Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on July 21, 2009
Episodes:
1. Help Wanted / Reef Blower / Tea at the Treedome
2. Bubblestand / RippedPants
3. Jellyfishing / Plankton!
4. Naughty Nautical Neighbors / Boating School
5. Pizza Delivery / Home Sweet Pineapple
6. MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy / Pickles
7. Hall Monitor / Jellyfish Jam
8. Sandy's Rocket / Squeaky Boots
9. NaturePants / Opposite Day
10. Culture Shock / F.U.N.
11. MuscleBob BuffPants / Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost
43. Just One Bite / The Bully
44. Nasty Patty / Idiot Box
45. MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy IV / Doing Time
46. Snowball Effect / One Krabs Trash
47. As Seen On TV / Can You Spare a Dime?
48. No Weenies Allowed / Squilliam Returns
59. The Sponge Who Could Fly
60. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler / Pranks a Lot
61. Fear of a Krabby Patty / Shell of a Man
62. The Lost Mattress / Krabs vs. Plankton
63. Have You Seen This Snail?
64. Skill Crane / Good Neighbor
65. Selling Out / FunnyPants
66. Dunces and Dragons
67. MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy VI / Enemy In Law
68. Patrick SmartPants / SquidBob TentaclePants
69. Krusty Towers / Mrs. Puff, You're Fired!
70. Ghost Host / Wishing You Well
94. Blackened Sponge / MermaidMan vs. SpongeBob
95. The Inmates of Summer / To Save a Squirrel
96. Pest of the West
97. The Battle of Bikini Bottom / 20,000 Patties Under the Sea
98. What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?
99. The Two Faces of Squidward / SpongeHenge
100. Banned in Bikini Bottom / Stanley S. SquarePants

Bonus Features:
-All 100 episodes (207 segments) on 14 discs
-All shorts (Unconfirmed)
-All bonus features from the first 5 season DVDs (Unconfirmed)
-Pilot Episode "Help Wanted" in regular and 7 Seas Edition
-Documentary "SquareRoots" in original, uncut widescreen format
-Animation Art Galleries
-Music Videos
-More to come!

It is unknown the status about the features labeled "unconfirmed", and what the disc break-up is going to be. My guess is if it includes way more bonus features than listed, then it would be discs 1-10 are the episodes (half a season per disc) and 11-14 are bonus discs, but only time will tell.

There will be a setup menu on each disc with audio and visual options, and presumably captions, and the packaging will be a 3D-lenticular slipcase housed in plexiglass. It sounds like a deal to me, and I'll be picking this up despite the fact I already own seasons 1-5 on DVD.
44 comments|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2009
We own all of the original seasons (1-5) currently offered of SpongeBob SquarePants. We love them but they take up a lot of space and we constantly have the discs rotating throughout our house. We definitely will keep the originals but this set is just a little wider than the box of the 1st season set. Now when our son asks for a certain episode (which he does often) we can actually find it!

I just unpacked this item so I am not sure if discs 1-13 contain bonus features (other than commentaries). There are no extras listed and I haven't found any other extras on the discs with episodes. Also, the menus aren't animated as elaborately as the originals. I prefer the original menus on the previous separate season releases; they are animated (moving pictures) as opposed to one static picture and it is easier to select the specific show that you want on the older version menus. Although, the new menus seem to load more quickly.

* I added some screenshots of the menu to the "customer images" section of this item's listing.

Disc 14 contains the following special features:

- Square Roots: The Story of SpongeBob SquarePants
- "Help Wanted": The Seven Seas Edition
- Life Lessons from Bikini Bottom
- Kick-Wham-Pow-Bob Music Video

My bottom line opinion: If you are a huge fan, get the original set AND this set -- now at amazon.com for $65. If you don't care about the space or price and want just one set - get the originals. If you have kids and a budget or you like to just "play all" of the episodes - I would recommend this one because it takes up so little space and the price is really good right now - a lot cheaper than if you bought all of the seasons separately.
review image review image review image
on October 3, 2010
I already owned the first three seasons on DVD, but I bought this set for two reasons:

1. To save space

This set is just barely wider than either the first or second season boxsets, by about one thinpack DVD case at most. The third season is roughly half the width of either the first or second season boxsets. 'The First 100 Episodes' boxset takes up a little less than half the shelf space of Seasons 1-3 combined (and it also includes Seasons 4 and 5, but that's a moot point because they plain suck).

2. Because I'm a freak about keeping things in mint condition

This boxset at one point came in a plexiglass hardcase with nice bubble cutouts, and a lenticular 3D slipcover. I'm not sure if that was a limited first print run, or maybe it was exclusive to certain retailers, but the boxset I got from Amazon did NOT have a hardcase or a lenticular splicover. That was half the reason I ordered this set, I really wanted the hardcase because I'm obsessive-compulsive about keeping all my media in absolutely pristine condition. I handle my DVDs like they're glass babies, and I hate it when boxsets come in cardboard cases (especially digipacks, those are the worst). By the way, the cardboard shell on my set did arrive all wrinkled/creased along the bottom, with the corners all squished in. I know there are people out there like me that feel my pain on that one... so just be warned, if you were expecting a hardcase, there's a good chance that you won't get one if you order from Amazon. Go to a store and try to find one on the shelves.

Edit: I went to Best Buy to see if I could find a boxset with a plexi case and there weren't any. They had about four sets that were identical to the one I received from Amazon. Two Wal-Marts and a Target didn't even have it in stock.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2015
I love SpongeBob, and in fact I already owned Seasons 1-5 as individual box sets. I love that this collection takes up much less space on the shelf. The discs come packaged in seven slim-cases, each with two discs inside. They are a little difficult to remove, so you have to be careful. The artwork on each slim-case each features a different character from the series.

Menus:
These are no nonsense collections, not loaded with advertising before you get to the menu. I find the menus attractive and easy to navigate. And they all fit the same style. The menus are different than the individual season sets. Based on another review, I had assumed the menus would not be animated, but they are. And they each have different music too, for instance, the music on the disc-1 menu is an instrumental version of "F-U-N".

Video:
The episodes are laid out in a similar fashion as the season sets. For instance, you get one SpongeBob theme song at the beginning of the disc, several episodes, and then a massive credits compilation at the end. The episodes seem to be in chronological order. The first episode "Help Wanted" does indeed include the Tiny Tim song. The video and audio quality is excellent as you'd expect from DVD.

Extras:
The "Square Roots" special is outstanding! I think it was 45 minutes long. It features interview from all the major players in the series including the creator, the major voices, artists, writers, directors, the (then) head of Nickalodeon, animation historians (including Jerry Beck), and the general public. The "Seven Seas Edition of Help Wanted" is nothing more than the same episode with different languages.

In short, this set is everything you'd want or expect in such a collection. And it's a good bargain too.
on March 18, 2016
Has every episode I can remember from the original five seasons of Spongebob Squarepants. Comes in pretty standard/mediocre packaging, however. The only reason I docked a star was due to the fact that it is still in DVD-era quality. Would love to see a Blu-Ray rendition of this collection, but alas. The quality mirrors that of the general TV quality of the time, and even on a 1080p HD screen, looks a bit grainy and washed.
on July 14, 2014
SpongeBob is a guilty pleasure of mine- I'm extremely picky about the kind of shows I like to watch and this one just started to grow on me. I would wind up watching any cartoon that would catch my interest when there was nothing on TV and I stumbled across SpongeBob one day. With the first 100 episodes on this box set is a great enough reason to buy this instead of the separate seasons sets the crown gem on this is the documentary the explains how SpongeBob got his start and became the pop culture icon he is today. Once episode 200 airs I am hoping Nickelodeon does another 100 episode box set. There are still plenty of extra features they can add to it. Like A Mermaid Man tribute and how an episode is put together from start to finish. It is definitely something I would snag in a heartbeat
on April 21, 2016
My son was into sponge bob square pant hugely when he was younger, it was the only show that he would actually sit and watch. Each year for his birthday and Christmas I would buy a DVD of the show, usually a movie or such that they made in addition to the episodes.
So as the holidays were approching I was on the look out for another sponge bob square pants dvd that we did not currently already have.
I came across this amazing box set that had like 9 seasons of the show. As you can tell from the box there are 100 episodes. I had to buy it, I knew he would love it and he would always have a different episode to watch instead of the same one over and over again. As a parent I know that this can become highly annoying and you find yourself knowing all the words to the movie that your child is obsessed with. This box set was a win win! He got the show he loves and I didn't have to hear the same one over and over again.
The prices for this product was also incredibly good, especially for what I was getting. I would definitely buy this again if I still didn't have it, years later, now my daughter likes to watch it.
If you're child is a huge fan of sponge bob square pants I would highly recommend it, you'll get to keep your sanity and you child has 100 episodes to enjoy!
on August 25, 2011
OMG over 38 hours of Spongebob in one neat shelf friendly set! How could any Spongebob fan not afford to buy this? You get 100 (more like 200) episodes of Spongebob essentially seasons 1-5 altogether.

The quality is amazing and the packaging is honestly some of the best I have ever seen. I would say buy it if you don't already own seasons 1-5 (I already owned season 1 + some Spongebob dvds, but after owning this will give them to my younger cousins). This set is definitely worth owning if you can find it for under $70 and can be a great thing to show your kids someday.
on April 13, 2012
This is a the best DVD collection of Spongebob you can get. It contains the first 100 episodes(duh), spanning from Seasons 1-5. Seasons 1-3 are THE best Spongebob seasons/episodes ever, because it is aimed to kids without isolating adults(there are jokes only adults can understand). Seasons 4-5 are decent at best, and this time, totally aimed for young kids. And though I can do without Seasons 4-5, with the price it is offering now, its a good bonus.

Picture quality is clear and very good, esp if you have a player that can up convert to HD(PS3, some Blu-ray players, etc), because even if I am really waiting for a Blu-ray release, I can say this is more than enough.

The packaging is great as well! I love it! They used 7 slim DVD cases(2 discs per case), and the covers are nicely done(back to back too!), each with the episode lists of the respective discs. Even the DVDs got nice prints in them. Something the Powerpuff Girls Complete Series lacks - which uses cheap DVD case, no episode guide, DOUBLE SIDED DVD!, etc...

So yes, if youre a fan of Spongebob and dont have the seperate sets by Season, get this! If you havent seen Spongebob yet, or not too familiar, you cant get wrong by starting here. You will have hours of fun with the episodes, while the box itself is sexy and sleek. Also, it got the best episode of Spongebob - SPONGEBOB MEETS THE STRANGLER, so watch it 24 times back to back!!!
on August 2, 2015
A must own for Spongebob fans! Who wouldn't want to throw a DVD in and watch the adventures of this endearing yellow fellow and his friends?!? The first 100 episodes are here and are, in my opinion, the majority of the best. I'm not ragging on the later episodes, but after all these years, anyone can run out of steam. Both child and adult friendly, sit back, forget about the worries of the day and head on down to Bikini BottomM