- Online Game Code: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
- Note: Gifting is not available for this item.
- ASIN: B002HWSDVW
- Release Date: July 22, 2009
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #81,024 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
This item is currently unavailable.
Splosion Man [Online Game Code]
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
- The original music score is from award-winning composers Joshua R. Mosley (single-player levels) and John DeBorde (multiplayer levels).
- Play through 50 single-player levels split into three environmentally different chapters as Splosion Man escapes the underground Big Science Labs where he was created.
- Jump into 50 multiplayer levels supporting up to four player co-op split into three different chapters.
- Stuck at a certain point? Splosion Man lets you skip the level with "Way of the Coward" and come back to it later. You will suffer some minor humiliation and have to wear a tutu afterward, but at least you can keep on playing.
- The personality and humor shine through in film-like cinematics and hundreds of in-game animations. Vivid and colorful graphics advance character animation and emotion.
Top Customer Reviews
Not only does this appeal to the old school gamer sensibilites, it also harkens back to a more fun oriented design of games, when the were simple by necesity, but also fun by a careful balance of said design. You control the 'Splosion man in this game via the Dpad or thumbstick, while all the face buttons make you explode. This simple to get control scheme actually opens up the game, making it more about you being good at it than learning 20 odd moves to finish a game. It's all about you and the levels, many of which will make you remember those days of throwing fits and controllers out of frustration.
While I do admit the game gets very hard at points, it's possible to skip levels and even play levels with friends. It's the kind of game that makes you feel very satisfied at the moment you get past that tricky obstacle or clear that maddening jump that had you screaming. If you can take that with a little sadistic smile, than I recommend you download this game today.
The game can be really hard, and frustrating, especially when playing multiplayer for the first few times but the learning curve isn't a very big one. Using 'Splosion Man's unique 'Splosion ability you can jump off walls, 'Splode bad guys into steak, and race around to the end of the levels. Some of the levels can get quite frustrating but the game contains enough easier levels to balance out the frustrating ones.
The game also has some nice replay value due to hidden Cake to collect and the time trial aspect. If you have a group of friends (it's a four-player co-op!) the fun really begins as the multiplayer levels are 100% different from the single player ones. You need to work together to get past the multiplayer levels which adds the fun.
Once you get past the initial learning curve, which isn't very big, I'd give this game a 10/10.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The Good: Great controls, super funny, lots of levels, looks great
The Bad: Can be hard to master for some, tough boss fights, it ends
Remember games like... Read more
This game is about a lab experiment that escapes and tries to well escape the lab by doing what it does best...explodes. Its Explosion Man. Read morePublished on November 4, 2010 by Thomas A. Zulli