Spoiler Discussion from The Black Box (don't click on this post if you haven't finished the book)s

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2012 8:34:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:35:35 AM PST
So i finished reading TBB last night and as usual i loved it. However there were some events i would have loved to see and maybe we'll get some insight in the next Bosch installment.

Like for example, the reaction of the public at solving a white person murder on the 20th anniversary of the riots or the trial of the killer. (i loved that the villain was left in a state that in my opinion is worse than death)

Another thing that intrigued me and i see possible significants developments in the future was the IA agent Mendenhall. It looks to me that Connelly is setting her up to be Bosch's new love interest. The fact that Hannah's son was the one that complained about the visit and that paragraph near the end where Harry thinks this will put a strain in his relationship with Hannah, coupled with the fact that Mendenhall went out of her way pursuing Harry and ultimately saving his life, makes me think that these too will end up together pretty soon.
What do you think?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:25:24 AM PST
mike69101 says:
I see no reason at all for incorporating Bosch's daughter into these books. The whole purpose is to get the lenght of the book to 400 pages. I would much rather see these pages used to develop other charaters. In this book agent Mendenhall would have been a prime example.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 9:30:18 AM PST
Well, Connelly is grooming Bosch daughter to take over him when Harry retires. Michael has stated that Bosch ages in real time. He's 62 at the moment, so he probably has 3-4 books left. at that point he says that he doesn't know what he's going to do: either write Bosch stories set in the 70's when he was a young cop or continue with Maddie. That is why we're seeing more of Maddie in recent books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 9:21:13 PM PST
gambuci says:
It's his book,I have no problem with this and the daughter involment, isn't this true life ,your children are part of your life if lucky to have them.I just thought it moved along slow.I would have liked to see more involvement with the four soldiers and more on each of them.

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 8:25:05 AM PST
Was it just me, or did the part about the gun being thrown into 2 Small's old lady's yard make no sense? Why would the killer (Drummond) do such a thing? I can't think of a plausible reason, and so while it makes the story about the Crips possible involvement in the murder interesting, in retrospect the gun would have been kept or otherwise thrown away (e.g., into the ocean) far from the scene of the crime.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Black Box (A Harry Bosch Novel Book 19)
The Black Box (A Harry Bosch Novel Book 19) by Michael Connelly
4.3 out of 5 stars   (2,912)