| Splosion Man is a high-energy action platformer for download and play on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Featuring over-the-top action, a comical story and characters, unique platforming locomotion and various multiplayer options, it is a must-have for both serious platformer fans and casual gamers on the Xbox 360. Originally available only as a download through Xbox LIVE Arcade using Microsoft Points, Splosion Man can now be yours via online game code, which can instantly be redeemed by anyone. Players will still need both an Xbox 360 console connected to broadband Internet and an Xbox LIVE Silver or Gold account for game download and play. Story |
Splosion Man is the humorous story of the biggest mistake in the history of the R & D division of the Big Science Company. In an experiment gone wrong, Splosion Man, a playful human-like creature with an explosive demeanor yet who was originally designed as a weapon has escaped, and the company has been trying to stop him ever since. But considering his particular talents, this is easier said than done. Made entirely of Splosive material, Splosion Man leaves a wake of destruction behind him, turning the malicious scientists into meat and their robot flunkies into scrap heaps with his splodalicious abilities.
| Throw yourself into truly explosive platforming with Splosion Man. |
Splosion Man is an action platformer in which you take on the role of Splosion Man in his quest to elude the scientists and robots of The Big Science Company. The goal is to clear as many levels as possible, as fast as possible, while scoring as many points as possible. With this in mind players spend the majority of their time running, jumping, and utilizing Splosion Man's signature means of locomotion, the "splode", a series of up to three jumps, each punctuated with an explosion that takes out enemies in range. This tactic is important not only for the hilarious affect it has on scientistsliterally turning them into cold cutsand as a means of enacting dramatic platforming moves, but also as a way to increase players' scores, which in part is based on the number of enemies bested. The power to pull off this ability is not limitless though, and must be recharged after used three times in series. Points can also be scored in other ways, including finding cakes, which are Splosion Man's favorite food, hidden throughout the gameplay area. As a natural result of the importance of speed, as the game progresses through its 50 levels, action in the game grows more challenging. Players having difficulty completing levels can opt instead to follow the comical "Way of the Coward", which after a certain amount of deaths in a single spot allows the player to skip the current level and proceed to the next. The embarrassing tradeoff for this free pass is that players start off the next level dressed in a tutu, and of course a less than spectacular score. Additional features rounding out the gameplay of Splosion Man include puzzle-solving, 2-4 player coop in both in local play and via Xbox LIVE, unlockable bonuses for use throughout Xbox LIVE, custom interactive soundtracks, leaderboard support and voice messaging. Key Game Features
- Single Player Adventure - Play through 50 single player levels split into three environmentally different chapters as Splosion Man escapes the underground Big Science Labs where he was created.
- Multiplayer Action - Jump into 50 multiplayer levels supporting up to four player co-op split into three different chapters.
- Way of the Coward - Stuck at a certain point you just can't get past? Splosion Man lets you skip the level and come back to it later. Of course you will suffer some minor humiliation and have to wear a tutu afterward... but at least you can keep on playing.
- Bonuses - Get free unlockable premium dashboard theme, gamerpics, and avatar accessories.
- Visual Style - The personality and humor shine through in film-like cinematics and hundreds of in-game animations. Vivid and colorful graphics advance character animation and emotion.
- Hours of Fun - Splosion Man is a retail game's amount of content that can be downloaded from the comfort of your own living room.
- Musical Talent - The original music score is from award-winning composers Joshua R. Mosley (single player levels) and John DeBorde (multiplayer levels).