Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 36% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Life Lessons from Bikini Bottom
"Help Wanted" The Seven Seas Edition
Kick-Wham-Pow-Bob Music Video
Top Customer Reviews
1. Help Wanted / Reef Blower / Tea at the Treedome
2. Bubblestand / RippedPants
3. Jellyfishing / Plankton!
4. Naughty Nautical Neighbors / Boating School
5. Pizza Delivery / Home Sweet Pineapple
6. MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy / Pickles
7. Hall Monitor / Jellyfish Jam
8. Sandy's Rocket / Squeaky Boots
9. NaturePants / Opposite Day
10. Culture Shock / F.U.N.
11. MuscleBob BuffPants / Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost
12. The Chaperone / Employee of the Month
13. ScaredyPants / I Was A Teenage Gary
14. SB-129 / Karate Choppers
15. Sleepy Time / Suds
16. Valentine's Day / The Paper
17. Arrgh! / Rock Bottom
18. Texas / Walking Small
19. Fools In April / Neptune's Spatula
20. Hooky / MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy II
21. Your Shoe's Untied / Squid's Day Off
22. Something Smells / Bossy Boots
23. Big Pink Loser / Bubble Buddy
24. Dying for Pie / Imitation Krabs
25. Wormy / Patty Hype
26. Grandma's Kisses / Squidville
27. Pre-Hibernation Week / Life of Crime
28. Christmas Who?
29. Survival of the Idiots / Dumped
30. No Free Rides / I'm Your Biggest Fanatic
31. MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy III / Squirrel Jokes
32. Pressure / The Smoking Peanut
33. Shanghaied / Gary Takes a Bath
34. Welcome to the Chum Bucket / Frankendoodle
35. The Secret Box / Band Geeks
36. Graveyard Shift / Krusty Love
37. Procrastination / I'm With Stupid
38. Sailor Mouth / Artist Unknown
39. Jellyfish Hunter / The Fry Cook Games
40. Sandy, SpongeBob and the Worm / Squid On Strike
41. The Algae's Always Greener / SpongeGuard on Duty
42. Club SpongeBob / My Pretty Seahorse
43. Just One Bite / The Bully
44.Read more ›
I just unpacked this item so I am not sure if discs 1-13 contain bonus features (other than commentaries). There are no extras listed and I haven't found any other extras on the discs with episodes. Also, the menus aren't animated as elaborately as the originals. I prefer the original menus on the previous separate season releases; they are animated (moving pictures) as opposed to one static picture and it is easier to select the specific show that you want on the older version menus. Although, the new menus seem to load more quickly.
* I added some screenshots of the menu to the "customer images" section of this item's listing.
Disc 14 contains the following special features:
- Square Roots: The Story of SpongeBob SquarePants
- "Help Wanted": The Seven Seas Edition
- Life Lessons from Bikini Bottom
- Kick-Wham-Pow-Bob Music Video
My bottom line opinion: If you are a huge fan, get the original set AND this set -- now at amazon.com for $65. If you don't care about the space or price and want just one set - get the originals. If you have kids and a budget or you like to just "play all" of the episodes - I would recommend this one because it takes up so little space and the price is really good right now - a lot cheaper than if you bought all of the seasons separately.
1. To save space
This set is just barely wider than either the first or second season boxsets, by about one thinpack DVD case at most. The third season is roughly half the width of either the first or second season boxsets. 'The First 100 Episodes' boxset takes up a little less than half the shelf space of Seasons 1-3 combined (and it also includes Seasons 4 and 5, but that's a moot point because they plain suck).
2. Because I'm a freak about keeping things in mint condition
This boxset at one point came in a plexiglass hardcase with nice bubble cutouts, and a lenticular 3D slipcover. I'm not sure if that was a limited first print run, or maybe it was exclusive to certain retailers, but the boxset I got from Amazon did NOT have a hardcase or a lenticular splicover. That was half the reason I ordered this set, I really wanted the hardcase because I'm obsessive-compulsive about keeping all my media in absolutely pristine condition. I handle my DVDs like they're glass babies, and I hate it when boxsets come in cardboard cases (especially digipacks, those are the worst). By the way, the cardboard shell on my set did arrive all wrinkled/creased along the bottom, with the corners all squished in. I know there are people out there like me that feel my pain on that one... so just be warned, if you were expecting a hardcase, there's a good chance that you won't get one if you order from Amazon. Go to a store and try to find one on the shelves.
Edit: I went to Best Buy to see if I could find a boxset with a plexi case and there weren't any. They had about four sets that were identical to the one I received from Amazon. Two Wal-Marts and a Target didn't even have it in stock.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a must-own for any Spongebob fan, young or old. I'm 22 and I am so happy I own this set - my boyfriend I love watching it!Published 3 days ago by Karissa
I give this a 5+ for content and a 2 for packaging. Many of the disk cases were broken on the inside and could not retain a disk upon arrival. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Monti S Smith
I love this I got this on October 14 2009 from a local store I still have thisPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
My sister really wanted this for Christmas and she love it. She rewatched every ep. And now I just bought season 6-8 for her. She loves her some Patrick star.Published 3 months ago by chery
We are enjoying all these episodes and it brings back memories. All goodPublished 6 months ago by Blackberryjam624
A must own for Spongebob fans! Who wouldn't want to throw a DVD in and watch the adventures of this endearing yellow fellow and his friends?!? Read morePublished 6 months ago by Zombob
|Topic||From this Discussion|
Amazon does this all the time (changes prices) and it makes no sense. But, then again, Amazon also has a Marketplace which allows sellers to outsell Amazon itself by nearly 95% on certain items so....go figure. Example: Amazon.com will sell a new DVD for $19.99. A marketplace seller will sell... Read More
Mar 15, 2010 by msc | See all 2 posts
|Language Tracks||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > 3-6 Years
- Movies & TV > 7-9 Years
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > TV