5.0 out of 5 stars Love this lil thing
Published 16 months ago by Hopex2

3.0 out of 5 stars Volume not great w/ Podcasts
I don't have any problems with the speaker volume when listening to music from my iPhone5S, but Podcasts come out very quiet even with the volume turned up all the way. Its a fine speaker for the money, but I was getting better volume from a non-waterproof speaker projecting from my sink bowl...
Published 9 months ago by Cameron Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this lil thing, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Splash Tunes by FRESHeTECH (Yellow) - Shower Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I was using my iphone in my lifeproof case to listen to music in the shower, but needless to say the volume and acoustics were lacking. This lil thing is GREAT for playing music from my iphone while its charging in the other room, while still allowing me to skip songs and control the volume from inside the shower. I'm happy with sound quality, volume and battery life. The suction cups actually work well, too. I haven't had the nerve to answer any calls in the shower yet...so I can't speak on that function :) My only suggestion is that is should let me record my singing in the shower to my voice memos...maybe.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful., April 22, 2014
It won't charge. So I basically spent money on something that won't work. I tried multiple chargers and outlets and nothing would charge it

3.0 out of 5 stars Volume not great w/ Podcasts, March 17, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for the money, February 27, 2014
Adam Wartell (Pennsylvania - USA) - See all my reviews
I received this speaker yesterday. It is exactly as pictured. For the price, I was not expecting great quality sound. I just wanted something that would allow me to stream music wirelessly from my phone (Android) into my shower. It does that. It does that very well. What I did not expect was good bass. My expectations on that are correct. There is no bass to speak of. There is no adjustment to make it any better. (I didn't expect there would be). But again, for the money, twenty-five bucks, I didn't expect good bass.

The speaker came with a VERY small instruction book and a USB charging cable. As soon as I unpacked it, I plugged it in to make sure it was fully charged before I started to use it. I followed the instructions to charge it and in less than one minute after I plugged it in it was fully charge - so I guess it comes charged from the factory.

A WORD OF WARNING HERE: When I went to remove the charging cable from the speaker, I inadvertently grabbed the charging port cover along with the cable and pulled. Of course the charging cable came out, but I also ripped off the port cover! So be VERY careful when you remove the cable so you don't rip the cover off!! I can still fit the cover back on the port, but it is no longer tethered to the device. The tethering is an incredibly tiny thin piece of rubber. It's not really surprising it came off so easily.

Using the provided directions, I paired the device with my phone in under 30 seconds.

REMEMBER: As mentioned in the included instructions, to turn this unit on/off, you must HOLD the power button down for 6-8 seconds. It will make a series of low to high "blooping" sounds as it turns on, and those same "blooping" sounds as it turns off but in reverse - high to low. You should turn the speaker off anytime it is not in use. Otherwise, the battery will wear out because it is always broadcasting itself trying to find a Bluetooth device to pair to.

I first streamed some music after I paired it in my kitchen. It worked just as suspected. After pairing, I didn't even have to do anything else to my Android phone to start the music playing. I simply hit the Play/Pause button on the speaker, and the phone automatically fired up the Music app and started playing the playlist I had last been playing. I could then pause, skip back and skip forward to different songs on my playlist using the corresponding buttons on the speaker by giving them a quick press.

A WORD ABOUT VOLUME: In other reviews I've read, some people have complained about the volume being too soft with no way to adjust it. They are simply not setting it up correctly. FIRST: After you start to stream music to the speaker, use the volume control on your Phone (or whatever device you've paired with) all the way up (or almost all the way). SECOND: While there are no dedicated volume controls on the speaker, you can use the Skip Back & Skip Forward buttons to control the volume. Instead of pressing and releasing them quickly (as you do to skip songs), you need to HOLD the button down. It is not the best way to do this, but it does work. Just press and hold either the Back button (for volume down) or Next button (for volume up) until the speaker is at the volume you want. It gets VERY loud! Plenty loud to be heard over the running shower water. I did use it in the shower this morning, so I know it gets loud enough. I didn't have it anywhere near it's loudest and it was perfect.

I have not taken a call with this, or used any other music app (like Pandora) besides the standard music app yet. So I can't comment on those functions. Perhaps I will try Pandora tomorrow morning and update my review then.

Overall, I would recommend this to people as long as they are not expecting great sound. Again, for the money, it's a quick and cheap way to get music into your shower.

*** UPDATE 3/14/2014: I've been using this speaker daily since 2/27/2014. I make sure to turn it off as soon as I am done streaming music to save battery. I have not had to charge it again yet! Still having taken a phone call with it, but I did find out if you press the phone button (when there is not a call coming in), it will start a phone call with your last dialed number. (Or at least, this is the behavior on my Android phone).

*** UPDATE 3/27/2014: The unit has now fallen off the wall a couple times and suffered no visible or operational damage. I also have yet to have to charge it for the 2nd time. I'm amazed that I've given it almost daily use for a month now and not had to recharge it. Loving this little thing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it...., February 24, 2014
I just received this little thing and its pretty solid doesn't feel cheap so once I connected it to my blue tooth at first I was like please don't tell me that's all the sound that comes out of this but I was very wrong once I held down the skip song button I was shocked that this little thing could produce that much sound put it in the shower and I was still in all at the quality of sound definitely worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars just as the reviews tell you - it's worth it!, December 6, 2013
Andrei Rusan "ANdrei" (NY, USA / Romania, Europe) - See all my reviews
I was skeptical before buying it - but for the price and size, it's great!
Of course, no HiFi, but decent (very decent) sound! nice feeling rubber, buttons a bit flaky but not bothersome. Does not use a standard USB cable, so one more cable to carry around if you travel, but it's small. IT's really nice, I recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Volume way too low!, December 5, 2013
Bob Shuster (Wyndmoor, PA USA) - See all my reviews
In normal situations the volume on this is too low, but in a shower it's impossible to hear. There's no volume control and the buttons are next to impossible to see in the shower, especially if you need glasses. Be aware that this is exactly the same as the AquaAudio speaker - simply with a different brand name.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Little Amazon Purchase, August 11, 2014
This is honestly one of the better purchases I have made on Amazon. I have owned this for about a year now, and it is still holding up great. Audio quality is not fantastic, but perfectly loud enough to hear podcasts and lyrics over the shower spray. Battery life is also excellent. I take about 10 minute showers and don't think I have to recharge for at least a month or two at a time. I have other bluetooth speakers which have for some reason had to be repaired with my iPhone 5, but I have never had to do that with this one. I turn the speaker on, I hear a confirmation that it is turned on, another that the phone has been connected, and it's ready to go. The suction cup holds like a champ as long as it is wet when applying. I tried a couple times dry and it fell off within an hour.

The only minor complaints I might have is that there is no ability to cue through songs/podcasts, only to skip or repeat from the beginning. I also experience hangups once in a while skipping between podcasts, although I have never experienced those problems when listening to mp3s. Turning it off requires one to press the power button for a good 3-5 seconds which seems way too long. When the battery is low, there is no change in light pattern or color as would make sense. Instead it cuts off the music and gives three loud beeps... constantly. Not just once, but every 10 seconds or so. In other words, you're not listening to anything during that particular shower session.

Overall, these are minor problems compared to the positive improvements this little sucker (pun intended) has added to my showering experience, so I only docked it a star. I have never even tested the phone functionality so I will not speak to that. I definitely recommend the product and have even given them as gifts to friends.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh! Received a knockoff from seller LEAVO., December 2, 2013
I received a knockoff and I'm definitely not happy. Hoping another seller is going to send me the legit FRESHETECH item.
The volume seems to vary from song to song on when using Pandora. Some songs are fine but others are so quiet that I can't even hear them. Yes, this is a product flaw because when I turn off Bluetooth and just use my phones audio, it is perfect. Also, we tested out the call answer feature (I would never actually use this because I think it is weird) and when you answer your phone, it turns off your music app.
Hopefully, I will get the correct item and everything will be great.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this shower radio, August 27, 2014
I love this shower radio! It's super easy to use, it finds my iPhone right away and the sound is really clear. Two things that could make it perfect...volume control on the unit and it should be more resistant to falls. It has a suction cup for hanging it on the tile walls but eventually it's going to fall and when mine did it stopped working. When I opened it up one of the wires to the speaker had separated so I had to solder it back on.

It has great battery life to. I usually charge it every two or three weeks and I use it every morning.