Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 31, 2012
As it turns out, this product is quite useful, but anybody that buys it should be aware that it is a disposable device with a short battery life. It is made in China and I believe the electronics are probably reliable except for the fact that it is paired with an unfit battery. This product will work at maximum for only six months if you swim everyday. Given the facts, this is an expensive device unless you are swimmer that has money!
22 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2010
I have done considerable research and found this to be the best counter for my needs. I swim three times a week and this was perfect.

Pros-easy to use, fits on finger, and waterproof.

Cons-to have battery replaced by company you have to pay $10 and pay to have it shipped. This is half the cost of the item. Might as well buy a new counter once this one stops working. Counter is not shock resistant so be careful about dropping it. Band seems flimsy although I've had no problems with it. For now, on Amazon.com, sold only through third party vendor. This means that you have to also pay shipping. Found the same item on ebay, for the same price, with free shipping. In short, cheaper to buy on ebay (for now).

I would highly recommend this item. Best lap counter for swimming.
on December 26, 2007
This little baby is fantastic. It is so easy to use and you barely know it is there. It is uncomplicated. Just press one button. Other swimming waterproof lap counters require a PHD to figure out and make function. This is so simple I got my dog one,too. We swim together.
11 comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2012
It worked well for two weeks.
Then the battery died.
I went to a licensed jeweler to replace battery.
As sooon as I put it the water it stopped working.
The jeweler said that the water proof seal is not meant to be broken.
Therefore it is a "disposable " expensive Lap counter.
44 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2013
All I needed was a simple device to count laps while swimming. This device does all that very easily. Great product!

Update: I returned the LapCounter for a refund. It quit working after less than a month. I went to use it and the display was garbled and it froze. I normally would return for a new credit, but too many others have had the same issue.
on February 19, 2009
This is my third SportCount, but first with the new model. The Chrono 100 now counts up to 100 laps (previous was only 50) which is great for shorter tracks or pool laps. After 100, the unit keeps timing and counting but only stores the most recent 100 lap times. The single button takes very little effort to press; I have yet to miss a click or double-click (a problem with previous design).

A few drawbacks warrant 4 stars instead of 5. The unit only displays the lap number immediately after clicking. Look fast because it only displays for 3 seconds. It does not display running lap time, only running total time. I am also concerned how sturdy the strap will be. The previous model had a replaceable strap whereas the strap for this design is integrated into the body of the unit.

Fantastic little unit. Lightweight, no larger than a class ring and easy to operate with one hand. Very clear display. Great addition to a track or pool workout.
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2014
This is simply a very expensive item to count swim laps. There is no audible beep, or click, to let you know that your button has registered a lap. It is also very difficult to fit to your finger. It's always either slipping off in the pool, or it's so tight, your finger becomes numb. The strap is very difficult to fit on your finger, due to the characteristics of the keeper. I hate this thing.
on August 3, 2009
I purchased one of these lap counters to keep track of how many laps around my pool I walk. It works great and is water resistant. Just be careful when you order that you are ordering the correct one. Thanks to another review that I read, I was made aware that they have one of these that counts laps (like this one). And they have a different one that is a stopwatch. I have looked all over for anything comparable and haven't come across any other water resistant lap counters that you can actually use in a swimming pool. I have had this one for a few months now and use it just about every day. I haven't had any trouble with mine. Also, because you wear it on one finger, it's very convenient.
on February 14, 2008
this fits perfectly on me and my husband. Fits any size perfectly. This is the best way to swim laps and not loose count.
on October 3, 2010
My mom loves using this lap counter to go swimming. Completely waterproof, fits snugly enough not to come off, yet wears comfortably. It really takes away the annoyance of forgetting what lap you're on in the pool. I give it a full recommendation.