, BELIEF is the drug.

However, much of traditional medicine treats the body while ignoring the spirit. Thus comes the infamous debate, are we physical beings having a spiritual experience, or are spiritual beings having a physical experience. If that latter as Chopra believes, then treating the spirit will bring healing to the physical and to our relationships and lives.

It was Dr. Chopra who changed my own thinking when I first heard him share that we have 60,000 thoughts a day; unfortunately for many people the next day they will have 95% of the same thoughts.

Want to change your life? Take charge of your thoughts and change your thinking. I work in corrections teaching life skill classes and cognitive behavioral therapy to the residents. Chopra models our own motto, the content is our thinking is the quality of our lives, as has been written;

Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.
Watch your actions, they become your habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny. (Anonymous)
on May 16, 2012
Deepak as a spiritual leader is one of my idol, I read most books Deepak Chopra has written over the years. I loved it, I learn so much from his book.
"spiritual solution" I must say that I was really disappointed and shocked by this book, mostly with the Q&A. I found his answers (advice) to be judgmental, rude, critical, and at times actually hurtful. Most of the time he takes a part of the question (only a part) and insult the person... very rude..
I would like to know, what those people felt about him after his answer, I don't remember reading any positive or constructive answer at all, it was all judgmental in a negative way...after several books he has written I did not expected this at all, I am not sorry to say I was quite disappointed
In the rest of book.. it was al monotony, he was saying same thing over and over with different words...it is sooo boring... I am hoping he did not actually wrote this book
on April 29, 2012
I have read pretty much everything Deepak Chopra has written over the years. I've even paid $175 for the privilege of sitting in the first row to hear him speak, and his books have, in the past, been an inspiration to me. I must say that I was disappointed with this book, and mostly with the Q&A. I found his answers to be judgmental, trite, and at times actually rude or hurtful. Lacking was insight into how one would actually go about expanding their own awareness given their very personal situation. Not what I had expected at all, and sorry to say I was quite disappointed not just in the book, but in Deepak's lack of compassion, patience or good advice.
77 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2012
The book presents all true aspects about life but unfortunately is written in too scientific language. There is a lack of how to adopt the spiritual issues into everyday life routine. Without reading additional books on that topic I could not have undrestood what the author meant. Nevertheless, It's wise to read the book while on your spiritual journey toward enlightenment . I appreciate that there are people in this world just like Deepak Chopra. God bless him.
on November 19, 2014
According to Chopra life's struggles often provide purpose and relevance to our lives. Through expanded awareness and being open to gently seek answers, the solution to our struggles will come; the right solution will avail itself as we open ourselves up to all the possibilities that exist. By releasing our tight grip that we so fervently hold our struggles with, and allowing space, actual solutions will begin to manifest, often showing up in ways we never would have imagined. Chopra does a wonderful job of clarifying that our desires manifest from knowing and connecting with our true self, being open and willing to receive solutions will bring about the peace and harmony we desire; ultimately recognizing that the unity of our consciousness is the driving force for each and every one of us.
on August 11, 2013
I chose this book because of life challenges I faced since childhood. The book offers plenty of examples to gain a full understanding. I am seeing through positive lenses which has enhanced my life. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a fulfilling life. Thanks
on January 13, 2016
I liked the opening teaching and his basic conceptual framework. However, I skimmed through the very lengthy Q & A section - I didn't find it helpful or worthwhile to go deeper into. The advice may have been helpful to the questioners, but it didn't feel relevant or useful to me.
on May 18, 2012
Not as good as other books by this author. Very generic overall and not going into deeper understanding into issues. Too many examples of life situations and not enough input how to deal with them. Overall, doesn't seem like any new input was added to it to make a difference from his other books.