Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD Kids Edition Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Now Deal of the Day

on April 5, 2009
I was looking everywhere for a good sturdy volleyball system that wasn't going to cost me more than $100. I went to Sports Authority several times and most of the systems that I saw there were made of very cheap looking PVC pipe and didn't have half the features of this great set. So I went and bought it from Target, which is actually where you are buying this set from even if you order from here.

So I bought it early in the morning one day before going to the beach. It must have taken us about half an hour to set up. It isn't very hard to follow the instructions that it brings and once you attach the tensioners on the pole, you never have to do it again, and everything else just snaps together. The included sand discs were a life saver because we quickly realized the stakes would not hold solid in the sand.

Once we had this thing set up, we found some other people on the beach and played a few games. When we got tired and were heading for the water, another group of people just started playing on our court! We told them that as long as they took care of it, that it was fine. One kid landed on one of the poles and nearly knocked it over, but all he had to do was pull it straight which only took a whole two seconds. After they were done, we played another 5 games. All in all it made our beach trip very very enjoyable and I love this thing. I'm looking forward to many more beach days with it. (I live in miami).

My only recommendation is that you go to walmart or a hardware store and buy 180 feet of cheap yellow rope because the very thin white one that comes with the set for marking the court boundaries is hard to see. Once you have the rope, tie or crimp the ends together. When you set up your court, simply stretch the rope in a rectangle, and now you have your more visible court boundary. You might also want to bring a small shovel with you to the beach to bury the sand discs. No hammer required unless you are playing lawn volleyball.
on August 5, 2014
I agree this product is very unstable and hard to stake in and one of my stakes on the pole snaped off!! It is definately poor quality
on June 25, 2009
The overall design is really poor, and the system is very unstable. The net is way too long and too narrow. The posts are difficult to keep upright. I don't recommend this product
on October 1, 2010
After using a cheap plastic net for a while, I upgraded to this set. It's a decent set itself--solid metal poles, good quality net.

Where the set falls down is in packing it up. It comes with a bag that isn't big enough to hold the poles and the net once it's assembled (the ratchets for the net get screwed on, and once on, make the poles take up more room in the bag). Also, the snaps used to connect the net to the pole get tangled in the net.

I'd much rather pay $10 extra and get this set with a decent-sized carry bag and little covers for the net snaps to avoid tangling. As it is, I have to carry my poles separately and spend an extra five minutes each time untangling the net. Not ideal.