4.0 out of 5 stars Snow fun
Published on December 27, 2002 by microjoe

1.0 out of 5 stars difficult!
Published on March 17, 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Snow fun, December 27, 2002
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker (Toy)
My 6 year old had fun with this, once we figured it out. As a novelty it is fun, fairly solidly made for a plastic toy. And it works. But beware, as an adult you will be cranking the handle to crush the ice for the kids. It is hard to crank, even for me. And you better buy some dixie cups, it only comes with three. ANy juice, pop, or koolaid will work. Just fill the little bottle with a completed sweet drink to flavor the cones. THe device does not get sticky since you put the flavor in the cup of shaved ice and never in the device, less mess that way.
If you want it for more than just a novelty and you really want snow cones on a regular basis, then buy a real electric one from Amazons kitchen store.

1.0 out of 5 stars difficult!, March 17, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker (Toy)
My daughter, who just turned six, received this for her bd. We (meaning me rather than her) have used it once and I'd be happy to quietly get rid of it and never use it again. We put ice cubes in, first of all, which took ages to grind up (Mom did all the work). So then we put in "crushed ice" from the freezer, and that took slightly less time to grind. Still, from start to finish, it took I don't know how long to make one sno-cone. I doubt we'll be using this sno-cone maker ever again -- it's just not worth the effort.=

5.0 out of 5 stars Snow cone crazy!, July 13, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker (Toy)
My sister who is nine years old now, got this for her birthday from a friend. She used it right away, as 3 other nine year olds had been making and selling them. Everyone was trying to sell, and fortunatley, my sister, two friends, and I were doing the best. The reason why? Our snow cone maker had made good, fluffy snow. The neighbor girls were jealous, as theirs made chunks of ice. Within 4 days, my sister's snow cone group had sold over 100 snow cones! Since we had two spongebob snow cone makers, (one from a previous Christmas) it was a little bit easier, but cranking was the worst. Plus, we also had been cranking on the cement, which resulted into lots of cut fingers (imagine doing one hundred!)

The group did not mind though, as the ages were 9, 9, 12, and 11. I don't think kids younger than that could handle doing it outside.

In cases of getting more customers than we did, i think you should get an automatic one.

4.0 out of 5 stars A high quality toy, May 2, 2002
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker (Toy)
The Spnogebob snowcone maker is a great toy. The snow cones are very fun to make and also taste very good. The Snow cones were delicious, tasty, and scrumdidlyumpscious. Overall this is a very good toy. I would recomed it to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to make, fun to eat, July 15, 2002
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker (Toy)
Our 7 year old just got this for his birthday. He was so excited he went for making sno-cones before he even got a piece of his Spongebob Squarepants cake! When it's less hectic, I'll have him mix the flavor ingredients himself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun ! ! !, December 8, 2005
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker (Toy)
First off, let me say that I am an adult spongebob fan!

I bought this toy for myself about 3 1/2 years ago at Wal-Mart for about $10.00. I'm very conscious of what I put in my body, so I didn't use the powdered mix that came with this set.

I have tried a few methods to make my sno cones. I have grinded ice and put juice on it (as another reviewer mentioned), but I found that to taste very diluted.

The best way that I have found is to use ice cubes made of juice (frozen juice cubes) and grind those. True, you will most likely have to freeze them overnight, but the juice cubes grind much easier than just the plain ice and the consistency comes out very smooth.

I have also frozen pudding and jello cups in the freezer and ground those in the sno cone maker too. They are very tasty and add a little something different to the consistency.

I was just thinking as I type this, You could probably cut some fruit into chunks, freeze it and grind those too! Maybe yogurt as well. . . I will have to try those.

Of course, with those last few methods you have to wash the S.B.S.C Maker out, but it is very light and almost all plastic, so that isn't a problem. I just run it under the sink for a few minutes, and lay it on top of a paper towel to dry.

Overall I like it. It is a bit flimsy, and sometimes it will move when I'm turning the crank, but for the price I paid, I'm not diappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars great toy, November 21, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker (Toy)
yes, the handle is a bit hard to crank for a younger child and an adult will need to help some, but that is half the fun! my boys love this...and they especially enjoy making sno-cones for the other if one of them is sick!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great time to share with my son!!, July 1, 2004
Cyndi Hill (Stamford, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker (Toy)
My 3 year old son received this for his birthday. We have a great time making snow cones. Yes it might take a while, but what a great way to teach your child patience and an even better excuse to spend some quality time with them. We laugh and make up stories about spongebob until it is time to eat the snow cone..

5.0 out of 5 stars best snow cones, July 7, 2002
A Kid's Review
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker (Toy)
when i got this toy for my birthday i looked at it and i could already taste it there so good its fun tasty and i would recond it 2 anyone

1.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves sponge bob but get ready to crank, September 16, 2004
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker (Toy)
For my four year old's birthday I bought him the sponge bob sno cone maker. I was happy with the durability but not a good sno cone maker. You crank and crank for a litle bit of ice powder. I suggest getting an electric sno cone maker.

SpongeBob SquarePants Sno Cone Maker