****Spoiler to beat all spoilers*** The HEA - don't look if you don't want to know

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 24, 2013 5:21:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2013 8:37:48 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
ETA: This was spilling over onto the Prologue/First Chapter thread and I didn't want someone unsuspecting to find out over there about the HEA.

Yes, someone got an early copy of the book in Germany from an online seller. I have seen the info and it is real, and the person is reliable.

The HEA is Sam

Read em an weep! LOL

ETA: Yet again, cause I don't want to be blamed for this spoiler - it was out there people were saying it everywhere on FB and on here - so I made a thread for it so people who didn't want to be spoiled wouldn't be spoiled. And those who wanted to know, can know. But it seems Amazon is being blamed for unloading the secret. And since my name is at the top of that spoiler I thought I would clarify. But seriously, did anyone really think with every bookseller in the world, that somehow one or two would not get put out early, they always do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ETA: 4/26/2013
You know when you think you are doing something good, and it turns out blowing up in your face....yeah this is one of those times. So I will try to explain the turn of events over the past couple of days so people actually realize how things played out.

I heard from a friend via text who the HEA was in the afternoon while I was still at work. When I got home and got details, I found out that someone had gotten the book in Germany online from a bookstore early, she ordered it, it arrived. She read it and filled a few friends in on how it ended. Friends talk to friends and walla it is a giant game of telephone. But it was confirmed and verified to be true. By the time I got home, 45 minutes later it was already hitting everywhere, but I saw people were not letting to much of a spoiler out, just showing outrage (which IMO is just as much a spoiler given everyone knows everyone's suitor preference in this fandom). It was even was posted on CH's own site earlier in the day, and Amazon was one of the places mentioned, and that spoiler/warning was promptly removed. This is all long before I created this thread and I hadn't even posted anything, because I don't generally post while I am work.

Then I went to my other job and worked for 3 hours. I kept getting texts. "It is all over German twitter", "there is more than one source", "confirmed", "people are putting it on their FB wall".... and so on, tweets, posts... pm's, El's going crazy. I came home and went to Amazonia where I have been posting for two years and most posters here already knew. It was in the other threads, and it was obvious what happened, who the hea was. You can see the deleted posts in most of the threads, and the not so subtle hints, and outrage by EL's. Duh, anyone reading that would know.

I checked on google for CH spoilers for DEA in the past hour, and there were lots of German tweets, a few American ones to confirm that the news was out. (Came to find out later that there was more than one German bookseller releasing copies - I know of at least 2 others, and I am sure there are more than that - and one American source)

Having been posting on Amazon for two years, I knew several people didn't want to be spoiled. I know I wouldn't want to find out that way, and people didn't seem to be able to control their anger and keep it to themselves. So I created a spoiler thread for it, clearly marked so people who didn't want to find out, wouldn't.

Did I know that people would go post nasty stuff on CH FB page? No, absolutely not, and I think that is deplorable, but I understand that they too are making mistakes out of a passionate reactions.

As a result, I created the thread in an effort to contain an already massive leakage of information, before it got worse. People were getting spoiled without being warned. But now it seems I am somehow to blame???? Yes, I am an EL, and I am not happy with the outcome, but I didn't create the leak, I wasn't the first, second or fiftieth (probably not even in the top hundred) to put it out in public, in fact the first time I said anything about it publicly is in this thread which is clearly marked. This thread was in response to the information being leaked in the first place. I didn't create the leak.

So when I read that people are outraged that "one" person created this, I don't think they realize the real picture and how it all happened. I don't think the reader is to blame because she didn't post anything publicly just told a few friends, or the EL's who reacted and made it obvious to everyone, or me for trying to contain it. The thing spread like a wildfire because people were so shocked. The news was everywhere before this thread was created, at least 5 or 6 hours in fact.

Sorry this is so long and most of you could care less, but it is important to me that people understand what happened, and the how, when, and why it happened. Although I am sure there are plenty that will say it is all my fault. Whatev's - my intention was not to spoil it for people, that damage was already done, I just wanted to keep people from knowing who didn't want to know. Unfortunately, I can't control, FB, twitter, and the internet, he3k, I can't control Amazonia.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 5:23:26 PM PDT
Karen says:
@Oh Yes - Thank you. I appreciate it.

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:24:38 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
No problem, nothing like not knowing and everyone else knowing - this way it is official and everyone else can not spoil those who don't want to be spoiled.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 5:27:16 PM PDT
Karen says:
Thanks, I felt like the clumsy kid in school while they were picking teams. I wouldn't ever spoil anyone who didn't want to be, but I love knowing, although I'm sort of sad for you that really, really wanted Eric.

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:27:17 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2013 8:40:53 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:28:25 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 18, 2013 9:10:30 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:30:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 11, 2013 12:22:24 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:34:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2013 5:34:46 PM PDT
FollyB says:
I am so mad and canceled my order.
Thanks for opening this thread !

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 5:35:39 PM PDT
Karen says:
@Oh Yes - Is Bill a RB?

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:37:06 PM PDT
Andrea says:
LOL Karen that's all I hope for, as long as Bill dies I'm all good :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 5:39:57 PM PDT
Karen says:
@Andrea - I'm sorry so many of you are upset, and I think rose colored glasses look good on you.

I think Bill being a bad guy would make a lot of people happier than they are right now.

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:40:26 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 26, 2013 1:15:54 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 5:41:10 PM PDT
Coffeelover says:
I bet she makes him a hero.

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:41:47 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
No idea about Bill yet. The person who got it skipped to the end for us and skimmed the Eric parts. It is definitely Sam. No word on Bill. One can hope.

I do feel like I just watched an author commit Hari Kari but that is her choice. Now, I will just sit back and watch the fireworks. I hadn't preordered so I have nothing to cancel, but no, I won't buy it. I will read it though.

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:42:07 PM PDT
KristenAnn says:
The book finished before it started. I guess Eric was sold off to Freyda, or at least it could of been over in DR.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 5:43:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 26, 2013 1:15:21 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:43:49 PM PDT
BookWorm says:
I just found out about these forums yesterday, and was excited to finally get some DEA spoilers/speculation. Then I come across THIS and what a slap in the face! Why not have her be with Sam several books ago?? Or at least write Sam with some sort of romantic feeling on Sookie's part, so this can be believable. This is worse then what LKH did to Anita Blake IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 5:43:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 11, 2013 12:23:00 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:45:56 PM PDT
lbc says:
I knew it was wrong to let myself hope.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 5:47:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 11, 2013 12:23:49 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:47:25 PM PDT
Missa Lou says:
If this is a true spoiler, I am definitely ok with that. AT LEAST IT'S NOT BILL.... LOL

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:50:16 PM PDT
Oh Yes says:
LOL Missa - it's true
I went through I am being punked stage about 2:30
Yes, it is not Bill, although at least she felt lust for Bill.

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:50:42 PM PDT
CHfan says:
While it is true that authors can write whatever they choose to, people do not have to buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 5:51:32 PM PDT
Karen says:
@Missa Lou - I agree, that I think would have been hard for me to accept.

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:54:03 PM PDT
When she went to dinner with Sam last book he didn't even pay or offer to pay for her freaking dinner! Come on pick up the tab at least. Pfft
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  360
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Ever After: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Dead Ever After: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood) by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - May 7, 2013)
3.0 out of 5 stars   (4,317)