Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on December 9, 2013
played this game at an ugly sweater party (oh the holidays) this weekend! and it was SOO FUN (and ridiculous and challenging the more spiked eggnog you drink!)

you have to match symbols between cards, and there is ALWAYS a matching symbol!! (Even though I *begged* to differ when I was stumped in the game only to have pointed out matching tighty-whiteys between my two cards! LOL)

The symbols are really on point too! mustache, sushi, vinyl record, YOLO, Bicycle, and lots more!

This game is loads of laughs and I had to get it!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not sure why the description is so adamant that this "isn't for the kids", because my 8yo schooled me at Spot It Hip (SI:H). Sure she and her friends have the advantage of regular Spot It and SI:OTR sessions, and the series is a slumber-party favorite. But this is my generation: hipster glasses, mustaches, tacos, tube socks, and overalls. It's like my childhood on a coaster-card. But the kids have Justice, Teen Nick, and the internet to school them on all things retro-hip and they put it all to work.

The game is the same as every Spot It, where you have to match the symbols. We play Uno-style, where everybody has a hand, they play down on a center pile, and the first one out of cards wins. There are a few other play variants in the rules, but nothing you won't think up on your own.

Overall this is a fast, fun game that scales easily as players come in or out, making it perfect for a party game. The card stock is decent quality, not as heavy as a proper bicycle deck but much better than most board game cards today (I'm looking at you, Hasbro). This tin is also a nice, snug-fitting container that keeps the edges from getting banged up, with a lid that stays securely closed but is not a pain to reopen. For the price, this is a great quality game or gift.
on March 25, 2014
Our family loves the original Spot It game. This version is just as fun but adds a little more humour and entertainment to the mix. It's a blast to yell out "whitey-tighties!" or "YOLO!". The only thing that would make this better is if it had a person twerking...hahahahaha
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 25, 2015
This is a newer version of Spot It. It doesn't require anything from the previous versions to be able to begin. It just has new symbols for different challenges for the family. I love the original version of "Spot It" game and the fun and flexibility it has to offer everyone from the young to Grandpa along with this "Hip" version. There's no need for everyone in the family to read much to be able to play. This game says it's for 13 and up. My son has been playing for a few years and he's 10 now so I disagree with that high of an age range. You just need to let the crowd know what a boombox, Thug Pug, Grumpy Cat, Record, cassette tape, etc are and show them the examples of the pictures in the instructions. The sizes are nice and somewhat large which is a really good thing for adults/grandparents that need reading glasses or young children that can't read much yet. This game has the option of being quick fun (10-15 min) to playing for an hour. Buy it, you and your family and friends will be glad you did. ;)

HOW TO PLAY: Shuffle the cards and deal 1 card face down to all players. Stack the remaining cards in the middle of everyone to make a draw pile. Everyone flips their cards over at the same time and look for symbols on their card that matches up with one of the symbols on the center card. Whoever calls out the symbol that matches the center card the quickest takes the center card and that is their "new" card to try to match. Flip over a new center card from the draw pile for the next match to begin. Continue rounds until no cards remain in the draw pile and the person with the most cards wins. ;) There are 5 different options of how to play included with the instructions.

SIZE: This game travels well in it's tin and is approximately 3 inches around and two inches deep. It can easily fit into most purses for quick time portable fun.

Here are some pictures of a few of the cards for examples.

Update on a more serious but hopefully helpful note: It turns out I have learned that these "Spot It" games are even great for helping patients that can't remember the "names" of objects. Speech therapy, Alzheimer's, Stroke Patients etc.. So be sure to include Grandma's and Grandpa's too in the fun, but let them win a few hands. ;)
review image review image review image review image review image review image
Love Spot it! We own four of these decks. This is one of my kids favorites. It has the coolest images on it like the mustache! The game is easy to learn to play, but really challenging once you start. Each card has one image that is on another card. That is what links all the cards together.

There are different games you can play with the deck. The one we enjoy playing the most is where you and your opponent get one card. You then put the rest of the deck in the middle with the images facing up. You and your opponent need to find one image on your card that is also on the top card. Whoever finds the image first, takes the card, places it on top of their first card and begins searching for another image that matches an image that is on the top card in the middle of the deck.

What makes the game exciting is that each image on each card changes size. So a mustache on one card can be huge and on another card really small. It's fun to see who is faster at finding an image first.
on March 27, 2014
Our family LOVES this game, it is great for all ages, the "HIP" pictures just add to the fun. All versions are great, just different pictures.
VINE VOICEon August 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Spot It Hip version is just a slight change from the original Spot It game in that the photos on these cards are meant to represent a more hip feeling vibe. Examples of the photos and captions are: pound symbol, "Fo Sure", converse like high top sneaker, mustache, nerd glasses, "bro", "sup", @ symbol, tube sock, under wear-"tightie whities", balloon dog, roll of cash, video game controller, bacon, zombie, sushi, head phones, cassette tape, album, "Angry Kitty", robot, unicorn, "dude", coffee to go cup, donut, thumbs-up, dinosaur, and boombox. There are many more also. Other than the different pictures and sayings its the same game as the original Spot It. My family loves to play games of all kinds together. We played this game once through all the cards and none of us got excited. We all kind of just looked at each other and collectively thought, "this is it?!" Because the game is fast paced, and each "hand" is a race for who can state out loud first what the single matching pair of pictures is between the two cards, we found that we didn't have any conversation while playing. A round for us was just watching the cards being turned over, looking for the match, then turning over the next pair of cards. We did not find it to be very fun or stimulating, or engaging. I think this might be fun for very young players. The game is listed for ages 7-adult and for two to eight players. My family of four (2 teenage boys and 2 adults) got through all the cards in well under ten minutes.
on January 23, 2014
Purchased "Spot It" from Amazon, for my 8-year old daughter for Christmas. Like "Headbanz", adults and kids alike can play competitively. If you want to handicap the adults, throw in a two drink minimum to play(must have designated driver, of course). For fun I grabbed the "Hip" version so we can mix it up. It does not take long to play, so it holds the interest of the 6-8 age group, and earns points for spending quality time with the family. I would definitely recommend it as an addition to your collection which likely includes: Candyland, Chutes & Ladders and Sorry.
on April 7, 2016
I got this hoping it would be a hit with a bunch of teen and pre-teen boys. Success! My boys and their friends play it often, and don't get bored since they find themselves laughing as they call out awesome things like mustache, 'sup, hashtag, moola, taco, and undies! There's a couple of old-school items they still get tripped up on (boombox!), but that's OK. Consider it a history lesson. :) Great job, Spot It!
on July 14, 2014
My middle school students and my adult English Second Language students have tons of fun playing this game. It is easy to learn and can be play silently as well as aloud. There are many giggles over some of the "Hip" pictures.