Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: (HK) MD80 Mini DVR DV Sports Voice Video Recorder Spy Hidden Camera Support Micro SD Card
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 20, 2012
You won't find one this tiny for this price with this quality
By Hector L Torres
I've bought 2 cameras of this type for use at work. But this one knocks it out of the park. The case is built like a tank, it's very easy to use. The voice activated function is great. I'm using an 8gb chip in mine, so I can't talk about the quality problems I've heard about when using the 2gig chip that ships. I've used it the past couple days testing it by using the clip mount to clip it under my rear view mirror facing forward and I can tell you there are no police dashboard cameras that can beat the video. The camera focuses perfectly through the windshield and the angle of view is wide enough to capture a perfect scene. Low light is great. I plugged the camera in another computer without installing the drivers and it worked fine. Audio is a weak point and wind noise will wipe the audio. If your going to use this as a cruiser cam not sure how you would get external audio, but it will pick up the video well. I highly recommend it.
on September 3, 2012
Watch these videos made with the Mini DV mounted on electric RC airplanes:

Search YouTube 'alan drumheller' and watch my videos

Enjoy!

The Mini DV handles changing light conditions very well.
44 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2013
You know those days when something interesting happens and you wish you had a camera at the moment it happens? This little video cam comes to the rescue. I primarily use it as a dash cam. It's tiny size can be hung from the headliner and not be in the line of your vision. It has a wide angle view which will give a full view of both sides of the road in front of you. The video quality is very good for the small "spy camera" that it is. Very satisfactory video quality.

You'll find in some of the reviews that some people do not like the sound quality. When you use it as a dash cam, you will get some road noise. That can't be avoided. But have the cam set alone, hidden in a corner of a room, the sound quality will be just fine.

The approximate power duration for the rechargable battery is 1 hour and 45 minutes. Perfect for any short road trip. Be it your car, your motorcycle or bycycle, the kit included has the oppropriate mounts for your needs.

The videos are easily accessable to your computer.

The manual is my only gripe. The print is very small and in broken english. I searched google for a self help video. That worked out fine.

I recomend this cam to anybody who wishes for low-buck video dash cam. You just never know when something interesting is going to happen at any given time.
on October 5, 2013
This unit provides surprisingly smooth SD video for such a tiny little device. It's easy to use, charge, and the recorded video files work great on generic Windows (7) media player without any drivers or CODEC issues. It's very small and light, and I intend to tape it onto an R/C aircraft (wingtip, nose, tail, etc.) to record various aerial video perspectives of the flight(s).
on March 16, 2013
Horrible product. The first time I ordered it, it came looking like someone stomped on it. The gel case looked like it was rubbed against sandpaper, and 2 screws were missing. the product itself LOOKED great, (besides the gel case) and LOOKED like it would work. I tried to read the instructions, but they were horribly translated and hard to understand. I let it charge for about three days and it still wouldn't turn on. I opened it up and saw that there were no wires coming out of the battery, and realized why it wouldn't charge... I sent it back a week ago and I'm still waiting for a refund. Later I realized that it was missing the disk, and the outlet charger.
I ordered the same product again, but under a different seller hoping my chances would be better... but it wasn't. When it came it looked great(despite the face it was missing the disk and charger again...). The gel case was flawless and it contained all the screws, and it even turned on(unlike the other). Problem was when I was all in high hopes and all done charging, I put the sd card in and guess what? I clicked the recording button and it didn't record. I opened this one up again and saw the trigger for the button was smashed to hell, and I angrily threw it away... just my luck. If you want my advice, stay far away from this product. The price is too good to have equal results, and I'm still kicking myself in the head for ordering another.
on April 8, 2013
I hook it up to my laptop the battery never charged. I think the item, was suppose to bring a cd to install some type of program where you can see the set-ups or some thing like that. I found the same product in another webpage and, it did had a cd. I couldn't sent back cause I thru away the box and all the wrapping plastics that came with it before I try to use it and found out that it wasn't charging. I didn't ask , but am sure they wouldn't toke it back like that.
AND REMEMBER IT DOES NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS 7 OR HIGHER.
on August 12, 2012
I honestly didn't think this was going to be all that great a product and by no means is it the best little camera on the market, but for the price and how easy it is to hide, I am satisfied with it. The battery runs down faster than advertised but you really won't be using this for any length of time anyway. Doesn't do well in lowlight conditions though, so make sure you use it where there is a good light source. Pictures are clear to a point and don't expect any zoom or focusing, since this is a basic camera. Stills are decent enough, but reminiscent of early phone cameras. That said, if you are looking for something that's cheap and small just for filming short shots then this is a good deal.
on March 20, 2013
It is a great small package. I don't need all the attachments.
It takes practice using it without moving around. View angle could be a little wider and sound quality is not as good as the video. On the up side it is a great value for the price. I love it. Nobody knows you have it unless then have seen the camera before. Cops wear them.
Instructions are in Oriental/American and useless. You can get good instructions at [...]
on February 9, 2014
Reasons why we would buy this one...1. super small size 2. Comes with cool mounting clips for temporary or permanent 3. Of all the spy cams in the 5 to 25 dollar range,this one has best recording quality..its very good for a cheap camera.
NOW if you need I t to record straight out of box....."fuh get about it" not going to happen. Takes about an hour of your time to decipher worlds s***tiest chineese to english translated tech instructions,driver install, and then realize the colors of the LED lights on the cam don't correspond with whats in booklet! But when you figure out which color led means what ...your golden,easy peasy after learning curve, had mine for 2 years and still works fine, btw the box says its alloy construction..boloney,its plastic of course. If this one breaks some day, honestly i would pick the brand name one called MUVI its like 40 bucks but when you compare youll feel like ya stole it .
on August 11, 2013
I was looking for something I could use as a dash cam. I chose this unit because of the mounts that come with it and it is also pretty cheep in case it did not work for what I wanted. It does work very well though I sometimes have a problem with getting the angle just right since I used velcro to stick the mount to the dash. Both of the clip on mounts were broken when I received the package and that was obviously from being crushed in the postal system. The vendor replaced the broken parts very quickly and I am happy with them. I wish I could plug in the USB cable while the camera is mounted on the dash so I could preview the picture on my netbook computer before recording video but the interface is on the bottom of the camera and does not allow room for the cable.
I would recommend this camera for anyone who needs just basic video. The picture quality is not perfect but it is good enough to read license plates of cars stopped in front of you. Hand held videos are very jerky so you need to be very steady with them.