Customer Discussions > 11/22/63: A Novel forum

Spoilers - Conclusions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 24, 2012 3:52:32 PM PDT
So are we to conclude from this story that it was better in the long run to let JFK be killed because in that timeline in the long run, things turn out better? And that is why Jake goes back into the past to reset the changes he had made? And the painful and successful work to thwart the assassination is all for naught?

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 7:07:12 AM PDT
Yes, that is what we are to conclude.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 12:57:42 PM PDT
Yep, that's how I interpreted it.

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 12:50:55 PM PDT
I read somewhere that time travel obviously never happens in the future--otherwise we'd know because Shakespeare would have mentioned all these people LOOKING at him. He'd have been so creeped-out he would have mentioned SOMETHING, at least. LOL Any number of famous past personages would have remarked on the watchers.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 1:41:25 PM PST
Margaret says:
As with Texas, don't mess with time.

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 3:55:43 PM PDT
We would never know if time travel would actually work or not. (as in Back to the future part 2) we could never be sure we get back to our own reality to make sure what we did actually work or even if it could be undone. I understand that that is beyond the scope of this book. I HATE the ending... HATE. I makes no sense.

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 12:42:33 PM PDT
bcb1uk says:
More than that! Not only was the painful and successful work to thwart the assassination wasted, but any work done to improve the lives of people in the past had negative side effects on those people or those around them... as time took revenge for their true paths having been changed. I came to see the ending, with Sadie being 'Citizen of the Century' as a reward: her life was improved for Jake having not intervened, to make the point clear.

Oh, and I LOVE the ending. LOVE.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  11/22/63: A Novel forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
11/22/63: A Novel
11/22/63: A Novel by Stephen King (Hardcover - November 8, 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (7,822)