5.0 out of 5 stars Three year old loves it, excels in the sandbox
I got this for my son a year ago because he loves construction vehicles and because it was cheap. He's played with it off and on and I've been impressed with how well it's withstood his abuse.

Published on January 14, 2012 by Mindy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good toy, but made in china
Published on January 13, 2011 by mamabird4

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good toy, but made in china, January 13, 2011
This review is from: Sprig Front Loader (Toy)
My 15 month old son went nuts over this in the toy store, and I just had to get it for him. It was next to all the Green Toy products, and seemed to advertise itself as an earth friendly toy. It is made from recycled plastic and reclaimed sawdust collected in the USA- but it is made in China. I'm kinda scratching my head over this one. How is it earth friendly to transport recyclables from the USA to China? Do the Chinese not have recyclable plastic and sawdust? Hmm. All that said, the kid loves it... But I think I would recommend a Green Toy product over Sprig. Just kinda seems to be like they're capitalizing on the green trend without actually being all that green.

5.0 out of 5 stars Three year old loves it, excels in the sandbox, January 14, 2012
Mindy (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sprig Front Loader (Toy)

But just last week, my husband and father-in-law built him a sand box in the backyard and lordy! You've never seen a kid so happy! He LOVED using this front loader in the sand. He scooped up dirt, dumped it into a little pile, was tickled by the tracks the tires made, even used the serrated edge of the loader to make designs in the sand. He loved opening the cabin compartment and dumping sand in there too.

This toy is a BIG hit. It truly doesn't shine until your little one plays in the dirt with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars sprig toy, February 2, 2011
This review is from: Sprig Front Loader (Toy)
It was made ok, but sprigs toys are now made in China and it shows. The quality is nothing like when the toys were made in Canada.

5.0 out of 5 stars durable, fun truck, December 26, 2010
This review is from: Sprig Front Loader (Toy)
My 2.5 year old son was excited to get this truck. Loves diggers, trucks, trains and cars. Sprig is a great brand and this is a well-made toy. It will be easy to clean if he takes it outside. The front loader moves easily. Extra bonus for me - the packaging is reasonable and you can get the toy out without a struggle like most toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun,cheap and works, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Sprig Front Loader (Toy)
1 & 3 year olds both love this. Light weight, moves well, bucket moves and scoops great, cage opens and closes well. Very educational as well since bucket is on hinges and you need to control how it scoops. Love this and can't beat the price for the durability and function.

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy, March 27, 2013
This review is from: Sprig Front Loader (Toy)
I sent this to both my grandsons. One is too young, but will grow into it. It is build sturdy for young children. While the front loader does move and down with the handle, it does not have small parts and thus can be used by children down in age to 15 months. The handle is the right size for a toddlers hands.

Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great from loader., February 24, 2013
This review is from: Sprig Front Loader (Toy)
Great front loader for kids. This product is a lot smaller than it looks in this picture. I planned on tearing up and redoing the lawn this year but it looks like I will have to continue shopping.

4.0 out of 5 stars My son's favorite toy., November 6, 2011
This review is from: Sprig Front Loader (Toy)
This is my son's lovey, his teddy bear.
This truck goes on every trip and adventure and is the center of my son's world- and has been for 2 years.
I've just bought another to make sure we have one should anything happen to the other.

Cons-
The passenger cover comes open TOOO easily.
(The matching dump truck opens TOOO difficulty.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kid approved!, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Sprig Front Loader (Toy)
Pros:
--Because this toy is all plastic, it doesn't rust from exposure to the elements. And when we bring it indoors, you can shake off the sand or hose it down without worry that you'll make it rust. I like it better than the metal construction trucks because I think it will last longer. Also, because it's plastic, it won't get hot like the metal trucks after sitting in the sun.
--The handle makes it really easy to scoop and load sand or other things. My 2 yo has an easy time maneuvering it. We've also used it to pick up his die-cast cars when it's time to clean up the play area.

Other:
--The cab opens up (on a hinge) and then snaps shut. At first, I thought it might be a manufacturing defect that it opens and closes. This is neither a pro nor con, but my son enjoys playing with this part also.

Summary: Kid and mom-approved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built sand toy. Holding up well!, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Sprig Front Loader (Toy)
So far so good, my son has not wrecked it yet in the sand box. Bucket occasionally comes off but easily snaps back on.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›