Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Spray & Forget SF1G-J Revolutionary Roof Cleaner Concentrate, 1-Gallon
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on October 6, 2008
I'm not sure if Amazon has this listed correctly (size wise). I purchased a gallon size that is mixed with water in a 5 to 1 ratio for $39.99.

I live in the South. My area is prone to have a black algae that makes your roof look like it's turning black and streaking. I put an application of Spray and Forget on my roof two years ago. In a couple of months my roof looked new again. Amazing! The application was easy. I have a large home and it only took an hour or so.

I just noticed a small area that was turning black again so I retreated. It basically looked new this time almost immediately.

I highly recommend this product.
2323 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2009
I actually wrote to the company to tell them how much I loved their product! It actually works!!! I had a major moss problem put it on and the moss has stayed away for 3 years! It's just now starting to reemerge slowly so I'll be reapplying in the spring. Buy with confidence this is an amazing product that actually does what it says it does! I just don't understand why it isn't available in local stores?? They are missing the boat on this!
55 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2010
Applied over a month ago and much of the roof looks great. Still areas that were the worst are still that way but appear to be somewhat less. One problem very little rain over past month. I'm thinking of buying another gallon and doing those areas again plus the 2nd floor roof although i hate going up that far. I gave it 4 stars only cause not totally sure about final results, but it does appear to be working on most, and time will tell on other darker areas which i did hit failry good 1st time.

Update. I ordered a second gallon. Most of the roof is cleans with some darker areas. I figured i'd apply more to those plus i hadn't done the 2nd floor roof. That's now done, plus remaining dark areas on 1st level (which actually have shrunk more since first review).

Also updated to 5 stars. Great product.

So for $100 or so for the 2 gallons i did very good. I had a local roofing company give me an estimate of over $2200 to do the same job. So you do the math.
on October 15, 2013
After getting estimates upwards of $700 to have our roof professionally cleaned (but risk my extensive gardens) I decided to try this product. I originally (accidentally) ordered the house and deck cleaner, and amazon quickly exchanged it without even charging me.
I was hopeful about this product as the roof looked really bad. Lots of black mold and moss. The roof itself is 14 years old, but other than the stains in great shape.
I called the company that makes Spray and Forget to ask about using the product with rain barrels in place. Not only were they helpful and friendly, but they actually knew what rain barrels are (many companies don't) and they knew what to do. I was relieved I didn't have to move them as they were full!
The product was simple to apply and I continued to use the water from my rain barrels on my plants. The water in the barrels did get sudsy and smell a little funny after the first couple rainfalls, but didn't seem to bother the plants. After several rainfalls there was no difference in the water.
6 months later and the stains are probably 90% gone. Only I notice them (mostly because I knew they were there!) and the house looks so much better! I plan to spray again in the spring to get rid of the last spots since I now know it works well and isn't a harm to my plants (I really figured I'd lose one plant or see some leaf burn, but nope, not one bit of damage).
Very happy this worked...much cheaper and safer than the other options out there, yet still effective.
on August 19, 2015
This product works great. It takes a while for the real effect to take place so be patient.

Purchase the gallon concentrate and invest in a quality spray attachment for your hose, one that adjusts the water to mix ratio. I used an 8 to 1 mix ratio and the results are fantastic. There are some areas I was not able to reach from my ladder so I will be hitting those again. Overall it took about 4 months for the roof to look like new. Hit it again every couple of years and you'll never have to worry about algae on your roof.
review image review image
on July 29, 2014
Doesn't seem to work in a single application as advertised. I have used on my home and my neighbors. Both times, a single application per specification did not clear the roofs. On mine, there are still spots with algae growing even after 2 applications. On my neighbors home which suffers from black streaks, I applied a VERY heavy coat last fall and after 4 months the stains were still there. They were actually worse for the first 2. I called the company and they told me sometimes it takes longer....well, it's almost a year later and the streaks are still on their roof.

UPDATE: Company stands behind it's product. While I wasn't totally please with the results, I contacted the company 1 year later, provided my Amazon receipt and quickly received a full refund. Reputable company which is difficult to find these days.
on June 28, 2011
I had a very bad case of moss on my roof due to tree shade. I trimmed most of the branches covering the roof but the moss would not go away....after a lot of online research, I decided to try this product. I purchased it from Ace Hardware.
Applied it per the instruction. The bottom line, by the end of the summer 2010, 90% of the moss was gone! The remaining stuff was actually just discoloration from the moss. As of today (June 28, 2011) my roof looks brand new....no spots or moss of any kind.
I felt like I should put a review here because this product really works amazingly. You just have to be patient and give it time, and let the "Spray&Forget" with the rain due its job.
on April 12, 2016
I received a letter from my HOA recently about mold and mildew on my roof so I decided to give Spray & Forget a try and spent a little over $200 of the product to cover my entire roof. I chose the No-Rinse application and mixed the proper water to product ratio and applied it as instructed. A little over 3 months had gone by with moderate rain, but the stains remained. Since my time ran out to get the roof cleaned and was about to face the HOA's lawyer because the roof wasn't clean, I ended up using a professional roof cleaner who was able to clean the roof in under 2 hours. They sprayed a similar solution and didn't have to use any sort of pressure cleaner whatsoever. I attached the pics of the roof after a 3 month period to show that the stains that were there before were still there before I had the professional clean it.

Please note:
I originally purchased this from Home Depot, but my review wasn't getting posted in their review section so I wrote it here.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 12, 2010
I've been using Spray & Forget for several years now. We live in New Jersey. Many roofs in our neighborhood have the black mildew stains on the north-facing side. Many people think it's sap from trees, rust from roofing nails, or whatever. In reality, it is mildew. Spray & Forget takes a few months to work because the black stains are actually deal cells that are sloughing off the live mildew. Spray & Forget kills the mildew immediately but then it takes a few months for the rain to wash off the stains. Additionally, once treated, the roof retains its "mildew-adverse" property for another year or so, so the mildew does not grow back. I have also used it on my cement and bluestone front porch and front sidewalk, with great results. Black stains on the roof make the house look bad. It's such an easy problem to fix. I highly recommend this product!
on October 24, 2008
i have heavy mold here in florida.. i tryed it with 6 to 1 but it was too weak, i think 3 to 1 is about right... most of the time i use a preasure sprayer, a electric model which works well...the mold is all over my drive way etc. i would buy it again, not much else on the market for mold at this time...clorox works very well and is very cheap but can take the color out of any thing colored as you know...