Long established as the market leading textbook on sports law, this much-anticipated new edition offers a comprehensive and authoritative examination of the legal issues surrounding and governing sport internationally. Locating the legal regulation of sport within an explicit socio-economic context, this refocused edition is divided into four core parts: Governance & Sport; Commercial Regulation; Sports Workplace; and Safety in Sport.
Recent developments covered in this edition include:
- EU competition law interaction with sport under arts. 101 and 102 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union;
- the current World Anti-Doping Agency code;
- analysis of the recent Court of Arbitration for Sport Jurisprudence;
- reforms of the transfer system in team sports;
- anti-discrimination provisions in sport;
- engagement with match fixing;
- a focus on the legal context of 2012 London Olympics.
Essential reading for students studying sports law or sports-related courses, this textbook will also prove useful to sports law practitioners and sports administrators in need of a clear companion to the field.