5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch spring bar I've ever used
I'm just an amateur watch tinkerer like many who have bought this SE 7 piece Watch Spring Bar Tool, but compared to a couple of other inexpensive watch spring bars that I've bought since I started changing my own watch wristbands this is the winner.

Published on October 30, 2012 by Ellie

Where to begin. I received this today, and the first thing I need to say is it's roulette. Maybe you get a good one and maybe you don't. Maybe you should buy two, three, or four. I gave this item one star for the price point, and I gave it another star because one tip works. The problems start with what another reviewer had alluded to.

The threading for the...
Published 7 months ago by Evan S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch spring bar I've ever used, October 30, 2012
This review is from: Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc (Watch)

I didn't change the tool tip it shipped with, I just used it to change the thick, leather band my new German automatic watch with a Swiss ETA 2824 movement came with. It had a tan colour on a stainless case with a black face on the movement. I wanted a Hadley-Roma black leather band.

It was easy off and easy on. Not a single problem. The angle near the tip helps to leverage the pin against the case. Even the very thick original wristband of leather was easy to remove.

When I installed the new, black Hadly-Roma (a leather watch-band company which makes the best bands I've found so far) this spring bar worked perfectly and quickly to put it on my new watch. So, now I have a black wristband made of quality leather in the colour I want. And this little tool, the SE watch spring let me do it better and more quickly than any other similar took I've used. RECOMMENDED.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality No Complaints, February 24, 2012
Atalanta (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc (Watch)
I'm sure this is the same as a bunch of others listed but I chose this one because it didn't have the same manufacturer name as the ones with the really bad reviews. I also like that it came with spare bars since that's one of the big complaints - that the bars break. So far, so good. I have a bunch of watch bands to remove and the only thing is that I should have gotten more spring bars because they can shoot really far LOL. This tool works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a snap!, February 4, 2012
Color My World (Atlanta, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc (Watch)
Armed with this simple tool and online video instructions (YouTube), changing a watch strap can be done in a matter of seconds. Never going to a jeweler again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Tool, July 9, 2012
This review is from: Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc (Watch)
I chose this tool because of its price point, and it looked like a good product, upon receiving the tool I had a slight problem, the seller reached out to me and managed to solve the problem, excellent customer service, which is rare to find, I recommend this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars So much easier!, March 17, 2012
This review is from: Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc (Watch)
So glad I finally got this. If you know what you're doing and love changing straps or adding or removing links, then this is pretty good tool to have. I wouldn't use this for removing links in all my watches - there are better tools for that; but it's great for changing the straps.

4.0 out of 5 stars As listed, March 17, 2013
This review is from: Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc (Watch)
The tool is priceless for replacing batteries, watch bands and band springs/pins.
This specific tool isn't the greatest quality but will get the job done no problem as long as your not overaggressivee with it the price is right for what your getting.
I would recommend this tool for the avJoeoe but not for someone that does watch worfrequentlyly or for a living.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, May 16, 2012
This review is from: Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc (Watch)
The watch tool arrived on time, in good condition , had all parts and works great. Just as advertised! No problems at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ: Seriously, I'll save you time (just not reading time)., May 29, 2014
This review is from: Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc (Watch)

The threading for the tightening/loosening mechanism is terrible. Some of the threads have little 'burs' in them that just add to the already fatal flaw. I was unable to properly tighten the three round tips (you get three flat and three round tips) so every time I tried to put in one of the round tips it would constantly fall out. The flat tips seem to stay rather well and I was able to make due.

I plan on purchasing a pricier tool for this in the near future because while this tool has an amazing price, my time and patience are worth far more than $6.18.

For the price and the amount of 5* reviews it has I won't be surprised if this item keeps on selling, but I warn you that you may get a defective tool like myself, or you may get lucky. Buying a tool for a bit more $ may prove to be a wise investment not only for your watch, but your patience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Big to be Useful, June 21, 2014
This review is from: Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc (Watch)
Completely useless tool. I own 7 watches and like to change straps and bracelets. This tool is so big that it does not work with not even one of my watches. Seller told me to send it back for refund ... that's nice of them ... but I only paid 4 bucks for the tool, and the return postage will probably cost as much as the tool, plus waste 30 minutes waiting at the post office. Forget that. So it's cheaper for me to just throw it in the garbage bin ... and that's where it went. Spade tips were like trying to change watch straps with a Sears Craftsman Mechanics Screwdriver. Even the round tip was too big to fit in the lug holes on a couple of old vintage Rolexes that I own. If you have a newer style Rolex with bracelet, forget it. The tool won't touch the spring bars on the lugs, or spring bars on the bracelet clasp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Pin Changer, July 5, 2012
Mark (North Platte) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc (Watch)
This item works. I changed an hard to change watch band in about two [2] minutes. I am very happy with this. It makes changing a watch band quite easy.