5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Stuff!
I'm not sure if Amazon has this listed correctly (size wise). I purchased a gallon size that is mixed with water in a 5 to 1 ratio for $39.99.

Published on October 6, 2008 by J. Penegar

3.0 out of 5 stars heavy mold here in florida, i think 3 to 1 is about right.
Published on October 24, 2008 by REPTAA

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Stuff!, October 6, 2008
This review is from: Spray & Forget Gal Conc Spray/Forget Sf1g-J Structural Cleaners (Misc.)

I live in the South. My area is prone to have a black algae that makes your roof look like it's turning black and streaking. I put an application of Spray and Forget on my roof two years ago. In a couple of months my roof looked new again. Amazing! The application was easy. I have a large home and it only took an hour or so.

I just noticed a small area that was turning black again so I retreated. It basically looked new this time almost immediately.

I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too early to totally tell the results, August 31, 2010
Applied over a month ago and much of the roof looks great. Still areas that were the worst are still that way but appear to be somewhat less. One problem very little rain over past month. I'm thinking of buying another gallon and doing those areas again plus the 2nd floor roof although i hate going up that far. I gave it 4 stars only cause not totally sure about final results, but it does appear to be working on most, and time will tell on other darker areas which i did hit failry good 1st time.

Update. I ordered a second gallon. Most of the roof is cleans with some darker areas. I figured i'd apply more to those plus i hadn't done the 2nd floor roof. That's now done, plus remaining dark areas on 1st level (which actually have shrunk more since first review).

Also updated to 5 stars. Great product.

So for $100 or so for the 2 gallons i did very good. I had a local roofing company give me an estimate of over $2200 to do the same job. So you do the math.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me and my neighbor, August 21, 2012
My neighbor suggested this product to me because my roof (in Florida) was getting a little algae on it. I went online and read a bunch of reviews on it. Some stated it worked, others claimed is didn't. It removed the algae on my roof and my neighbors roof just fine. I followed the directions on the container for mixing and sprayed it on heavy. Within a couple days, the green was gone. I bought it at HD for 40 bucks. Has a pleasant citrus odor. It didn't destroy my grass/plants or cause shingles to shed stones like bleach does. I conclude that folks claiming it doesn't work aren't putting enough on or perhaps they see their roof cleaning business in jeopardy. And yes, it's a lot more expensive than bleach, but cheaper than new shingles and sod and plants. The best way to apply it is with a sprayer from the ground because it makes surfaces (e.g., roof and ladder) slippery.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best product ever!, December 20, 2009
I actually wrote to the company to tell them how much I loved their product! It actually works!!! I had a major moss problem put it on and the moss has stayed away for 3 years! It's just now starting to reemerge slowly so I'll be reapplying in the spring. Buy with confidence this is an amazing product that actually does what it says it does! I just don't understand why it isn't available in local stores?? They are missing the boat on this!

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is amazing!, June 28, 2011
I had a very bad case of moss on my roof due to tree shade. I trimmed most of the branches covering the roof but the moss would not go away....after a lot of online research, I decided to try this product. I purchased it from Ace Hardware.
Applied it per the instruction. The bottom line, by the end of the summer 2010, 90% of the moss was gone! The remaining stuff was actually just discoloration from the moss. As of today (June 28, 2011) my roof looks brand new....no spots or moss of any kind.
I felt like I should put a review here because this product really works amazingly. You just have to be patient and give it time, and let the "Spray&Forget" with the rain due its job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, July 12, 2010
Eric (Succasunna, NJ) - See all my reviews
I've been using Spray & Forget for several years now. We live in New Jersey. Many roofs in our neighborhood have the black mildew stains on the north-facing side. Many people think it's sap from trees, rust from roofing nails, or whatever. In reality, it is mildew. Spray & Forget takes a few months to work because the black stains are actually deal cells that are sloughing off the live mildew. Spray & Forget kills the mildew immediately but then it takes a few months for the rain to wash off the stains. Additionally, once treated, the roof retains its "mildew-adverse" property for another year or so, so the mildew does not grow back. I have also used it on my cement and bluestone front porch and front sidewalk, with great results. Black stains on the roof make the house look bad. It's such an easy problem to fix. I highly recommend this product!

3.0 out of 5 stars heavy mold here in florida, i think 3 to 1 is about right., October 24, 2008
i have heavy mold here in florida.. i tryed it with 6 to 1 but it was too weak, i think 3 to 1 is about right... most of the time i use a preasure sprayer, a electric model which works well...the mold is all over my drive way etc. i would buy it again, not much else on the market for mold at this time...clorox works very well and is very cheap but can take the color out of any thing colored as you know...

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, But Not a Quick Fix on a White Tile Roof, April 21, 2012
Spray and Forget seems to work as promised. However, if your Home Owners Association sends you a notice about a tiny bit of charcoal grey on your white tile roof...well, it may not be the best. My white tile roof looked great, except for a slight dusting here and there of light grey roof algae. I had bought some Spray and Forget months before and had "forgotten" about it. When the notice came (I live next door to the close friend of one of the HOA inspectors who is over all the time) I was perturbed because it wasn't bad. But it meant a chance to try Spray and Forget. I mixed it 1 to 5, the strongest, and sprayed it on. I knew S & F said it was not a quick kill, but I wanted to try it out.

It immediately turned the light gray dark (as they said it would), then in a couple seconds BRIGHT orange, the color of frozen orange juice concentrate if you mixed in a little rust! It must have released pigments from the algae. And it began running down all my white tiles in big, bright rusty orange streaks. Not what the HOA was wanting to see! Now you could spot it from space, not just from the sidewalk. This was obviously a biochemical reaction that I take to mean the algae were not having a good time. And it was very soul satisfying to see it working! But I had to get quick results.

Bleach gets the same color transition as the pigments fade. But it ends up bleached out in a couple minutes. After 45 minutes Spray and Forget's assault was still like blood at an ax murder on a white sheet. Granted on a shingle roof this might not be an issue. But on a pure white roof with the friendly neighborhood HOA wanting to see instant results I had to take some more steps. I hosed it down and orange liquid poured off the roof for probably 10 minutes. At least the top layer of crud was gone, leaving dull brown rusty patches that were still way more visible than when I started. So there was no choice but to spray it with some bleach for the quick result. It did come out just fine in the end.

The next day I decided to give Spray and Forget a fair trial on the rear roof where the HOA can't see it and it can do it's thing over the next few weeks.

Advantages over bleach are several: not caustic, won't bleach your clothes or your car or your cat. And it's actually about the same cost per gallon as pool chlorine, my erstwhile weapon of choice. It remains to be seen on my roof whether it will have the lingering preventative effect they say it will. That would make it the clear winner over bleach---unless you need the quick fix.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, September 19, 2010
My brown shingle roof had dark black streaks running down all parts of the north side of the house, worse and worse every year. then I saw the "Spray &Forget" on TV, obvious what the problem was. I seldom buy or shop TV items but sometimes you can trust HGTV. Easy to mix, I used my pull behind spot sprayer and my lawn tractor. Shoots 26 ft or so.
Didn't need a ladder or have to get on the roof. It rained that morning to wet the roof. as I sprayed the dark streaks got darker just like the lable said. It's rained 3 times since then and the dark streaks are getting lighter and lighter. I was delighted and surprised that I don't have to do this again for 4 to 6 years!!! Wow what a great and simple product, I was close to calling a roofing contractor to solve this ugly problem. And the best part was a great price through Amazon, Big dollar savings under True Value @ over $100. This purchase was just over $50 with shipping, I love it when a cheap fix, really really works. thank you Amazon.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Spray and Forget, whats that?, June 22, 2013
Mix it up and applied as written. For the price and for what the company claims it does it sound good.
But they claim that it takes 6 to 9 months to reach its completion. I had 3 small roof algae spots (12"x12")
and used product diluted 1 to 5 the strongest recommended. Applied it in April 2013. The rains began a week later and as of this date June 22, the roof algae has no changed. I hope by October (6 months) its gone or maybe by this time I will have sprayed and forgot.