Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

VINE VOICEon November 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
OK, so I love the original Spot It! game. The concept is fantastic - every two cards in the game have exactly one matching symbol - be the first to identify that symbol and you win. There are tons of ways you can play this game to keep it fresh and fun, and this game does include the original Spot It!, albeit with different symbols on the cards.

Unfortunately, this box is also full of a bunch of useless stuff that you really don't need. "Party" edition basically means that you get a little Spot It! statuette, and eight card holding devices, plus the original game. The cards themselves still play just fine, which means that you'll end up with a lot of extra pieces and a way-too-big box to have to store.

The game itself is great fun, but the extra pieces add nothing, so I'd recommend sticking with the basics.
22 comments38 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 25, 2013
"Spot it! Party" is a family game featuring a deck of Spot it! cards. The cards come with a bit unusual symbols that cannot be found in usual card games like a plunger, the headphones, and others. Additionally every card on it has eight different symbols and only two cards have exactly one sharing symbol. For the simplest Spot it! game players will reveal one by one card, and player who spots the symbol in common on both cards can claim the first card. Next, another card would be revealed for players to search, and game moves on. On the end, whoever has collected the most cards of the deck that consist of 55 cards will win.

There is an option for extended gameplay due to eight colored card holders and a mascot. The mascot is a totem that looks like the hand in the game's logo and with it there are six additional mini-games called "Dynamite", "Double Frenzy", "The Race", "The Tower"..., in which basic gameplay is broaden with extra features like looking out for opportunities to steal or pass the hand mascot to extend possibility of winning.

I can recommend "Spot it! Party" as funny family game, that doesn't last long, and especially if there are more kids older than 8 years although on the box advised age is 10+ years.
on January 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The original "Spot It!" was one of our best family game finds of the last 5 years. We've given it as gifts to several families who've taken it global, winning new converts along the way. It's simple to learn (with a quick explanation, you'll be playing in 2 minutes) and fun for anyone who can match shapes. Younger players (under 8) might get lost in the shuffle and speed of an adult-dominated game, but simple modifications can help them feel involved as well.

The brilliance of this game is that there are a number of shapes on each card, with each card having EXACTLY ONE matching symbol with every other card. (How do they do that?!) All you have to do is find your matching symbol with the card in the middle quicker than anyone else in the game. Sound easy? It can be. Then again, there will be times when you SWEAR there isn't a match on your card. There is, you're just not seeing it. (I've actually called "time out" before just so I could satisfy my curiosity because I simply couldn't find my stinkin' match.)

Since there is one match between every card, it doesn't matter if you lose a card or two. It doesn't affect the game at all. So, no worries, parents of little ones! You can actually lose game pieces here! Woo-hoo! The "party board game" doesn't actually add much to the gameplay over the original tin, so if you're torn between the two, save a few bucks and get the cards-only version. The upside here is mostly for experienced players: there are new symbols, which tends to level the playing field a bit for those who aren't experienced Spot It! gamers.

Spot It! is true fun for the whole family.
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We love Spot It. It's one of my favorite games to play with the kids, as it doesn't bore me to tears like Sorry or Trouble or Monopoly Junior. I thought this version would have some additional twists that made it different than the original game, which we already have. It's the same deck, but includes the accessories. So if you don't already have Spot It, this is a great choice. If you do already have Spot It, this will be superfluous.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This has to be one of the cutest new games for kids on the market today. The idea is simple. You have a pack of cards and your job is to spot two identical items on the cards. The original version is in this pack but it also comes with a booklet explaining six party games, a Spot it! plastic hand mascot and plastic card holders.

Our family tried all six versions of the game. The most popular were the first two - the original Spot It version where you have a card and you are trying to match your card to the top card of the pile in the middle. Make a match and the card is yours! The person with the biggest pile wins. The second game works backwards compared to the first - everyone has a pile of cards and there is one card in the middle. Make a match and discard your card. First one to get rid of all their cards wins.

The next four games were variations on the theme that were really not that interesting. The Spot It! mascot has roles to play in these games but it does not save them from being uninnovative and uninteresting. No one wanted to finish these versions and we reverted to the original game and did enjoy that.

While the box says that the game is meant for ages 10 and up I'd have to disagree. It is probably most suitable for the younger kiddos who still aren't reading very quickly. We played with a 6 and 8 year old who absolutely loved the game. The 10 year old wandered off after a few rounds but the little guys were totally obsessed!

Education value to the game may seem limited but it requires intense focus and does not allow for any straying of attention. I think this is really useful skill that not many games demand of young children. Each game only lasts 5-7 minutes (depending on how quickly you find matches) so it seems like a great tool to help children to increase attention spans.

The original game comes in a handy little cardboard box which would be great as a travel game. This version does not have the small box so we will probably resort to zip locs! I'm picking up a few original versions as stocking stuffers for friends.

So, it is a fun game but I doubt you need the party version.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 30, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I wasn't expecting much when I received this game. I thought, 'Just how much can you vary game play for Spot it?' You know the whole idea is to find the matching symbol on another card...and there always is a matching symbol. So I was pleasantly surprised how much fun my family had when we sat down to test it. Two young adults, & two not-so-young adults...we all had fun. Game play is fast. The not-so-young adults had more trouble finding the matches than the young adults. It's got to be a good thing that this game helps us practice our visual perception, mental processing speed, focus, and fine motor skills. These skills decline as we get older & it's good to test them regularly.

We haven't played all the game versions yet, but played Dynamite, Tower, The Well, The Race & Double Frenzy. Some games use the Mascot (the Spot it hand), others use the card holders.

When playing 'The Well' & 'The Tower', not only are you looking for the match, you are also looking for the Mascot picture on the cards, (playing 'the Well') then give the Mascot (hand) to the player of your choice. You can't win the 'The Well' if you have the Mascot. Now this seems simple, but in the frenzy of trying to find a match, I'd usually forget to look for the Mascot on the cards.
~When playing 'The Tower' you're also looking for a match and the Mascot on a card, but in this game you steal the Mascot when you 'Spot it'. When gameplay ends if you have the Mascot, 4 points are added to your score.
~When playing 'Double Frenzy', you try to remember to shout 'Double' & grab the Mascot when you collect 2 cards in a row. If you hold the Mascot at the end, you add 4 points to your score.

These games actually don't sound very exciting when you read about them, but we found them fast moving & fun when we played them. Most of the game play is very fast. I think it was 'The Race' that was so fast all of us were having trouble spotting a match. As soon as we'd spot a match, someone else had already changed the card that was in play & we had to start looking all over again. Even the young adults were having trouble with this one.

My family enjoyed playing 'Spot it! Party'. We found the game variations lively & fun. The young-at-heart players enjoyed testing their 'mental processing speed,' too.

Contents:
55 Cards; 8 Cardholders; 1 Hand Mascot
For 2-8 players - ages 10 to Adult
Approximately 30 minutes gameplay (some of our games were faster)
VINE VOICEon December 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Fun game for families. It states 10+ but can be played by younger kids with an adult to directly supervise. I recommend this and would buy again.
on April 14, 2014
This is a great family game, fun for both kids and adults. We have 4 girls ages 3, 6, 8, & 10 years old, and they all enjoy playing this game. The card deck has 55 cards and each card has a least one matching item with all the other cards. There are multiple ways to play, but all play modes involve finding matches between cards. Most play modes can be used based on how much time you have to play, this is great for our busy family. It allows us to play a quick game when time is short and a longer one when we have more time. At first, due to the simplicity of matching items on the card, my impressions were that this is a simple kid’s game. But I was wrong, after playing it a few times, with the varying sizes/layouts of the pictures, I on multiple occasions would be staring at two cards for a few minutes thinking there was no match, just as my daughter would yell out a match!
on December 25, 2013
So, I was going to buy my daughter the Spot It card game for the holidays because we play Spot It, Jr all the time and I thought she could use more of a challenge. This version was on sale for practically the same price as just the cards so I went ahead and bought it. You can just play with the cards, which is always fun, but the 6 variations they offer in the instructions are also fun and mix things up a bit (sometimes you are trying to win the most cards, others you are trying to get rid of your cards. Sometimes you play the whole deck, others are more "speed" versions where you only need to get six cards before you can win the game. I like the addition of the Spot It hand, which allows you to claim the hand and the current pair without actually matching. This is a great equalizer for when someone gets far ahead of another player. Overall, I'm really happy with this purchase and my daughter loves it. I don't know if it's worth that much more than just the deck, though.
VINE VOICEon January 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Spot It is a game that relies on quick reflexes and observations, with enough variations that 2 to 8 players can be involved. We are a family of game players, and this one has proven to be quickly played, a good cap to an evening of longer games, but it is entertaining all on its own as well. Kids catch on quickly and can easily stay up with (and often surpass) their adult opponents.

The hand is a nice little added touch to the basic game and gives a few more variations. There are directions for eight different ways to play the game; we have tried them all but tend to come back to just a couple of favorites.

Given the price of so many games, this is a reasonable addition to your family's game chest.

See 1 answered question