Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon November 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
OK, so I love the original Spot It! game. The concept is fantastic - every two cards in the game have exactly one matching symbol - be the first to identify that symbol and you win. There are tons of ways you can play this game to keep it fresh and fun, and this game does include the original Spot It!, albeit with different symbols on the cards.

Unfortunately, this box is also full of a bunch of useless stuff that you really don't need. "Party" edition basically means that you get a little Spot It! statuette, and eight card holding devices, plus the original game. The cards themselves still play just fine, which means that you'll end up with a lot of extra pieces and a way-too-big box to have to store.

The game itself is great fun, but the extra pieces add nothing, so I'd recommend sticking with the basics.
"Spot it! Party" is a family game featuring a deck of Spot it! cards. The cards come with a bit unusual symbols that cannot be found in usual card games like a plunger, the headphones, and others. Additionally every card on it has eight different symbols and only two cards have exactly one sharing symbol. For the simplest Spot it! game players will reveal one by one card, and player who spots the symbol in common on both cards can claim the first card. Next, another card would be revealed for players to search, and game moves on. On the end, whoever has collected the most cards of the deck that consist of 55 cards will win.

There is an option for extended gameplay due to eight colored card holders and a mascot. The mascot is a totem that looks like the hand in the game's logo and with it there are six additional mini-games called "Dynamite", "Double Frenzy", "The Race", "The Tower"..., in which basic gameplay is broaden with extra features like looking out for opportunities to steal or pass the hand mascot to extend possibility of winning.

I can recommend "Spot it! Party" as funny family game, that doesn't last long, and especially if there are more kids older than 8 years although on the box advised age is 10+ years.
on January 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The original "Spot It!" was one of our best family game finds of the last 5 years. We've given it as gifts to several families who've taken it global, winning new converts along the way. It's simple to learn (with a quick explanation, you'll be playing in 2 minutes) and fun for anyone who can match shapes. Younger players (under 8) might get lost in the shuffle and speed of an adult-dominated game, but simple modifications can help them feel involved as well.

The brilliance of this game is that there are a number of shapes on each card, with each card having EXACTLY ONE matching symbol with every other card. (How do they do that?!) All you have to do is find your matching symbol with the card in the middle quicker than anyone else in the game. Sound easy? It can be. Then again, there will be times when you SWEAR there isn't a match on your card. There is, you're just not seeing it. (I've actually called "time out" before just so I could satisfy my curiosity because I simply couldn't find my stinkin' match.)

Since there is one match between every card, it doesn't matter if you lose a card or two. It doesn't affect the game at all. So, no worries, parents of little ones! You can actually lose game pieces here! Woo-hoo! The "party board game" doesn't actually add much to the gameplay over the original tin, so if you're torn between the two, save a few bucks and get the cards-only version. The upside here is mostly for experienced players: there are new symbols, which tends to level the playing field a bit for those who aren't experienced Spot It! gamers.

Spot It! is true fun for the whole family.
on April 14, 2014
This is a great family game, fun for both kids and adults. We have 4 girls ages 3, 6, 8, & 10 years old, and they all enjoy playing this game. The card deck has 55 cards and each card has a least one matching item with all the other cards. There are multiple ways to play, but all play modes involve finding matches between cards. Most play modes can be used based on how much time you have to play, this is great for our busy family. It allows us to play a quick game when time is short and a longer one when we have more time. At first, due to the simplicity of matching items on the card, my impressions were that this is a simple kid’s game. But I was wrong, after playing it a few times, with the varying sizes/layouts of the pictures, I on multiple occasions would be staring at two cards for a few minutes thinking there was no match, just as my daughter would yell out a match!
on December 25, 2013
So, I was going to buy my daughter the Spot It card game for the holidays because we play Spot It, Jr all the time and I thought she could use more of a challenge. This version was on sale for practically the same price as just the cards so I went ahead and bought it. You can just play with the cards, which is always fun, but the 6 variations they offer in the instructions are also fun and mix things up a bit (sometimes you are trying to win the most cards, others you are trying to get rid of your cards. Sometimes you play the whole deck, others are more "speed" versions where you only need to get six cards before you can win the game. I like the addition of the Spot It hand, which allows you to claim the hand and the current pair without actually matching. This is a great equalizer for when someone gets far ahead of another player. Overall, I'm really happy with this purchase and my daughter loves it. I don't know if it's worth that much more than just the deck, though.
on January 4, 2014
We had earlier bought Spot It Junior Animals for ours kids and its been an absolute hit. The game is so awesome that even we adults have enjoyed the Junior version. Encouraged by that, we bought this version which is recommended for ages 10 to adult.

This version of the game is equally awesome. The rules and basic game remains the same. There are 55 cards and around 50 different symbols. We play it in couple of different ways - but the basic idea is to spot the common symbol between two cards as quickly as possible. The game also includes a few accessories, but we haven't found them much useful really. We also miss the nice tin box to keep all the cards in a small travel bag.

In any case, I would highly recommend the game. I don't know why this is rated for 10+ ages. As far as I can tell, even my 5 year old can play this version equally well. She will of course need to remember a lot more symbols. But its not too difficult.

I will recommend the following variants in the order of preference:

1. Spot It Junior Animals (all age groups would love this)
2. Spot It (more suited for 7+, but 5+ can play too)
3. Spot It! Basic English (more suited for 5-8)
4. Spot It! Alphabet (more suited for 3-5)
5. Spot It! Numbers and Shapes Children, Kids, Game (more suited for 3-5)
on November 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Our family favorite is the I SPY EAGLE EYE game - but the kids have all 8 boards memorized, so it's a losing battle for the rest of us! This game, SPOT IT, however is a ton of fun. Our youngsters are VERY aggressive - so there is the added hand slapping the whole pile along with yelling out the name and HAND when the occasion arises. My 9 year old daughter could play this all day long. I have suggested that she bring it in to share with her class. Logistically, I am not sure how this would work - I think you need a round table equal distance to the center for 8 players - otherwise you won't see the cards as well as your neighbor. There are five different ways to play this - our two favorites were the one card at a time, try to get the most cards and the hand to give you four more card-points - and then the opposite - where you try to get rid of all of your cards and the annoying hand that can add 4 cards on at the end. The red holder things that came with the game? Well, we didn't use these at all. The game moves VERY fast and can be VERY loud - be warned! I don't think it has to get physical - the slap fest seems to be our added tradition ;-)
on May 15, 2015
What a fun game for parties with a mix of kids and adults. Great for those with tweens that want to play too. Do it now before they turn into teens and don't want anything to do with you! It's a matching game where you have to find the matching image on each card. Call it first and you keep the card. It's a fast paced game that will keep everyone at the table paying attention!
on February 10, 2014
My family and I love to play Spot-It!! We have both the original and the "Party" version. To be totally honest, just buy the original version with just the cards. The "party" version really doesn't add a lot of variety to the game. It's basically the same cards, but they give you the "hand" toy as an added game play. Every time you see the hand on the card, someone has to grab the big hand. Honestly, if you want to play this mini game, you can still do it with the original cards using any household item. We actually play using various household objects. We have a small stuffed zebra that we use, a glove (rather than the hand toy), eyeglasses, etc. One of our mini-games is to see who can collect and hold on to as many items as they can by the end of the game.

If you use your imagination, this game can be HOURS of fun!!!
on March 18, 2016
Really fun, easy to learn game for all ages!! The husband and I enjoying playing with just the 2 of us, but it's especially exciting to play with a large group and in teams. This has been a huge hit at family get togethers and with our friends too. Highly recommended to everyone!!

See 1 answered question