Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 15, 2011
We bought this tent for occasional, "fair weather" use, not expecting or planning to camp with it in adverse conditions or weather. As a long-time camper and backpacker, I am pleased with the simplicity and ease of putting this tent up. As a "universal" model, the portal which connects the tent to the vehichle is well-designed and attaches to my Chevrolet Venture van as well as it does to my ('01) Ford Explorer. The versatility of design and construction allows for very easy disconnect to go "free-standing" status. Tent has good access to lots of ventilation/view with its multiple door/windows (with easy-to-use flaps for privacy or weather). We have found no negatives of this product in our experience thus far. I wish that this tent was available in rip-stop nylon construction, as I would have paid the extra amount,(but this is NOT a complaint, as I knew that the construction was nylon tafetta only).
VINE VOICEon March 16, 2013
Subaru Forester + Sportz Dome tent = win at car camping. I spent a great deal of time deliberating which "SUV tent" to purchase, and finally decided that the Sportz by Napier brand looked like the best bet. They have several choices, and I finally decided to get the "small one" because I was planning some solo camping or trips with DH. Only after I ordered this one did I find the excellent company website sportzbynapier, where I found that their dome style is for "hatchbacks and CUVs", whereas the others are for SUVs. (except the truck ones, but that is obvious). So I guessed right. Maybe knowing this will save someone the trouble of trying to decide.

I just got the tent today, and had my son who has lots of tent camping experience, basically set it up for me for the first go round, so this is a preliminary report. Overall we decided that it is a very good tent, well thought out and with good features, extremely tall and plenty roomy. We wish that the company had waterproofed the tent, but at least they did include instructions for that, so don't forget to do it. It has an extra rain tarp that shuts the thing down quite tightly, but the windows of the tarp roll neatly back out of the way, so might as well set it up that way to begin with, then you will be prepared in case the weather turns bad. He set the thing up in a few minutes on the first try without instructions. I believe it will be challenging for me to do it alone, but the process is pretty straightforward.

Car-to-tent camping is a great idea as I can sleep off the ground on my new perfectly fitting Coleman SUV mattress; and I can stow all my gear in the tent and have it out of my way, but close to me at the same time. I'll have plenty of room to hang out or do whatever in my tent, and, if you have a group, you'll have room to sleep four in it nicely, too. It is over seven feet tall, but you can see that it is designed that way because it stands next to your car with it's wide open hatch and the connector sleeve has to go up high over it. It cinches nicely around the car for a good fit. After we got it set up, we dragged the tent over to my son's big family SUV--a Nissan Pathfinder--to see if it would also fit there. It didn't. So if you have a "real" SUV, get the other style by Sportz. The Dome works well for Subarus and other crossovers and hatchbacks. Happy trails!
on June 24, 2014
This was an annoying experience from the day I received the tent. I have a 2007 Honda Fit Sport.
I spent over an hour setting this tent up and following the directions to the letter to only find out that it didn't fit.

After getting the tent set up, the portion on the back of my car, no amount of tightening was making the gaps on the side of my car close. It was kind of like putting on an extra large skirt on a toddler.

I finely gave up. I packed it back up put it back in the box it came in and applied for a refund and to send it back.

Five days later I hear a response from autotrenz that they will contact the manufactures and ask for a refund. Yup, I'm like huh?! Since it was sold by them why can't they give me the refund since I paid them? First moment of annoyance. So I wait a few more days nothing from them. I finally email them again to find out what is going on. The next day after asking again I get the return address, they also give me a break down of what my refund would be. Turns out I would have to pay their shipping, restocking fee and return shipping which amounted to over 80 dollars. I complaining about it with no response, then finally I get a response stating that the tent manufacturers claim it fits any hatchback. I respond that it doesn't fit mine. After back and forth banter that gets me no where, I just send the tent back.

Long story short, don't expect to send this tent back for a refund, even if it doesn't fit or even if it's flawed in some way. This company is terrible and there customer service is horrible. What a waste of 80 dollars.
on August 7, 2012
After 1st time set up tent goes up pretty quickly, the tent seems to be ok with one exception being on the sleeve that goes on the suv the bottom on each side has 1 to 2 inches that you have to put plastic or something in the opening to block holes, also for no apparent reason in the bottom in the middle it has 3 ring holes that also have to be plugged, makes no sense, design flaw. For the tent part if it rains a little without the rain fly {1 to 2 minutes} their are no leaks as long as you have the screen window and door closed even with no seam sealer. Another flaw is this little flap that holds together the hole with velcro seems to come open and allows bugs to get in, to avoid that don't stake it unless the hole is secure with the velcro. That really serves no purpose and should be left out in the design (its stupid). If you have a midsize Suv don't get this tent. When you raise the hatchback it pulls up each corner about a foot off the ground near the vehicle. It said it would fit a hatchback but the hatch stays right were you hit yor head if you don't duck. One more thing is the stakes that come with it are to small and useless. Overall it is a decent tent and pretty roomy for 1 to 2 people.
Amazon had the best price so buy it there.
on May 25, 2012
Delivered on time so I could enjoy the event, lots of zippers (good ones) so you can have multiple configurations of openings-can even lower the rain fly from inside the tent so you don't get wet if it unexpectedly starts raining. Easy for one person to assemble and disassemble, high ceiling-suprisingly so since it is a dome,fits securely on vehicle (i.e. no "no-see-ums" got in) easy to carry in the bag.Bag has an extra zipper in the bottom to slightly expand it so you can have a bit larger bag and it all still fits. Used it twice so far, not only have I enjoyed it but friends saw and are ordering(they have a SUV so can get the one with the screen room attachment).
on September 9, 2012
I bought this tent when I still owned a VW Sportwagen but never used it until this weekend. I was surprised how easy it was to set up and how well it is made. The windows and doors are large and easy to open and close. The tent is tall so you can stand up in it which is a real nice feature. It held up great during the rain last night. It's roomy enough for 2 adults and a couple little kids. I would buy it again.

Update: I still like this tent but the last time I used it when it rained hard the tent leaked.
on November 18, 2014
Easily put up by myself. Works as advertised. One problem with vehicle, 2015 Subaru Outback, I attached it to with the hatch lights not turning off when open even after time which would lead to battery drain. No easy fix for that problem.
on October 15, 2013
I haven't had a chance to use this with my Audi Wagon yet, but I set it up in the yard to seal the seams and make sure I could do it on my own and it worked very well. The rain tarp is already sealed so that was an added bonus.
on January 9, 2014
The product arrived on time and nice packaged and was a good price. The tent itself comes in 3 parts plus poles and pegs. The pegs do not work well on hard ground. They bend when being hammered in. MSR ground hog pegs work much better.
The tent is easy to put up and the vehicle skirt is the only tricky if you can call it that part of putting it together. I have used the tent whilst hunting in the mountains in -15 and a snow storm. It was fairly easy to put up even in a blizzard. The vehicle connection is ideal as in that type of weather we were able to prepare a meal on the truck tailgate whilst inside the tent.
The fly makes it very waterproof and it is easy to enter and exit the tent.
The ability to stand up inside even if 6' is a real plus.
The only con I have found in 2 plus years of ownership is the poles. They are very long when put together as this makes for a minimal pole setup but if not seated correctly in the sleeves during assembly and whilst threading through the tent sleeves you can split a pole segment. Easy repaired with a fibreglass repair kit but a pain none the less.
on April 5, 2015
Excellent tent to append to a small hatchback! We put it on our Prius for a camping --the rear of the car fits into kind of a big sleeve on one side of the tent. You can, however, disconnect the car from the sleeve and zip the tent closed and leave it standing while you drive around for the day. Two straps go to the front of the car and two more we hooked to our wheel spokes, but the whole shebang is stable enough that we did not feel the need to stake it down. We slept in the car and used the tent as a living and dining room, but you could also have people sleeping in the tent. I did, however, use a cord to hold the Prius hatch about 6 inches lower than its full open position as it seemed to fit the tent better that way. You also have to check the tent is snugged up underneath the car if you are in a buggy environment.