5.0 out of 5 stars Nice preschool book

Published 8 months ago by Judi1080

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice preschool book, January 9, 2007
jendel (Basking Ridge, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spot Goes to School (color) (Paperback)
I bought this book to prepare my daughter for preschool. It shows Spot's mom dropping him off at school, Spot's friends at school, the activities that he participate in when he gets there and that he is having fun, and all the mom's picking the kid animals up afterwards. I bought many first day at preschool books, and I like this one because it is a fun way to show them what to expect without getting too serious like a lot of the other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for toddler, October 9, 2011
This review is from: Spot Goes to School (color) (Paperback)
My 2 1/2 yr daughter loved this week. It is a flip book and at her age that is very attractive. It also shows spot having lots of fun and although a little shy as he starts the day it does not show him crying. I was looking for books that helped her see how mom will not be with her and how she will come back to pick her up with out showing the preschooler crying and this one was perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this book, bad ending though., May 16, 2013
This review is from: Spot Goes to School (color) (Paperback)
We change the ending to something more exciting every time we read it to my son. Interactive like most of Eric Hill's books and we give 4 stars because its one of my son's favorites.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Series, September 6, 2014
We have five of the series: Spot's Windy Day, Spot Goes splash, Spot's First Walk,
Spot Goes to the Farm and Spot Goes to School.

My three-year old son loves the series, asking us to read all the books almost three
times a day. This, even when he has a number of books.

Spot is a cute little pup, doing things the way kids do, with little fear and sense of
wonder. Children identify with the pup in the way it explores life around. Out of all
the books we have, three have flaps. Children are always eager to
lift the flap and see what is hidden there. It is like playing a 'peek a boo' game with
the pup around!

Why four stars then? In the presence of new books in the market, these books do seem
dated. That's all. In 1995, I would have given if all five.

I must mention minimal text and that too in large letters as one of the books' strong points.

3.0 out of 5 stars All over the place, April 16, 2014
This review is from: Spot Goes to School (Board book)
Not too fond of how this book was written, the story is all over the place, there are some things that I think should of been added to make it more complete..when reading this to my daughter I sort of fill some areas as I'm reading, its like there are sentences missing or words..that could make it more complete. Hard to explain. I know its a childrens book, but its just not fun to read..

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Spot Goes to School (color) (Paperback)
excellent books to read and we love Spot and the other stories, great condition, great transaction , perfect will buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot fan, October 19, 2013
My daughter loves the Spot books, so i got this for her and its another favourite on the book shelves!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2yr old toddler Loves this book!, October 11, 2013
Terri Smith (Saint Paul, MN) - See all my reviews
A nice fun read for a 2 year old who loves to lift flaps and goes to daycare (which we call "School").

2.0 out of 5 stars spot books, October 10, 2013
This review is from: Spot Goes to School (color) (Paperback)
We love spot, but this book is paperback and therefore not as sturdy for my 1 year old son who needs a boardbook. if you are looking for a spot board book, this is not what you want to order.

the story is cute though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the Story But Thought it would be a board book., May 13, 2013
This review is from: Spot Goes to School (color) (Paperback)
Great story - one of my favorites but was under the impression it was a board book and it is really a paperback book...not great for my 16 month old who likes to rip paper!! But such a cute story anyways. :)

Spot Goes to School (color)
Spot Goes to School (color) by Eric Hill (Paperback - July 22, 2004)
$6.99