on August 24, 2010
I really like this armband. The Droid X slips in easily and is snug once in place. It is not too difficult to retrieve from the case just make sure you are not squeezing the screen while pulling it out or you could damage it. I have also been quite sweaty while using this case and the Droid X stayed dry. There are some vent holes at the bottom of the phone slot.

PROS:
*****************
Fits Droid X well, snug
Only one I could find that actually mentioned the dimensions of the Droid X and stated "for phones over 4.5"".
It's stretchy neoprene...?
Velcro and materials seem like they are high quality

CONS:
*****************

This wasn't a con for me but it could be for someone else. The armband velcro strap is a little on the short side. I am not ripped or anything but I am not scrawny either. I am about 6' 200 lbs, 16% body fat and this thing fit me ok but if you are much bigger than this opt for the extender or expect to have your arm constricted. With that being said, you'd probably have to be quite a bit bigger for it to even matter.

One other con here is that this is a universal armband, though it fits the Droid X well, the phone sometimes "turns" in the pouch just a little so a tiny bit of the screen is off to the side making it difficult to do certain tasks. Of course, you just quickly adjust and all is good again. It would be nice if Tunebelt made these specific to each phone model.

At $20 it was a bit pricey but it was the only one that I could find for the Droid X so it was well worth it.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 16, 2010
I am an iPhone 3GS to EVO 4G convert. I changed to get away from AT&T's huge prices and to get a change in scenery on Android. I previously was using a Tuneband for my iPhone (Tuneband for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS (not iPhone 4, see description below), Grantwood Technology's Armband, Silicone Skin, and Screen Protector, Black and LOVED it. The company only seemed to make this for Apple products so I searched for something similar for my new EVO since I use RunKeeper Pro to track my runs.

DESIGN:
The Design is pretty straight forward. It does not exactly fit the EVO, it took a lot of squeezing in there to get it to fit. Not really a problem. I was not a fan of the plastic cover on the armband to begin with, but seeing as I was limited in selection, it would have to do.

OVERALL:
I would take this on medium runs (5-8 miles)for about an hour. The phone got wet from my sweat and the plastic cover fogged over making reading the screen useless. I have stopped using the product and am now out the $25 that I spent on it.

I would not recommend this to any EVO owner as its more of a "one size fits all" approach. Maybe some other phones work better, but the condensation on the inside of an armband with a $500+ phone inside didn't sit well with me at all.

I run with the phone in my pocket and am hopeful that someone will come out with a similar design to the Tuneband that is designed for Apple products.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I'm very happy with my iPhone4, and with its ability to play music through my Motorola S9HD Bluetooth wireless stereo headset. However, the link between the two sometimes fades when the phone is in a belt case, so I've been looking for an arm band case big enough to hold the iPhone4 while in the bumper case Apple is recommending to avoid loss of signal when touching the lower left corner gap in the iPhone's antenna.

Tune Belt to the rescue with this new larger model. Though not only for the iPhone4, it does fit the iPhone4 well, without having to first remove the bumper case like other cases I've found that claim to be for the iPhone4. I had no trouble operating the iPhone4 through the Tune Belt case, even though some of the buttons and openings on the iPhone4 are not explicitly supported by the Tune Belt.

Construction is good - all a single piece, so nothing will be getting lost. Inserting the iPhone4 in its bumper case takes a bit of strength, due to friction between the bumper case and the Tune Belt neoprene fabric, but that also ensures the phone won't fall out once inserted.

The arm band portion is wide and long enough to fit comfortably on most arms, with the phone pointed either up or down as desired. There's an extra little tab under the brand label the looks suited for gripping a key ring, which will be handy.
on March 10, 2011
There have been so many reviews going back and forth about Tune Belt. I own an EVO 4G. My EVO 4G is protected by both a Body Glove slim case and an invisibleSHIELD screen protector. I am using the Tune Belt for my workouts. Here is what I have found. The Tune Belt is the PERFECT CASE for my EVO 4G. The case is big enough for me to slide my EVO 4G (with case) without any issue. Its not a struggle to slide my phone into the case. It slides in snugly but not so tightly I strain to do it. In the case, my touch screen (with screen protector) works without issue. I can activate the screen, unlock my phone, use the control keys at the bottom at the phone, open applications, etc. I have no issues (none) using my EVO 4G while in the Tune Belt. The case is comfortable on my arm. I purchased the additional strap as I have 18" arms. If your arms are that size or bigger, you'll need the strap. If your arms are smaller, the strap that comes with the Tune Belt is sufficient. I sweat (like a pig) when I work out. My phone is dry, the case is comfortable (doesn't slide on the arm); tucks up under my shirt sleeve with no issues; and even looks stylish (like that matters??). I don't know why others have had issues with Tune Belt, but I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend Tune Belt to others. If you have a EVO 4G with a slim case and screen protector and looking for a belt for workouts, this is the one to buy. That's the truth!
on October 17, 2013
After reading reviews, I was a bit concerned about fitting my iPhone 5 in it's Spigen Slim Armor case into this band. Wanting my phone to fit tighter rather than looser, I took the risk. I'm glad I did. It fits perfect!

In it's case my iPhone 5 measures a hair shy of 5-1/8" tall x 2-1/2" wide x 3/8" thick. Again, the fit is perfect.

Yes, this band is not as long as others I've had, but unless you have big biceps or a heavy person this ought to work great. I am 5'10" & 155, slender, but I have space to spare in the band.

As to the construction of this band it seems well made of thin, yet stretchy neoprene that is wrapped around the edges so it won't fray. A nice feature.

NOTE: Thanks to the previous reviewers for taking the time—you are why I bought this. But some others would benefit from being specific. "It fits my phone great!" doesn't help if you don't tell us what sort of phone, and/or case, and/or size. Thanks again!
on December 1, 2010
i recently purchased this armband after reading fellow reviewers and im very satisfied with my purchase. i like many others have an iphone in an otterbox case and would love to use my iphone while running and working out, but taking it out of the otterbox and putting it into a phone only armband is a pain in the butt. my iphone fits snugly in this case even with an otterbox defender case. ive ran and worked out with it with the only issue being since its a snug fit the plastic screen cover thats on the tune belt is taught, and when trying to touch your iphone screen the edges are raised so you have to press a little harder to touch the screen. not too big of a deal though, a great compromise in being able to use my phone its its otterbox case and not have to take it out to go workout. this is the only thing available i could find and i would recommend it to anyone in the same situation. an added bonus is that you are able to maintain alot of protection from sweat/rain/moisture using it this way so your expensive beloved iphone is well protected. you might as well buy the armband extender unless you have tiny arms. i had to use it and only a couple bucks its well worth it.
on April 19, 2011
My Samsung Galaxy S 4G fits great in this armband, so don't hesitate if you're wondering if your Galaxy S 4G will fit.

If you ever get complimented for having "nice biceps", then you'll probably want to buy the armband extender. Nobody ever compliments me on my biceps, and the armband is a tight fit.

I haven't done any long runs or bikes with this armband yet, and the neoprene is still getting a little wet, despite the fact that I haven't done a lot of sweating. I don't have any concerns that any sweat will get in the top or the front cover of the armband, but I am a little worried about it seeping in from the back (where it rests against my unimpressive arm.) If it does get wet, though, 1) it won't get soaked, just a little damp; and 2) it'll be the back cover of the phone that gets wet, not the screen or any cracks and crevices, so it'll probably be fine...

(BTW, the armband is more black than gray. I prefer black, so I didn't mind, but I thought it made sense to mention it on this review...)

Overall, I'm satisfied with the product.
on February 9, 2012
My Galaxy S2 fits great (just snug without any hard case) and all phone functions are usable including the touch screen. I almost bought a cheapo at wally world, but I'm glad I purchased this one instead. Quality armband.
on December 28, 2010
It works exactly as advertised. I have no issues using the touchscreen on my Droid Incredible.I have the extended life battery and case which makes the setup thicker, however still no issues with the fit and function. fits well over my arm.
on August 3, 2011
I have to say this is one of the worst cases I have ever used for any type of media device. Having used multiple ipod sport cases, arm bands, and so forth, this does not compare in any regard.

First and foremost, the fit is too tight -- it is near impossible to get a Droid X inside the case. Once in there, the holes do not line up for the head phones. You have to use it UPSIDE DOWN for the head phone jack to be accessible. Pulling off the case proves to be the greatest danger, as you must use so much force that you may fling a $200 phone across the room to remove the case.

Next, the sweat and water proofing is actually sweat and water ABSORBING AND TRAPPING. It is atrocious to consider this material appropriate for insulating the phone. I sincerely think duct taping your phone to your arm would be better -- at least duct tape would not create a little hybrid sponge/greenhouse in which your phone ferments while you run.

Lastly, the plastic screen, as it gets more and more wet, changes the conductivity of the screen. It becomes near-impossible to use the phone's screen while inside the case.

The only redeeming feature is the armband itself -- it fits appropriately and the velcro functions. That's one for the Sport Belt. Fail on all other levels.

If you're looking for a phone-destroying and water-trapping device for a Droid X -- you've hit paydirt. Pony up that dough and get ready to brick your toy.