Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > God of War III - Playstation 3 forum

***Spoiler*** Possible HUGE story hole

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2010 5:18:34 AM PDT
W. Terry says:
Does anyone know why Cronos the Titan is even in the Pit of Tartyrus in GOW3? At the end of GOW2 Kratos transported all of the titans to the future because they were going to lose that war against the Olympians. Why then I ask, is not Cronos on the side of the mountain climbing along with the other Titans? Was he banished before the great war? I love the game, Just trying to make sense of it.

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 7:02:48 AM PDT
A. F. Lazaro says:
Well, Kronos tells Kratos that he was banished by Zeus after Kratos invaded the temple in his back and opened the Pandora's box. It was after the titanomachy. Yes, I think it's a huge story hole.

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 8:23:13 AM PDT
M. burns says:
Not to mention that Cronos threw-up the omphalos stone when Zeus freed his bothers and sisters from Cronos.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 9:45:54 AM PDT
W. Terry says:
Well I can see them changing the original myths around a bit to create a story, but when their own created story starts to contradict......

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 12:18:36 PM PDT
well truthfully i just thought of one other flaw in the story, dont get me wrong im not trying to be a jerk i love this series and hope to god it somehow continues im not gonna exactly spoil the ending but its not completely out of the question is all ill say.

anyways the flaw i caught

persephone the wife of hades (spelling im sure is wrong) hades is pissed and lists off the reasons he wants kratos dead and among them is the death of his wife persephone, now however if kratos went back in time and saved the titans did atlas ever get free'd and chained to the bottom of the earth? if hes not there who does persephone use to try and end the world and why would we still fight her if atlas is not trying to destroy the pillar that holds the world?

now i know its not as huge as the kronos flaw i just happened to think about that a little while ago.

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 10:29:24 PM PDT
M. Malone says:
The problem with this is that there is a huge flaw with itself. You overlook it because it's not that important but here is why.

At the end of God of War II (since I played it twice through to get 100% on the PS3 version recently), the end cutscene clearly depicts the Titans scaling Mt. Olympus. One of those is Cronos the Titan. However, Kratos went back into time to talk to Gaia, had her pull all the Titans with him back through time to the present time. I'm thinking that the possibility of parallel Titans existing. An Atlas holding up the Earth, an Atlas trying to kill the Gods. See my idea?

Posted on Mar 26, 2010 5:12:25 AM PDT
W. Terry says:
"At the end of God of War II (since I played it twice through to get 100% on the PS3 version recently), the end cutscene clearly depicts the Titans scaling Mt. Olympus. One of those is Cronos the Titan. However, Kratos went back into time to talk to Gaia, had her pull all the Titans with him back through time to the present time. I'm thinking that the possibility of parallel Titans existing. An Atlas holding up the Earth, an Atlas trying to kill the Gods. See my idea?"

wow, you are wrong, the reason why they are scaling the mountain is because Kratos went back to the time of the great war and brought the Titans to the future.

Also the parrallel titans existing has no merit, that was not explained in the story, THUS IT IS A STORY HOLE. and your idea is purely speculation. I could just come up with aliens made identical clones of each titan and within the framework of my own imagination it might make sense, but it's not explained in the story. THUS IT IS A STORY HOLE.

Posted on Mar 26, 2010 5:44:22 AM PDT
Bones says:
God of War III's plot had plenty of problems. Great visuals/sound and solid game play, but they dropped the ball when it came to storytelling. Not to say that any of the GOW games were particularly deep, but it felt like the story was nothing more than an afterthought in III. Gamers today deserve a better plot than what GOW III had to offer. That said, I enjoyed the game.

Posted on Mar 26, 2010 6:25:25 AM PDT
M. burns says:
@J.M Malone - I think you are watching too much LOST. That whole show is a plot hole.

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 7:19:05 AM PDT
A. Mann says:
But if you want to get really technical. If Kratos is back during the time of the war than everyone he killed in the first 3 games (including COO) would be alive. This would include Medusa, the Sisters of Fate, Persephone, his FAMILY. Chalk it up to the 1.21 gigawatts it took to put him back that far (and the fact there's no plutonium)

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 9:33:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2010 9:35:17 AM PDT
M. Malone says:
@ W. Terry
So, you are obviously a blind moron. You insult me by repeating exactly what I said. You're certainly the pinnacle of failures of the world.

@ M. burns
I have never watched a single episode past the first episode of LOST. To be honest, the reason is because I thought the show was completely lame was just from the first episode. Plus, my ex-girlfriend loved every moment of it and would talk about it constantly. You can agree that it just must be hated at that point.

If you want a huge story hole, look at Krato's chest at the end of this game.

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 3:15:33 PM PDT
E. D. Rezek says:
Some issues I have with God of War, and keep in mind I love the series:
I don't think there was ever supposed to be more than the first game. Look at the ending of that game for evidence. As the God of War Kratos was shown over seeing the many present day wars such as WWI. My problem is how did he know of these things. I could go on about various theories but I shall spare you guys.
The other thing I just thought of was why not go back in time and stop him self from killing his family. That would have spared a lot of pain and suffering.
Just some thoughts, had those things occurred we would have no kick ass games.

Posted on Apr 1, 2010 10:31:42 AM PDT
By Kratos going by back in time and bringing the Titans back to the future, he Create alternate reality. So, Kratos actions did not change past of his reality. He just created an alternate world where those Titans don't exist anymore. Therefore, what ever happen in GOW and GOWII already happen and cannot be change.

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 6:13:57 PM PDT
Alan W. says:
"The other thing I just thought of was why not go back in time and stop him self from killing his family. That would have spared a lot of pain and suffering."

This was definitely the first thing I thought about when I saw that Kratos could go back in time at any point he desired. The explanation is that Kratos is quite power-hungry as we've witnessed through the course of the series. If he went back in time to prevent himself from murdering his family, he would never be a god and have godly powers. Also, he'd still be under the servitude of Ares if he went back at that point. But overall, I feel as if it was due to Kratos' desire for more power.

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 9:12:36 PM PDT
Trevertravis says:
Isn't it because Kratos could only change his fate? Not his families.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 1:42:36 PM PDT
NameSource says:
I think all of the "what if's" and "back in time" scenarios are discounting the fact that it's..................A VIDEO GAME.

The story is coherent enough for 3 games in a series to be watchable, understandable, and playable. Really.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Mar 25, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
God of War III - Playstation 3
God of War III - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars (960)