5.0 out of 5 stars Sportsstuff Cabana Islander
Published on August 11, 2007 by Micky Holmes

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs spare parts!
I’ve had two of these, and the cabana tent poles are too low-quality - the fiberglass splinters, the poles snap, and the ferrules, the metal sleeves that join the poles together, fail (yes, I had to learn that word).

Published 2 months ago by Mark Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sportsstuff Cabana Islander, August 11, 2007
Micky Holmes (Dallas, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great multi-person raft. We use it at our lakehouse. You can tie it off to the dock, drift out to where you want to be and drop anchor. When you are done just pull up the anchor and pull yourself back to the dock. You don't even have to get wet (although you will want to). The raft is lightweight so it is easy to manuever. The top is vented so that the wind passes through. This should help the top last longer. The hole in the middle is a blast and the extension for getting on the raft works better than I expected. This was a great purchase for us and we are enjoying it a great deal. It's the first thing everyone wants to do when they come to the lake. I found the best price through Amazon.com. While tying off the cooler to the raft works great, it would be nice if the cooler was sized to fit the hole so that you could place it inside the raft if you wanted. Other than that, an excellently designed product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made for adults, August 12, 2013
This review is from: SPORTSSTUFF 54-1920A Cabana Islander (Sports)
I used this on 2 long weekends at the lake this summer and it's great. It's probably not sturdy enough to handle kids/teenagers rough housing on it, but for adults just lounging on the lake, I expect it to last several summers. Be prepared for other boaters/campers to swing by and inquire about it's cost and where to order it.

The description says it will fit up to 6 people. That's a bit generous. The float wouldn't sink or rupture from the weight, but there's not enough real estate for 6 people to comfortably hang out for very long. Functionally, my group rarely had more than 2 people on it at once, though 2 couples would be cozy yet comfortable.

The awning can be a little tricky to setup. I managed to break a section of the pole on my first attempt. The poles are 8.5 mm in diameter, and this replacement set from Eureka was exactly the right length too:

Eureka Tent Fiberglass Pole 8 5 mm

Final note: This float does not ship with a storage/transport bag. I found this one (the 42x25 size) to be just the right size, and sturdy enough to handle the considerable weight (I'd guess it weighs nearly 50lbs uninflated/dry):

B0000AUTD6

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, August 21, 2011
Bought this to hang out on the lake with friends and relax and it's perfect - plenty of room and very sturdy! It has endured kids diving from it from all directions. I put a small anchor weight on it and the raft stays in place so you don't have to worry about floating away - very nice!

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs spare parts!, June 21, 2014
This review is from: SPORTSSTUFF 54-1920A Cabana Islander (Sports)

This could easily be fixed with a link to buy spare parts, or even better, to buy an upgraded tent pole assembly. I’ve searched the web and cannot find replacement ferrules.

So both of mine are now fairly useless in the sun.

For an item in this price range, it should be more robust.

I’ll revisit this review when the company offers spare parts, or makes better poles and ferrules.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST FLOAT EVER!, August 5, 2014
This review is from: SPORTSSTUFF 54-1920A Cabana Islander (Sports)
We were looking for a float with shade to use while hanging out on our boat. This was much bigger than than we thought we needed, but it was the only one that seemed to truly provide shade, so we ordered it. It arrived on time, and was easy to inflate with a pump (purchased separately) that connects to the boat battery. The canopy goes up like a tent, and is much easier if you have 2 people assembling. Once it is up (in about 5 minutes), we tie it off to our boat and enjoy. It is made of good sturdy quality, and sways back and forth in the breeze. The cooler holds a lot, and can be used on the float as a table (love the cup holders!), or sitting in the water, tied off to the float. We use the same pump to deflate the float. We pull the tent poles out of the cabana, but keep the cabana attached to the float when not in use. WE LOVE IT! Wouldn't trade it for anything!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, July 18, 2013
This review is from: SPORTSSTUFF 54-1920A Cabana Islander (Sports)
I've had it out at the lake twice now. It has been fantastic so far. We don't have enough room on our boat for everyone so we take turns between floating and swimming around the island. The cooler is definitely a nice feature which is a must if you are going to be out on the water awhile. We also use a small anchor to keep it from drifting or tie it up to the boat. Definitely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, September 15, 2013
This review is from: SPORTSSTUFF 54-1920A Cabana Islander (Sports)
great idea. wanted to use this in the river.. i could see the shade portion functioning as a sale and pulling you with the wind.. would be very nice in lake being stationary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big hit at the lake this year!!!, August 15, 2013
This review is from: SPORTSSTUFF 54-1920A Cabana Islander (Sports)
We loved this so much! It was easy to put together and had so much room. We were able to fit 4-5 adults or 4 adults and 2 kids and a dog!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, July 31, 2013
This review is from: SPORTSSTUFF 54-1920A Cabana Islander (Sports)
Very strong and durable. Easy to put together. I would buy one every year if I needed to.
Large and private.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beauty!, June 18, 2013
This review is from: SPORTSSTUFF 54-1920A Cabana Islander (Sports)
We haven't been able to use it yet because Winter has just started here in Australia but really looking forward to setting it up and floating around like some sort of millionaire

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›