Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Dead Island - Playstation 3 forum

Splitscreen co op?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 16, 2011 5:00:28 PM PDT
for ps3?

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 10:48:04 AM PDT
thecooLapse says:
God I hope so.

Posted on May 2, 2011 4:55:05 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2011 11:34:53 AM PDT
M. Gillette says:
Jay, how long have you been playing video games? the "graphical aspect" should not matter that much the reason you buy games is to have fun. If you want to see good graphics go watch avatar again.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011 8:02:21 PM PDT
C. Oliver says:
That's not true at all. How does split screen diminish the graphics of a game exactly? It's simply putting two characters on one screen and splitting up the screen into two frames. And if you dislike split-screen so much then simply play online or single player. Those of us that like to sit down next to a buddy and play should be given that option.

Posted on May 10, 2011 10:24:59 AM PDT
Z. Boyer says:
it does diminish the graphics....why do you think uncharted doesn't have a splitscreen...because it can't...ps3 wouldn't handle it, i believe naughty dog themselves said that. That said, graphics to me aren't everything...it doesn't really matter to me though, i'll take it either way, better graphics with no split or ok graphics with split. Anyway though...this game looks pretty cool...maybe like dead rising but actually good. Capcom needs to step it up IMO...RE5..ok....lost planet 2...fun but lacking checkpoints and that stupid slot machine is waaaay lame....Dead rising....Boooooring

Posted on May 11, 2011 7:53:27 AM PDT
Danny says:
when you guys playing split screen with your friends next to you. do u really focus on the graphics?? or your yelling at ur friend to stop trying to kill you or telling them what to do :)

Posted on May 17, 2011 10:29:51 AM PDT
I hope it has split-screen. I often buy games just because they do. I really enjoy being able to play a game with a friend and it sucks when I have to tell them to go home first so that we can.

Posted on May 17, 2011 10:44:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2011 10:44:43 AM PDT
I looked into this and according to Destructoid there will not be split-screen availability.

Posted on May 29, 2011 6:10:51 PM PDT
no split screen will probably keep me from buying this until its like $29.99

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 7:53:37 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
I enjoy great graphics, however Split-Screen is a huge selling point to me. Many people do not care for split-screen, but there are some of us who have interaction with a physical person, not just chatting on the net 24/7.

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 12:50:17 PM PDT
A. Marks says:
Im really hoping this is split screen. This would be an awesome game for me and my sister to play. We had a great time playing Borderlands split screen so if this was splitscreen this would be an awesome game to get for Christmas. I can already hear it if there is split screen... "HOLY CRAP HELP ME ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE!!!!" *Out of no where person smashes truck into group of zombies"

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 8:01:37 AM PDT
Ashern says:
Sadly, it seems like it isn't split-screen co-op D: http://www.co-optimus.com/game/1969/playstation-3/dead-island.html

Ugh =/

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 12:28:01 PM PDT
Orcus says:
I always check on a website called Co-optimus when i want to buy a PS3 game, it always says what kind of Co-op it has, whether it's online or local...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2011 9:03:50 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 9, 2011 9:04:38 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Apr 16, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 9, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Island - Playstation 3
Dead Island - Playstation 3 by Deep Silver (PlayStation 3)
3.9 out of 5 stars (351)