Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kitty Pirate Ship Toy
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$73.27+ Free shipping

on October 25, 2009
I truly don't understand the 3 5-star reviews. I bought this product based on those reviews and feel like I was scammed.

The very lightweight ship falls over every time one of my two kittens try to jump on top of it. There are bumpers on the front and back (fore and aft) but they certainly don't prevent the ship from falling sideways when the kittens jump up from the sides (port and starboard).

As for the hanging toy on top, again, when the kittens try to play with it, the entire ship falls over because there is no weight to it. It's just useless and the kittens only had fun playing with it while I was putting it together because I was supporting the toy.

Don't waste your money on this like I did. Buy something substantial that will at least support the weight of 4 pound kittens.
on July 25, 2011
First of all, I should probably say that all of my cats have outgrown the kitten phase, so I don't know how well it holds up to kitten based play. What I will say is that at least 3 of my lazy, adult cats LOVE to sleep inside of it.

I'll admit that I bought it because it was cute. I'll also admit that I didn't expect my cats to do more than glance at it, put their noses in the air and walk away from it haughtily. However, I was both very surprised and very pleased when they started hanging out inside of it. Even more so when more than one of them took a fancy to it.

In any event, it's a truly adorable piece of kitty furniture. It's more than sturdy enough to hold up to the use it receives in my household, which is tantamount to it being treated as a pirate themed cat bed. I'll admit that the stabilizers probably wouldn't keep it very stable if it got pounced on repeatedly, but it's no more poorly designed or constructed than any other piece of SportPet cat furniture. That said, if you like SportPet cat furniture, you'll probably like their kitty pirate ship, as well.
on May 14, 2011
I bought this as a present from 'Santa' for my cats for christmas. It took my boyrfiend about 45 minutes to put it together. For the price, it is a great toy for the cats. One of my cats was not really interested (my maine coon), but my other cat (my persian) still plays with this toy daily, he even sleeps in it sometimes (so cute). The ship is light, so it is easy to put away or move if company comes over.

I would recommend this toy to anyone who has a playful cat.
on August 18, 2011
I got the Kitty Pirate Ship for Jack, a 2 year old cat, and it held up, considering he was the most energetic of his litter. He used it for about twenty days, then it collected dust. I don't say it's the product's fault, this happens with all my cat's toys, so I think someone with a young kitten or a cat who likes to be rocked while resting, it's perfect.
on April 25, 2011
A little smaller than I had hoped, but cute and seems sturdy. Would recommend that you ensure that it is solidly put together and doesn't "rock" before letting the cats near it. One wobble and they haven't ventured back to it yet :-\
on September 1, 2011
A friend of mine works at a cat shelter where they had the pirate ship, and she saw how much the cats liked it. She got one for her six cats. I've been to her house many times, and there are always cats in or on the pirate ship. The mast is long gone, but the rest of the ship is intact. The cats actually seem to like it better without the mast, since that leaves plenty of lounging room on top. Five of her cats are Cornish Rexes, with slender physiques. The heaviest weighs 12 pounds. They all enjoy the ship. Her other cat is an 18 pounder, and he seems to enjoy swatting at cats in and on the ship.

A month ago I got this ship for my own four cats (7 to 12 pounds). The youngest were climbing in to it before I had finished putting it together. When I finished, they showed no interest in it at all. Then I started noticing that when I came home from work the ship was in a different position. After about 10 days, I saw them playing in it. Now one or the other of the one year old cats is always inside the ship, and often the other is trying to climb in with his brother.

The construction IS flimsy, but based on seeing my friend's cats use their ship for two years, it's well worth the price. The shipping was high, so I ordered two and am keeping one in reserve, in case my cats are more destructive than my friend's elegant Rexes.
on May 31, 2011
I'm a little torn on this item. I love that its a pirate ship but i don't like that the colors aren't very piratey. As for how good it is. the material inside sounds like plastic wrap so the cat will not sleep inside, and when he goes to play with it it just tips over. Its kinda flimsy and unstable. My cat tried to play with it but it fell over every time. He tried to sleep in it but couldn't get comfy. He did however decide it was a very good place to poop.He hasn't gone in it or near it since.
I don't recommend, but if they were to make a more stable not so plastic sounding one i would consider buying it.
on March 22, 2010
Our Cat LOVES this toy. I really need to video tape him and send it to AFV. He drags this toy all over the house. He has taken off the support that keeps it from rocking forward (yes the cat there are teeth marks) and grabs ahold of the toy on the front and pulls it to where he wants it.

I was thinking hey this is cheep if he doesn't like it oh well. We got it at Walmart for about $12 but they no longer carry it. It is kinda flimsy and light weight but that is why our cat likes it.

After over a year it is finally on its last leg I am looking for another. My children pushed on the top of the boat and broke one of the plastic pieces. The cat has eaten the feathers off of the toy. We have had to retie the toy on many times and glue the sail onto the ship. Most of this is because he drags it everywhere. We have even seen him try to drag it up the stairs!

If you can find it cheep it is an awesome toy!
on February 7, 2010
I got mine at Walgreen's this past friday for 5$ .... for that price it's a hoot .. my cat likes napping inside it ...
on April 4, 2009
I bought this for my cat and she loves it!!! She loves to find new ways to pounce inside!! Easy to assemble, My cat loves to play with it, and it provides hours of enjoyment. Inside, there is a ribbon, and my cat will just lay in there and play with it. Material is a little flimsy, but my cat has not destroyed it yet!!! Don't make a mistake and buy some boring cube, Buy this product, I highly reccomend it!