Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 30, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was very excited to try out this product. It seemed like a great idea for camping or for turning your kitchen table into a ping pong table and for the most part it works very well.

I only ran into one big problem and that was that the clamp didn't open large enough to clamp on any of the tables in our house. It was too small to accommodate any table with a lip thicker than two inches and it has absolutely no give where that is concerned It took me a while but I finally found a table in our basement with a small enough lip and then it worked great.

The net keeps good tension and the grips hold onto the table well. It accommodates a variety of table widths (although my husband and I found it was hard to play on a table that was too short or too narrow just because you aren't used to it). Definitely something that I think will be wonderful for camping. You can easily clip it on to a picnic table and have instant ping pong :-)

The net bag that everything comes in makes it very portable and wonderful for on-the-go ping pong.

Good:
- Net stays firm
- Stays on table well
- Accommodates a variety of table widths
- Storage bag fits all of the equipment nicely and is great for carrying everything around
- Would be wonderful for using on picnic tables and for camping

Bad:
- The clips only accommodate a depth of under two inches, so check the depth of your table lip before ordering
this.

Overall we are very happy with this. I just wish I would have measured my big tables upstairs to make sure that it would fit on one of them.
VINE VOICEon March 1, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Sportcraft Anywhere Table Tennis set is a simple kit that will turn any table into a table tennis table. It is easy to use and a great way to keep your kids busy for hours.

The kits consists of two posts with integrated net, two paddles, 3 balls, and a nylon mesh bag to store the set up in. The kit is light weight, compact, and could easily fit into a suitcase for travel.

Set up is simple. The net is 63.5 inches, is spring loaded, and retracts between the two end posts. It has enough slack to easily fit on a five-foot wide table. The bottom of the posts can be hitched onto a table top with a thickness of up to two inches. Ideally, having a lip of 1 to 1 1/2 inches is ideal, but a 1/2 inch lip is good enough to hold the net stably. The part of the posts that grip the table are rubberized, but you still might want to have a cushion of paper or cloth between the table and the post to avoid scratching.

Once the net is set up, you can start playing. The game will be more authentic if your table is smooth, hard, and closer in size to a regulation table tennis table. Smaller tables may be more challenging and a rough or irregular surface may make the game less like real table tennis. But even though your table might not be up to the Olympic standards, this doesn't seem to take away any of the fun of the game. I initially set this up on our dining room table because it was the largest table in the house. I made the decision to leave a thin tablecloth on the table, to avoid damage from the posts and scratching from the bouncing of ping pong balls. The tablecloth slowed down the game just a bit, but did protect the table's surface and the kids didn't seem to mind. The slight cushioning from the tablecloth slowed down the game a bit. That might seem like a liability, but actually made the game more playable for my eight year old, who otherwise might not have been as competitive. I tried it on two smaller sized tables and the results were different in terms of play but had the same fun factor.

The posts and the net are solidly constructed. The paddles are decidedly mediocre: you could certainly purchase higher grade paddles if you were interested, but these were just fine for those of us who only casually play the game. The balls are somewhat thick walled, a little slower, and a little less bouncy than your usual ping pong ball. Even so, they were more than serviceable for the purposes of playing table tennis and the thickness made them a little more kid-friendly when it comes to breakage.

All in all, the kit worked better than I had imagined. I was pleasantly surprised and my kids were occupied for hours. I received this set through the Amazon Vine program, but the pricing looks appropriate. A great time was had by all--Recommended.
VINE VOICEon February 8, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This has proven to be a lot of fun. It works great on most tables! I've used it on a large folding banquet table and also on smaller household tables. The retractable net did not leave marks on the nice dining room table, which is a big plus! The paddles and ball are regulation size.

I cannot wait to take this camping, to the beach, and to enjoy it during cookouts this summer! We're having a blast with it in the house during the winter!

I would definitely recommend this and plan on giving it as a gift to an upcoming housewarming party!
on April 15, 2012
I have only had this table tennis set for two days, but I can tell you that my family (including wife and four-year-old son) has enjoyed playing table tennis on our formal dinning table. First off, I never really liked our formal dining table. That said, I never would have imagined using it for a ping pong table. The end-posts of the net attach firmly to the edges of the table, even more securely than some of the nets that were included with ping pong tables I have owned. Quality of the paddles and balls is another subject altogether; however, you're really spending your money on the net. If you're looking for high-quality paddles, you shouldn't even be thinking of playing on anything else but a real ping pong table, IMO.

With regards to the 2-star review given by the gentleman's wife: I'd argue that, unless you are inside a sleeping bag and resting with your face on top of this table tennis set, the probability of getting cancer is somewhat low. If you are worried about potential effects of a possible formaldehyde-laced product in your home (who knows if the product contains an unsafe level or not), this may help: [...]

Again, I've only had his for two days. If I start having symptoms of unremitting pain and signs of substantial weight-loss, I might update my rating for this product. Until then, I'll be enjoying playing this at home (where it's in a ventilated room, being played whenever we feel like a game as opposed to all day/everyday, and removed/stored away when we don't use it).
on September 1, 2011
The net is really well designed and thought out. It works with tables six inches to five feet wide and up to two inches thick. The the post clamps are soft plastic where they touch the table. This helps keep it securely in place and is not likely to scratch the surface. The retraction mechanism keep the net taught.
The paddles are good quality. More than enough for casual play.
The balls are not lively, a bit slow. Considering the average table and that users are not likely to be pro's, this is probably a good choice for most players.
It comes with a simple net bag to keep the whole kit in. Very compact an light, easy to take along. It's overall high quality plastic and should survive kids play for a long time.
I set it up on a large kitchen island with a formica top and it works really well for some quick fun. I would not hesitate to buy it again.
on December 5, 2013
I bought this table tennis set to use on our dining table, which doesn't get much use. It installs in less than 30 seconds and then you are ready to talk smack to you kids and tell them how you were the ping pong champ in high school and that there is no way they will beat you. It turned our under used dining table in to a fun activity for the whole family. It has been holding up very well and the net stays taught and in place. The paddles are entry level, but this is just for family fun. I use a nicer paddle which I bought a few years ago. When you have guests coming over, it is just as easy to take down and it comes with a nice net bag to store the paddles, balls and net in.
on July 17, 2012
I spend a significant amount of time on the road, and this little set will be a regular companion for group outings.

This is by far the best portable table tennis set on the market. I've seen other portable kits that use screw-type clamps to mount. This one uses a spring-loaded gripper, push down on the blue slider, and the mouth opens up ready to bite a table. The net is coiled inside the vertical mounts, so there's no net mess when it's packed up, and setting up is as quick as pulling the verticals away from each other.

The best part of using these is finding creative table shapes to play on. My "boat" shaped office conference table tapers at either end, and adds quite a bit of challenge. I've played in airports on 4x4' square tables (you can also play these diagonally as a diamond shaped table!), which makes for a very fast game, and I recently played on a 4' wide by 20' long table where we had to make double bounces legal to keep the game moving. Set it up next to a wall to play against yourself,

While the net and stand seems fairly sturdy, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the paddles. Kudos for actually using wooden paddles, but straight out of the packaging, the rubber is already starting to peel up from the wood. Even though they're brand new, they're already getting the rubber surface flop that all old paddles eventually get. Easy fix with some glue, but I feel like

However, even with the flawed paddles, if you like fun at all, for $10 this falls into the must-buy category.
on September 30, 2012
Great for kids to play anywhere. The spring loaded part could not stretch wide enough for a table that is a bit thick. You need to clip onto a board, so you will need to buy a board to place over a thick table. It can not really use it on a normal dinning table (not that you want to play ping pong on a dinning table but why not?). So some limitation but generally OK for use anywhere.
VINE VOICEon June 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Sportcraft Anywhere Table Tennis set is a handy way to enjoy some instant, spur of the moment fun. With this set, you don't need to worry about pulling out the large tennis table stored in the garage and finding a place to set it up. With Sportcraft Anywhere Table Tennis set, most any table can be quickly turned into a tennis table for immediate fun and entertainment.

This set consists of everything you need to play table tennis, except for the table, of course. All you do it anchor the two posts to a table, remove the balls and paddles, and the game is on. The posts can be attached to the edges of any table up to six feet, three inches in width and no more than 1.75 inches in thickness. The net itself is spring- mounted and the bases of the posts are rubberized to protect the table surface beneath.

We have multiple tables in my house and the one we tend to use for this game is our game room table. It is a little small (a larger, closer to regulation size table would be better), but the posts fit and it works just fine for my family, which includes two children who are still too young to play on a lager table anyway. One of my other tables isn't usable for this purpose because its edges are too thick, but I have two tables in the house that work just fine and considering that a table can be up to 1.75 inches in thickness and fit the posts, most households will likely have a table that works for this purpose.

This set comes complete with a pair of paddles and three balls. You need to keep track of the balls- they are small and will get lost if you're not careful. The paddles are not the greatest quality, but one has to remember that this set is intended more for the casual table tennis player. It isn't meant for the serious competitor and will likely not suffice for that purpose.

A good, physical, indoor game makes a nice change of pace from the usual board game and for this reason, I am glad I received the Sportcraft Anywhere Table Tennis set. It quickly turns most any table into a tennis table, saving families the space problems and expense of buying a regular table tennis set.
on March 9, 2015
It's hard for me to rate this set poorly given how much fun I've had with it and how cheap it is compared to a full ping pong table, but here are a couple warnings:
1. The paddles are cheap and noisy. People can hear you play from far away.
2. The net can't be used "anywhere." In order for the net to work, the two poles have to be pulled several feet apart so that the net is tight. In other words, if your table isn't wide enough, the two poles will be too close together and the net will sag.

All that said, if you can find a proper place to play, highly recommend.