From the Author
This book offers many practical examples, in the cookbook format, of how to use the core Spring Framework along with portfolio projects. It's primarily oriented around web application development, and includes topics such as
- Registering users, authentication and authorization (Spring Security)
- Implementing page flows (Spring Web Flow)
- Developing an article publishing engine (Spring Data MongoDB)
- Developing a comment engine (Spring Web MVC, WMD editor)
- Configuration management (Spring Data Neo4j, Spring REST support)
- Building a tech support system (Spring Integration)
- Keeping your site up with circuit breakers (extending Spring)
- Much more
Spring in Practice is intended to be complementary to Craig Walls' book, Spring in Action. Neither book, however, requires having read the other.
About the Author
Willie Wheeler is a Principal Applications Engineer for Expedia in Bellevue, WA. He has sixteen years of experience in Java/Java EE development including nine years with the Spring Framework. Willie enjoys writing software (including open source), blogging, writing articles and spending time with his family.
Joshua White has worked as a Solutions Architect for a number of financial and health services organizations in Connecticut. He has over twelve years of experience designing and developing Java and Java EE based solutions. He has worked with and evangelized the use of the Spring Framework since its inception in 2002.